Abandoned WDW Attractions

jrlang1

Original Poster
WDW has abandoned several attrations over the years. I am not talking about replacing but closing the doors and walking away. I know of several but i was woundering if there are any more?​
  1. Fort Wilderness Rail Road​
  2. River Country​
  3. Discovery Island​
  4. 2nd floor of Figment​

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDW has abandoned several attrations over the years. I am not talking about replacing but closing the doors and walking away. I know of several but i was woundering if there are any more?​
  1. Fort Wilderness Rail Road​
  2. River Country​
  3. Discovery Island​
  4. 2nd floor of Figment​
The trains and track were sold off for the Ft Wilderness railroad and some of the passenger cars were used as ticket booths for PI. Some track and the water tower still remain but I would not classify it as abandoned like RC or DI.

WoL.
The Millennium Pavilion (not an attraction per se, but it's a sizable building that's not being used for anything)
It is used as special/corporate events space much like WOL and Odyssey.

jrlang1

Original Poster
The trains and track were sold off for the Ft Wilderness railroad and some of the passenger cars were used as ticket booths for PI. Some track and the water tower still remain but I would not classify it as abandoned like RC or DI.

I know but if you walk the nature trail u can see the bridges in the woods by the play ground

jrlang1

Original Poster
Sigh... it used to offer a lovely atmosphere with buffets morning, noon and night to regular, admission paying guests.

Now it`s a shrine to the corporate dollar and a way to squeeze even more money out of visitors.

Thats is to bad it looks like it would be much nicer to eat there vs next to inoventions

jrlang1

Original Poster
Which nature trail and where in Ft. Wilderness?

It is no longer maintained. it is called the swamp trail and the bridge is near the 300 loop beind the play ground. It is very over grown

1978_ftwildernessmap_web.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom