A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrianLo

Ahh!!! Additional info from the press release - last minute replacement of Toy Story!!!

Nearby Tomorrowland will be two experiences created especially for Shanghai Disneyland – Star Wars Launch Bay and Marvel Universe. In a celebration of the Star Wars Galaxy, guests will meet heroes and villains of the saga, visit iconic intergalactic set-pieces, view props and memorabilia from the most recent Episode, and be immersed in the Skywalker story through a state-of-the-art cinematic experience. In Marvel Universe, guests attend a multimedia mission briefing on the world of Marvel, get up-close with some popular Marvel Super Heroes and take on the role of comic book artist as they learn to draw some favorite characters.

PhotoDave219

biwdw293847.jpg

What the heck happened to his right pinkie? Lost in some weird photoshopping accident?

I believe he lost that during a playtime accident with Willow.

the.dreamfinder

Ahh!!! Additional info from the press release - last minute replacement of Toy Story!!!

Nearby Tomorrowland will be two experiences created especially for Shanghai Disneyland – Star Wars Launch Bay and Marvel Universe. In a celebration of the Star Wars Galaxy, guests will meet heroes and villains of the saga, visit iconic intergalactic set-pieces, view props and memorabilia from the most recent Episode, and be immersed in the Skywalker story through a state-of-the-art cinematic experience. In Marvel Universe, guests attend a multimedia mission briefing on the world of Marvel, get up-close with some popular Marvel Super Heroes and take on the role of comic book artist as they learn to draw some favorite characters.
I wonder if that's just a plussed up clone of what Disneyland is getting for Innoventions?

Rodan75

Exactly. Plus they're so intertwined with Comcast, they both have a lot to loose.

Where this is really going is a brutal price war. Cable has convinced the country that it is ESPNs fault they are charging so much. As soon as ESPN bursts that bubble by going direct to consumer, suddenly the cable prices will drop dramatically. Cable companies are managed with so much waste and they still make tons of margin.

WDWdream97

Sounds like it will be the first area to go in expansion.

BrianLo

I wonder if that's just a plussed up clone of what Disneyland is getting for Innoventions?

Perhaps. This probably went into the planning stages last year with the new spending. Sounds like a temporary thing and note that they are lumping it into tomorrowland. Visible signs of construction are both evident, there were two unknown buildings that have popped up in the last 6 months in the Southern portion of the old TSPL plot.

Positives -

1. Toy Story Playland is definitely canned

2. This actually gives me some semblance of hope that 800 million 'phase two' will lead to something.

We knew from the second they announced it expecting additional E-tickets at opening was unrealistic/impossible. Disney just simply doesn't build that quickly. Additional attractions for 2017/2018 though? Maybe not as hopeless as I would have said a few hours ago.

BrianLo

Wait isn't that Tick Tock from Peter Pan...so i guess their peter pan ride is a rapids raft?

No, it's assuredly for Adventure Isle.

Now I can actually cite something...

Adventure Isle will immerse guests in a newly discovered lost world, filled with hidden treasures. The mighty Roaring Mountain will tower over guests and they may blaze their own trails at Camp Discovery, travel around the world on Soaring over the Horizon or embark on the thrilling rafting adventure through the heart of Adventure Isle on Roaring Rapids.

• Adventure Isle, a mysterious land, with an ancient legend about a native tribe, a giant, reptilian creature, and the mighty Roaring Mountain.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OK, no Minions for me. I've been convinced it's a children's film and one I can view on a flight. So, it's getting a skip from me. I'm sure most UNI fanbois will use it 'prove' my 'hate' for their beloved company.

It was fun but much of the charm of the Minions is their interaction with Gru and the Goils, Very much a movie one can catch inflight without missing much.

GeneralZod

I love comics. I love Batman.

I rather despise Zac Snyder and I don't like the direction he seems to be taking this.

The people behind the DC Cinematic Universe dont seem to know what theyre doing.
I definitely don't agree, but to each their own. I do feel that it is a little early to base their entire cinematic universe off one single movie and two early trailers though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom