A Spirited Perfect Ten

mahnamahna101

So you enjoyed the old way of showing up to the park in the afternoon during a busy summer, and being faced with long lines and limited fastpass availability? If you switch parks, you can always get a FB for the new park. There are good and bad to any system, but I enjoyed Fastpass + quite a bit, and loved not having to store fastpasses and park tickets in my wallet. In fact, I didn't even need to bring my wallet into the parks, it was just a major convenience.
It's more that people don't want to have to micromanage the vast majority of their day.

Also, way too many things at MK, for example, shouldn't have a FP option:
POTC
HM
IASW
Buzz
Mermaid
Laugh Floor
Philharmagic
Tea Cups
Dumbo
Speedway

If you removed FP+ from all of those, standby waits would decrease by a noticeable amount. And there wouldn't be so much stress to get everything done in a day.

bhg469

So you enjoyed the old way of showing up to the park in the afternoon during a busy summer, and being faced with long lines and limited fastpass availability? If you switch parks, you can always get a FB for the new park. There are good and bad to any system, but I enjoyed Fastpass + quite a bit, and loved not having to store fastpasses and park tickets in my wallet. In fact, I didn't even need to bring my wallet into the parks, it was just a major convenience.

That's mostly embellished.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
OK, no Minions for me. I've been convinced it's a children's film and one I can view on a flight. So, it's getting a skip from me. I'm sure most UNI fanbois will use it 'prove' my 'hate' for their beloved company.

Understandable....also understandable though about how popular it is...it's being advertised as just a fun, escapist movie with lots of comedy and not much drama.....there isn't many of those yet this summer.

UpAllNight

Most people go on holiday to get away from planning, which they probably do every single day in their daily lives. Build more rides, give people more to do, and the problem would be vastly reduced, regardless of attendance increases. More capacity is needed in all parks, simple as that.

The place is raking in buckets of cash every single day yet failure to invest is resulting in such negative experiences for people that it will turn people away for future visits.

At times I found Disney stressful. I don't want to pay that much money to feel like that.

FigmentJedi

As for bottled stuff.. I still remember that selling canned air is becoming a trend in Shangai and other super contaminated cities..

anyone remembers this guy?
9BSwtHA.jpg
Yeah, lame knockoff of this guy

truecoat

I think I'd rather bring my wallet with me and not leave it at the hotel.

NearTheEars

It's more that people don't want to have to micromanage the vast majority of their day.

Also, way too many things at MK, for example, shouldn't have a FP option:
POTC
HM
IASW
Buzz
Mermaid
Laugh Floor
Philharmagic
Tea Cups
Dumbo
Speedway

If you removed FP+ from all of those, standby waits would decrease by a noticeable amount. And there wouldn't be so much stress to get everything done in a day.

I agree that there are several attractions that don't need FP+, but if they were to remove them, their whole system of trying to balance the crowds throughout the park would crumble.

And obviously, you could argue that that means they should have never changed the system at all.

I'd argue that there should be no FP at all.

But with the system as it is now, my wife and I love it. We apparently are among a minority of locals that do, because I've been assured here that it is a terrible system for locals.

But, I love having a plan, knowing we can show up after work and hop on at least 3 headliners with ease. And all it usually takes is 1 days notice for that convenience, most often same day is fine unless it's a holiday week.

As far as TDO's hopes of keeping us in the park longer and spending more ... That has failed miserably.

BrianLo

1. Peter Pan and Pooh as vanilla C-tickets instead of grand E-tickets

2. Budget cuts for Lost World Rapids (the original headliner)

3. Buzz likely being the same as what we have elsewhere, rather than a high-caliber D/E.

Can you point me to where those three things were discussed? I don't doubt they could be true, but I was under the impression Pan and Buzz were both different and Pooh we aren't really sure what they are doing exactly.

I'm also not sure why the impression is Lost World Rapids had its budget cut. It's looking like a longer, more lavish version of Grizzly River Run with a sizeable show building...

Shanghai just feels extremely half-baked. And that doesn't even go into all of the unnecessary Iger/Shanghai controversy...

Your list of criticisms seems to boil down to "every ride is not an E-ticket".

The Shanghai menu is more complete than any park Disney has opened since likely Paris, if not Epcot. Yes, even Tokyo Disney Sea, from a sheer menu standpoint, topped out at 4 E-tickets, 2 D-tickets, Aquatopia, 5 off the shelf kid attractions, 4 shows, 2 transit options and gondolas. History shows that park certainly got off to a good start.

Unless your expectation was they were going to open a built-out park ala the 60 year old Disneyland, it's not exactly half-baked. There is plenty of space of expansion - of course, that was supposed to be what the 800 million was for...

As far as what isn't there like Star Wars, Marvel, etc. Keep in mind this is a park very rooted in 2008-2010 when planning occurred. Predating things like the Marvel and certainly LucasFilms aquisitions. That's why we are seeing Tron and not Iron Man...

doctornick

Suicide Squad>Civil War. A trailer for Civil War though could easily change mind. 2016 is going to be a great year for comic fans

I'm intrigued by Suicide Squad, but it could go many different directions. I personally think it's a mistake releasing it so early in the DCCU schedule -- with such a large cast, with many of the characters relatively unknown to the general public, I feel like there's going to have to be a lot of time introducing everyone and getting people to care about them on some level. I feel like it would work better if a few of the villains were introduced in "hero" films first and then put into limelight in Suicide Squad.

Love the idea of a villains centered film though.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

SJFPKT

Subscribers are down, but ESPN is uniquely positioned from an advertising revenue perspective. Live Sports are the only content out there that's relatively immune from DVR, on demand, and Netflix. If Cable falls, ESPN will fall the least, not the most.

I agree but with all the rights they have purchased, they start every fiscal year about 6 billion in the hole. It could be bad to be extended that much.

PhotoDave219

I don't know how many of you out there read this website, but it is an interesting take on ESPN

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo.../is-espn-a-giant-bubble-about-to-burst-071215

Well, first off its a piece hosted by Fox Sports against their primary competitor. (Pro Tip to FoxSports1: NBC Sports Network is your competitor. ESPN is your daddy.)

However, they point out a dangerous trend..... But since the only reason NOT to cut the cable cord is sports, Comcast and Time Warner have as much to lose as Disney does. Meaning if this bubble bursts and ESPN loses customers, so does Comcast & Time Warner, since those are the carriers.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom