Accident at Disneyland (CA)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: ALL media NOT evil!!!!!!

Originally posted by CSOM
You 2 are right. Media is only concerned with relating factual information,and they aren't giant corporations that ultimately just try to draw viewers/readers through any angle they can get by making their message seem more extreme so they can get more money for the stockholders.... :rolleyes:

DING DING DING DING DING, ladies and gentleman, we have a winner.

PurpleFigment

Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL media NOT evil!!!!!!

Originally posted by hakunamatata
DING DING DING DING DING, ladies and gentleman, we have a winner.

How about this...all the members of the media should just quit their jobs and no one will ever know anything. We'll stop putting pictures of missing endangered children on television, we'll stop investigating the toxic dump you may be living on top of...we'll stop finding out your car could crash because the manufacturer of your tires doesn't want to spend $.05 per tire to fix a known defect...we'll stop finding out that your tax money is paying for your congressman's personal vacations.

Yeah, we want to put out a good product and make money. You want to in your field, too, right? We are a business, we'll never deny that. Some stations will go to extreme lengths to draw in viewers (tabloid-type stories), but don't lump the rest of us with those sleezy stations. You look down upon those stories, and their competing stations look down upon them, too. We're here to inform, help, entertain, and yeah, make money.

We know we need viewers. I just wish viewers would also figure out that you need us, too. Unless you want to hand over your hard earned money to your congressman so he can go on a fancy vacation, then go to the home to your toxic dump and have your kid abducted to never see them again, then get in your car and die in a wreck because you didn't know your tires were defective. :brick:

strobe

Originally posted by Fievel
Congratulations...your posts are now reporrted....

Have fun over at your website...it's the only one you'll be allowed to visit soon...

Fievel, I almost always agree with you on your troll bashing. But this time, I think he was just trying to help (in the first post). MP is a big site, and it's another source of information for all of us who would like to know more, less biased information then we are getting from the major media .

(Even though the follow up book post was an unnecessary swipe to annoy you - or so it appeared.)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL media NOT evil!!!!!!

Originally posted by PurpleFigment
How about this...all the members of the media should just quit their jobs and no one will ever know anything. We'll stop putting pictures of missing endangered children on television, we'll stop investigating the toxic dump you may be living on top of...we'll stop finding out your car could crash because the manufacturer of your tires doesn't want to spend $.05 per tire to fix a known defect...we'll stop finding out that your tax money is paying for your congressman's personal vacations.

Yeah, we want to put out a good product and make money. You want to in your field, too, right? We are a business, we'll never deny that. Some stations will go to extreme lengths to draw in viewers (tabloid-type stories), but don't lump the rest of us with those sleezy stations. You look down upon those stories, and their competing stations look down upon them, too. We're here to inform, help, entertain, and yeah, make money.

We know we need viewers. I just wish viewers would also figure out that you need us, too. Unless you want to hand over your hard earned money to your congressman so he can go on a fancy vacation, then go to the home to your toxic dump and have your kid abducted to never see them again, then get in your car and die in a wreck because you didn't know your tires were defected. :brick:

The only media I need is Talk Radio. Everything else just reports about the "evil" conservative side, the "evil" corporation, and the "evil environmentaly unfriendly" SUV's. This will be my last comment on the topic. Have a nice day. (And yes, I am a white, Christian, conservative, SUV driving, tax paying male, whose house is built on a rice field, that can find out what is going on in the world without having national media force feed me with its liberal slant.

PS----AND I LOVE DISNEY WORLD AND AM DRIVING MY SUV ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS...HA HA HA.

TURKEY

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL media NOT evil!!!!!!

The only media I need is Talk Radio. Everything else just reports about the "evil" conservative side, the "evil" corporation, and the "evil environmentaly unfriendly" SUV's. This will be my last comment on the topic. Have a nice day. (And yes, I am a white, Christian, conservative, SUV driving, tax paying male, whose house is built on a rice field, that can find out what is going on in the world without having national media force feed me with its liberal slant.

PS----AND I LOVE DISNEY WORLD AND AM DRIVING MY SUV ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS...HA HA HA.

Of course, there is no bias in talk radio.:rolleyes:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

(And yes, I am a Christian, conservative, SUV driving,

Christ Already!!! We are back on this!? :confused:

(that explains a LOT though) :lol: :D ;)

PurpleFigment

You THINK a rice field is the only thing your house is sitting on. Do you think developers tell buyers they're buying property that's contaminated? And if that SUV is an Explorer, you might want te be certain you don't have defective Firestone tires that may cause you to flip over on I-10 on that drive to Disney World.

And if you think all media has a liberal slant, you might want to pull out your remote sometime and change the channel...we're not all the same. And try local news sometime...some channel may suprise you sometime (you said you're in Texas, so if you're in the Dallas area try Channel 8; San Antonio try Channel 5; Houston try Channel 11 or 13).

I don't like the way the stores fold clothes so they get crease marks in the most annoying places, but I don't tell them how to run their business...I just get over it and move on....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hmm.

I'm liberal. I drive an SUV...

man.. I'm full of contradictions.. :rolleyes:

Eesh people.. Isn't this thread supposed to be about a tragedy? I know everyone has different view-points on just about everything out there, but shouldn't something like this bring us together rather than have us bickering over the 'liberal' or the 'conservative' slanted News?? Doesn't really matter in the long run.

Bagheera

Originally posted by strobe
(Even though the follow up book post was an unnecessary swipe to annoy you - or so it appeared.)

Actually, I was writing it and posting it while Fievel was writing his first comment. I didn't see his comment until after I had already posted the comment about the book. Though, again, my reasoning stands. People had said earlier in the thread that they were having trouble finding the book. I knew that MouseShoppe had copies, and I thought that I'd help them out. (And, again, MouseShoppe is not owned by MousePlanet. It is owned by two senior partners of MousePlanet, but it does not generate any funding for MP.)

strobe

Originally posted by Bagheera
I didn't see his comment until after I had already posted the comment about the book.

Ahhh - I see.. I apologize about that.

I hate when that happens to me in the threads!! (post jumps) :)

Woody13

Originally posted by Bagheera
Actually, I was writing it and posting it while Fievel was writing his first comment. I didn't see his comment until after I had already posted the comment about the book. Though, again, my reasoning stands. People had said earlier in the thread that they were having trouble finding the book. I knew that MouseShoppe had copies, and I thought that I'd help them out. (And, again, MouseShoppe is not owned by MousePlanet. It is owned by two senior partners of MousePlanet, but it does not generate any funding for MP.)

You don't need to explain Baggy. Your reputation is beyond reproach. We all know you were attempting to be helpful and I think your posts were all very helpful!

strobe

Originally posted by Woody13
You don't need to explain Baggy. Your reputation is beyond reproach. We all know you were attempting to be helpful and I think your posts were all very helpful!

I Agree 150% - I always enjoy his posts

*feels dumb for thinking differently on one post*

Bagheera

Well, since Steve has been on and presumably checked out Fievel's report of my post, I guess that my posts have been considered within guidelines. Thanks to all who posted and PMed me in support. I would never knowingly violate guidelines. I'm just trying to be helpful. I just wanna be loved, is that so wroooong? (Sorry, couldn't help that. SNL attack.) I just have to add, in the words of Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles, "I'm rapidly becoming an underground success in this town." ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'll publicly apologize to Bagheera. I like the guy, and his posts. Just bad timing by him perhaps, but I'm a big enough guy to admit when I'm wrong.

However, I won't apologize to the other couple people who continue to stir the pot.......this is a place to discuss, and you only help to make it a place to insult and degrade.

Bagheera

Originally posted by Fievel
I'll publicly apologize to Bagheera. I like the guy, and his posts. Just bad timing by him perhaps, but I'm a big enough guy to admit when I'm wrong.

However, I won't apologize to the other couple people who continue to stir the pot.......this is a place to discuss, and you only help to make it a place to insult and degrade.

Apology accepted. As I said earlier, "I know that the bickering has made you sensitive to people stepping out of bounds, but I honestly had no intention of violating terms of service here." It appears that this was exactly the case. No hard feelings, and I look forward to many more pleasant conversations with you on the boards.

Roswellqueen13

You Wonder

You knew that Disney needed an accident of some sort to make them realize that they can't control every aspect of Disney. Maybe this will make them realize that they need to dedicate a little more time to ride safety than making money.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Re: You Wonder

Originally posted by Roswellqueen13
You knew that Disney needed an accident of some sort to make them realize that they can't control every aspect of Disney. Maybe this will make them realize that they need to dedicate a little more time to ride safety than making money.

that's what I've been saying all along. Glad to see someone agrees with me. Great first post.. welcome to my buddy list on the boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom