Abandoned WDW Attractions

jrlang1

Original Poster
Even though it was taken over by another ride, does Mister Toads' ride count?

It is a ride that alot of people miss including me but i am fairly sure that non of the ride still exists. But the 2nd floor of figment is still there unused left to rot.

Does any one know if body wars still exists or has it been parted out?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Aww, that would of been a really cool effect if they thought it through. :/

Did they ever let people swim in SSL?

Yes, beaches were open at Poly, Contemporary and other resorts for some years. Swimming area was roped off with lifeguards. I can say that in my younger days I swam in those waters! :eek: A little rough in the deep end as you could get tangled in the grass out there.

I don't believe the wave generator was ever used with guests present. It is my understanding that it was immediately found to cause significant beach errosion, so was never used.

What about MK Noodle Station?

trr1

The Catwalk Bar

The Catwalk Bar was a cocktail bar located on catwalks above the seating and service areas for the Soundstage Restaurant( Playhouse Disney). It was reached by a stairway and elevator between the Soundstage Restaurant and the Brown Derby

_Scar

Yes, beaches were open at Poly, Contemporary and other resorts for some years. Swimming area was roped off with lifeguards. I can say that in my younger days I swam in those waters! :eek: A little rough in the deep end as you could get tangled in the grass out there.

I don't believe the wave generator was ever used with guests present. It is my understanding that it was immediately found to cause significant beach errosion, so was never used.

What about MK Noodle Station?

Interesting. Did you ever feel like an alligator was near? :lookaroun:lol:

And I was at the MK Noodle Station this past Decement and August and in August it was open serving Asian food and in December it wasn't at all- just the Wishes dessert party going on. Kinda sad because that's prime real-estate. They should make it a full time TS restaurant! :(

What ever happened to the Hunchback stage at DHS is it still there?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Interesting. Did you ever feel like an alligator was near? :lookaroun:lol:

And I was at the MK Noodle Station this past Decement and August and in August it was open serving Asian food and in December it wasn't at all- just the Wishes dessert party going on. Kinda sad because that's prime real-estate. They should make it a full time TS restaurant! :(

What ever happened to the Hunchback stage at DHS is it still there?

Never worried about aggilators....being from Jersey, you just didn't think about those things. It was also easier to keep track of everything as WDW was just MK and two hotels (and I think a campground)! :lookaroun

What remains of Hunchback stage is storage I believe. Osborne lights?

mastif

The Catwalk Bar

The Catwalk Bar was a cocktail bar located on catwalks above the seating and service areas for the Soundstage Restaurant( Playhouse Disney). It was reached by a stairway and elevator between the Soundstage Restaurant and the Brown Derby

I think i remember this but very vaugley. did the cat walk by any chance lead outside? I also remember a knight's armor on display...?

jrlang1

Original Poster
The Catwalk Bar

Does anyone have a pic of this bar i can find any?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never worried about aggilators....being from Jersey, you just didn't think about those things. It was also easier to keep track of everything as WDW was just MK and two hotels (and I think a campground)! :lookaroun

What remains of Hunchback stage is storage I believe. Osborne lights?
That is just what we like to hear.:D

alligator.jpg

MKCP 1985

There is a creepy hotel at the end of Sunset Boulevard. From the looks of the grounds, it may be abandoned. There are some scary sounds that come from that place. :lookaroun

Mr. Toad was not abandoned. He was foreclosed and reopened under new management, but as mentioned by Mike, you can still find him at Disneyland. :king:

jrlang1

Original Poster
Cranium Command has moved on to that great land of cast off attractions where good ideas frollick aimlessly in the sun.

:)

Does anyone know if those attrations in that pavilion are still behind the closed doors? left to rot or have they been taken apart?

Epic Epcot

Yeah they closed the doors but do the simulators still stand or have they been sold or parted out.

From what I know, the simulators are still standing, but no longer operatable since bits and pieces of it have been used as spare parts for Star Tours. Now I wonder, is the queue still intact?

scotth1224

Yeah they closed the doors but do the simulators still stand or have they been sold or parted out.

Just took the Undiscovered Future World Tour Two weeks ago and asked that question. What the guide told me is that at least one Simulator is still there and intact and that is where they will be testing for ST2. The rest have been used for parts for ST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom