A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Disney Analyst

I think this photo Mint Crocodile took finally puts the nail in the coffin on the rumor of Paint the Night being shipped out, as they cant store both parades.... Disneyland has created storage for MSEP... temporary, likely as temporary as that parade will be. Mind you that tent is clearly not tall enough for the clock tower, as it has no top on it... So perhaps it is just there while they work on the floats?

i-z9wBHjF-O.png

brb1006

I think this photo Mint Crocodile took finally puts the nail in the coffin on the rumor of Paint the Night being shipped out, as they cant store both parades.... Disneyland has created storage for MSEP... temporary, likely as temporary as that parade will be. Mind you that tent is clearly not tall enough for the clock tower, as it has no top on it... So perhaps it is just there while they work on the floats?

i-z9wBHjF-O.png
Was that taken after MSEP ended its run at WDW?

doctornick

Or they could leave ToT alone and build a completely separate GoTG e-ticket with an original ride concept that doesn't have to be crammed into an existing show building.

This. I'm actually excited by the idea that some sort of Marvel/superhero land should be coming to DHS in the future, but it should be a proper addition and built in a way to be a cohesive land that fits the rest of the park. No reason to mess up one of the few areas of the park that actually currently works.

The_Jobu

True, but Zootopia earned approval from both audiences and critics. That's typically a strong indicator that the movie offers something of value... unless you're the kind of person who generally dismisses mainstream releases.

Didn't mean to imply it was hot garbage, just that being really popular only tells you that something is really popular. It has value, sure, but I can see someone on a Disney board finding it average. An average-above average film can be insanely popular, doesn't mean it's quality. I'd list examples but that would probably start an internet fight with someone.

And rotten tomatoes is about as useful as **** on a ****.

Anyhoo, back on topic. How 'bout that ToT. What a ********. Amirite?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Popularity doesn't really tell you something's quality.

And rotten tomatoes is about as useful as **** on a ****.

Which is why I quoted the part about the universal critical acclaim from the RT score. You can be dismissive about it. But when over 200 reviewers generally agree that something is excellent... maybe you're the one who's taste level is out of whack.

But there is one thing that popularity tells you: If you don't like it, you're in the minority.

The_Jobu

But there is one thing that popularity tells you: If you don't like it, you're in the minority.

Which, again, doesn't tell you anything about its quality. Just that it's really popular.

And an RT rating isn't a "score", it's just the ratio of reviewers who found it "good" over "not good".

The_Jobu

This. I'm actually excited by the idea that some sort of Marvel/superhero land should be coming to DHS in the future, but it should be a proper addition and built in a way to be a cohesive land that fits the rest of the park. No reason to mess up one of the few areas of the park that actually currently works.

I can get behind making new stuff, even for IPs I'm not big on, I just cant understand putting something over one of the most enjoyed rides in the park.

NearTheEars

Which, again, doesn't tell you anything about its quality. Just that it's really popular.

And an RT rating isn't a "score", it's just the ratio of reviewers who found it "good" over "not good".

I thought the movie was just OK, but, anecdotally, after talking with several others I'm in the minority. They all loved it. It was a critical and commercial success. I'm not sure what other metrics you, personally, need. Possibly a time machine to jump a few decades to see if it holds up?

Edit: But just to be clear, In no way do I think it needs to be in DAK.

The_Jobu

I thought the movie was just OK, but, anecdotally, after talking with several others I'm in the minority. They all loved it. It was a critical and commercial success. I'm not sure what other metrics you, personally, need. Possibly a time machine to jump a few decades to see if it holds up?

Edit: But just to be clear, In no way do I think it needs to be in DAK.

I don't need anything, I've never actually said what I think of the movie. Just taking umbrage with the idea that you can dismiss someone's opinion that a movie was just ok (not my opinion, Darth's) by citing box office totals and RT totals.

Also edit: I dont think it needs to be in DAK either, but I wouldn't be upset if they built something new for it.

Daveeeeed

I wouldn't say Zootopia is a Ratatouille or Up level film, but it's been one of the best in this rather dull year for quality animated movies. Finding Dory was decent, but it really needed a lot more, and paled in comparison to the original. For me Zootopia was a 7/10 on story, 8/10 including the epic Dialogue!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is turning into a sick game of low can Disney corporate go, We are seeing stuff which most of us never dreamed about in our worst nightmares about what Disney would do.

Now you have the ultimate expression of what a bunch of clueless suits can do to an iconic brand and their products.

Right about now I've given up all hope of Disney 'righting the ship'

the.dreamfinder

Bob Iger and Phillipe Dauman, birds of a feather?
http://deadline.com/2016/10/paramount-brad-grey-fights-for-his-future-1201842458/
While rivals like Disney were buying assets like Marvel and Lucasfilm, Dauman drained the corporate coffers on stock buy-backs and, sometimes, large executive bonuses. That unwillingness to keep pace with rivals backfired as the Viacom stock fell precipitously, and as one informed critic put it, “they spent $16 billion buying shares that lost half their value, because they would not invest in their core businesses.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom