A Spirited Perfect Ten

Nemo14

Not sure if it's been asked, and I can't really make it out with 100% certainty from this photo, but is that a no cameras sign on the front of the store?
201505191051458722.jpg

What are they afraid of?
Meg?...maybe Willow? :D

ItlngrlBella

We bought one of these (like you, used) for my son's circus-themed birthday party last summer. We get all our supplies (kernels, Flavacol, oil, and boxes) at Gordon Food Service. The popcorn tastes sooo much better, and the pricing is so much cheaper than buying the packets. You can adjust the amounts of oil and flavacol, too, to suit your tastes.
I never thought to check there! Thanks! I've been buying online but there is a Gordon's around the corner (their Midwest distribution warehouse is around the corner too). Thanks!

ItlngrlBella

Their HQ is 4 miles from my house.

Where are you at? I'm in the extreme southeastern corner of WI. It's the capital for grocery distribution warehouses: Gordon, Meijer, Roundy's Allied Foods, all have their distribution centers in our town.

If the zombie apocalypse ever comes - I know where we need to camp out! Sustinence! :)

Section106

WDW should apply some Disney magic to Autotopia and teach kids about renewable energy and its application in the real world. I don't know if Google and Disney would collaborate but their new driverless technology could be employed for a portion of the track. There could be a solar panel farm, a windmill farm, or examples of each incorporated in a town that you drive through. Maybe loading area could be in a simulated hydro-electric dam? The cars could have audio that explains the features of the car, the different sources of renewable energy as they pass by. The driverless tech could change routes. There could be a portion of the track that demonstrates the speed possible in an electric car. The possibilities are endless.

Mike S

WDW should apply some Disney magic to Autotopia and teach kids about renewable energy and its application in the real world. I don't know if Google and Disney would collaborate but their new driverless technology could be employed for a portion of the track. There could be a solar panel farm, a windmill farm, or examples of each incorporated in a town that you drive through. Maybe loading area could be in a simulated hydro-electric dam? The cars could have audio that explains the features of the car, the different sources of renewable energy as they pass by. The driverless tech could change routes. There could be a portion of the track that demonstrates the speed possible in an electric car. The possibilities are endless.
Or get Tesla as a sponsor and then with the help of sponsorship money convert to electric and add some interesting scenery.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
A shame about your rides on MM. I'd kill just to ride the thing at this point. I watched them building it. I want to ride it! ... and weird about that and PhilharMagic. I've never had show quality issues at that park. Ever.
I bolded that one statement for you. So I have to ask why you seem to completely dismiss my posts that state that I have not had certain problems that other people have experienced, ever, but now you have just stated that you have not EVER experienced the issues that he has brought up. Surely he can't be telling the truth, since you have never experienced the problems? I guess it's all with who is doing the posting in your mind. Thanks for being fair and reasonable.

Bairstow

Themeparx has some pretty good Shanghai construction photos

http://www.themeparx.com/shanghai-disneyland/

So what happens exactly if TWDC and the Chinese Government have a complete falling out? Would China just claim breach of contact, take control of the park, and give it to a third party to run and operate as they see fit?

That would be really hilarious, and Disney would have no recourse, right?

Mike S

That seems to be a running trend with some things. Reading OU the opening of some kind of Raptor show/M&G is pretty imminent and Universal has said nothing about it. There's been construction for a while now and someone heard them testing the Raptor sounds recently. If this was Disney it would be hyped to high heaven as some great new experience on the DPB.
Here's video of what I mentioned in this post. I also made a thread in the Universal section.

lazyboy97o

So what happens exactly if TWDC and the Chinese Government have a complete falling out? Would China just claim breach of contact, take control of the park, and give it to a third party to run and operate as they see fit?

That would be really hilarious, and Disney would have no recourse, right?
China wants off Special 301. Taking the park would mean a lot of work changing content. That's 20 years of work being tossed out.

Goofyernmost

I thought 5 year olds got more enjoyment out of a cardboard box.:p
Which is exactly the point. A five year old still has an imagination and uses it. I think that they even enjoy that more then a boatload of manufactured images. It isn't the only thing that a kid enjoys about WDW, but, in many ways they are just along for the ride. I think that they enjoy letting their minds create the story.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The electric cars at HKDL have a very cool onboard audio that plays a futuristic, space ship sound put-put engine noise (hard to describe). The YouTube ride videos don't really do it justice, but it fits very well with the futuristic look of the cars (that actually fit with Tomorrowland).
That is a change that I could wholeheartedly support. As kids we didn't put baseball card in our spokes for nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom