A Way To Get Many Fastpasses!

SpongeScott

Re: for fun

Originally posted by civileng68
Ok, this post has obviously gotten incredibly popular as it has stayed in the top 3 positions for over a day now.

Let's keep it light hearted and just remember it's ok to debate so that they don't close it. :sohappy:
Dude, this IS civil. It's just that we're right, and you're wrong! :lol:

Ask garyhoov where you're gonna go......:fork: :fork: :fork:

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
the point

I see your point completely, as I have most people's views on here. I see where everyone is coming from to be honest, it's just that I never thought much of it.

I love FastPass but I feel that in any ride with full lines, there should be no fastpass and we wouldn't need it. You know, If I could wait only 30 minutes for Space Mountain and other popular rides, I would do it and get all the rides in but with the Fastpass there are MAMMOTH lines and if you don't get a Fastpass you will not have time to wait in all the lines and get to ride everything.

SpongeScott

Re: no loophole intended

I'm not doing anything against someone's will and never even thought about Fast pass rules because I wasn't doing anything directly against the FastPass.

Care to e-mail or call Disney and ask them if what you're doing is against FastPass "rules"? I would bet you a dollar that Disney would frown on your practice.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: for fun

Originally posted by sandjhooker
Dude, this IS civil. It's just that we're right, and you're wrong! :lol:

Aks garyhoov where you're gonna go......:fork: :fork: :fork:

CRAP! I thought I was right and YOU were wrong! Wait, YOU ARE!:sohappy:

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: no loophole intended

Originally posted by sandjhooker
Care to e-mail or call Disney and ask them if what you're doing is against FastPass "rules"? I would bet you a dollar that Disney would frown on your practice.

How about instead we have Disney call us and ask us if we agree with some of the things they are affiliated with and see if WE frown on it? :lol:

Tigggrl

I also see that you can obviously afford to visit the resort quite often, in March, May and July....even MORE reason to give those people who save their whole lives just to visit once, for just a few days, the opprotunity to enjoy the attractions, especially in the busy seasons...go when its not busy, then stand in line.... :brick:

careship

Disney Fastpass®
Disney's FASTPASS® service is easy to use AND cuts the wait time on the most popular attractions. And since it's included in your Theme Park admission - all you need is your ticket! So find out more about how it works and get a list of the attractions that offer this feature.

How it works

Just slide your regular Park ticket through the turnstiles at participating attractions. Your Disney's FASTPASS® ticket will be imprinted with a designated ride time. Now you can go enjoy the rest of the Park. When your ride time rolls around, come back to the FASTPASS entrance and hop on board with no further wait. What could be easier?

Got this from disneyworld.com

Notes that is says your(s) all through it. Not someone elses.

Tramp

Re: no way

Im not begging man, I simply ask very politely to someone who is standing by the machine. It's a simple question, not begging. If I don't get it I move on to the line, I dont go to another person and ask again and again and again. You have me all wrong.

:animwink:

I know you don't see it this way but please consider something. What you are doing is tantamount to panhandling. You're hitting up people for a fast pass just as panhandlers hit ya up for a buck. People may not appear to mind giving the panhandler a buck nor do they appear to mind giving you the fastpass...BUT deep down inside it's outright annoying and many resent it.

This isn't a matter of making a mountain out of a mole hill. Revealing this 'method' of getting fast passes in public could give others the bright idea to do it too, and then they'll tell their friends etc etc. It won't be a mole hill if one day you find 5 or 10 people scouring the area around attractions looking for a free fast pass. I don't want to be bothered by you or anyone else for a fast pass no matter how innocent YOU think it is. It's an intrusion on the guests' right to the comfort and enjoyment of the park without being shaken down. And I'll bet if Disney security gets a complaint about you, you'll find yourself on the outside looking in.

careship

Originally posted by spider-man
^^^^read it again Careship.:lol:

Oh my I must be getting old. I looked it up again like I was insane.

It doesn't say that....but I did see them say they need to redo the tickets and have them add a thumbprint to get it and use it.

Like I tell my kids, just because someone else does it doesn't always make it right.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
great!

Originally posted by careship
Like I tell my kids, just because someone else does it doesn't always make it right.

Keep telling them this and things will be just fine. Don't let me rain on your parade.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ok getting rediculous?

Originally posted by Tigggrl
I also see that you can obviously afford to visit the resort quite often, in March, May and July....even MORE reason to give those people who save their whole lives just to visit once, for just a few days, the opprotunity to enjoy the attractions, especially in the busy seasons...go when its not busy, then stand in line.... :brick:

Ok, how many times does one need to say that I only ask for one ticket. I dont go around and have ten in my pocket at once.

Im sorry but, I don't think that one ticket here and there is going to ruin a person's trip to WDW. You figure there's realistically probably a small number of people doing what I do and that park can hold ALOT of people. If someone like me can ask one person for a ticket every now and then and get one, Im afraid that if that ruins a person's WDW trip then they need to rethink things, but I think things are fine the way they are.

I cannot afford to go all the time. It's actually not that expensive. I was given annual passes as a wedding gift and go often now because of it. I've only lived in FL for a year now and have always wanted the ability to go to WDW whenever I want. I live in South Florida now and when Im not on the beach I spend a weekend relaxing at WDW stealing fast passes from everyone and breaking all WDW rules and causing havoc among all who visit. Does this make you happy now that I have conceded to your theory?

careship

There are rules

I found a couple of rules that actually give me the permission to give mine away if after getting it I decide not to use it.

Disney's FASTPASS® Service

Meant to reduce the amount of time guests are required to spend in line at the most popular attractions. At Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Disney's FASTPASS® Service is currently operating at the following attractions:

Magic Kingdom® Park
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
The Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan's Flight
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot®
Test Track
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!
Living With the Land
Maelstrom

Disney-MGM Studios
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
The Twilight Zone Tower of TerrorTM
Star Tours
Indiana JonesTM Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3-D
Who Wants To Be a Millionaire - Play It!

Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris®i
Kali River Rapids
DINOSAUR
It's Tough To Be a Bug!®
Primeval Whirl

Here's how it works

At the attraction you'll see displays indicating the current wait time for the "Stand-by" (the normal line) and the return time for your Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket. You have the option of waiting in the "Stand-by" line or getting a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket. If you get a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket you'll need to return at the time frame indicated (a one hour window).

If you choose to get a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket, insert your park ticket and a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket will dispense indicating when you will need to return.

Visit other attractions at the park. When your Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket time comes, return to the attraction and look for a sign marked "FastPass Return". Show your Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket to the Cast Member and, you will be brought in, you will have little or no wait for the attraction.

A few rules to keep in mind

Your park ticket is required to get a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket. Be.sure to keep it handy.

Once you have obtained a Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket, you can obtain another Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket on any attraction until after a 2 hour window has passed or your ticket time has passed.

You do not have to use your Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket if you decide not to ride an attraction. If you decide not to use your Disney's FASTPASS® Ticket you can always ask another person in the park if they want your FastPass.

Becky

Ok, no negative comments please, this is NOT cheating but

hey, paying $2.00 for a fastpass is well worth me not waiting an hour in line.

Let me come back to this part of your post. Imagine people comming up to a family in a fast pass line and offering $2 per ticket , or $5, $10 whatever.

How long do you think Disney would keep fast pass if this became common? Or if several people were bothering guests asking for their fastpass.

Someone can't use their fast pass and says Sir would you like our fast passes, fine. Asking, begging, buying NO WAY:eek:

GoofyMike29

if some "grown man" asked to use my ticket for a fast pass i would tell him to learn some patience and wait in the line with the rest of the thousands of people...

EpcoTim

Thats the worst way of getting a fastpass I have ever heard. I perfer to bully the elderly and the non-english speakers with a little dose of fear. Nothing will get you a fast pass quicker than threatening to steal someones " pack"

:lol: :animwink:

Woody13

When I want to get an extra "Fastpass" I just stand near the Fastpass machines with my little cardboard sign that reads, "I will give you a kiss for a FastPass".

RickEff

Originally posted by Woody13
When I want to get an extra "Fastpass" I just stand near the Fastpass machines with my little cardboard sign that reads, "I will give you a kiss for a FastPass".

And? How's that workin' for you?:lol:

disneydata

Hmmmmmmm ...

I bet if you would go up to a CM and ask them about this, they would agree that it isin't the way fast passes were intended to be used. You're basically taking someone's place in line as if they were holding your place.

Plus, you are wrong that it is not a written rule. I'm looking at a Space Mountain fast pass from one of my visits (dated 12/14/00). The bottom of the backside reads:

Nontransferable NOT FOR SALE
C Disney

If that's not a written rule, I don't know what is. Let's take a visit to Dictionary.com:

nontransferable
adj : incapable of being transferred [syn: unassignable, untransferable]

and since that is a bit vague, we visit yet again for a derivative:

trans·fer ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trns-fûr, trnsfr)
v. trans·ferred, trans·fer·ring, trans·fers
v. tr.
1. To convey or cause to pass from one place, person, or thing to another.
2. Law. To make over the possession or legal title of; convey.
3. To convey (a design, for example) from one surface to another, as by impression

So, as you can see, is it against the WRITTEN rules to sell (or purchase for that matter) or have fast passes exchange hands. Of course there was the written one about giving it to someone if you decide not to ride, but that does not make begging for fastpasses right. When I become a CM for my college program, I would not condone this practice if I saw it, nor would I if I were a guest.

Nick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom