A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Where do you find that "mediocre" food you speak of? My last food at WDW would need to greatly improve to meet that standard. Admittedly that meal was a long time ago so maybe it was not as bad as I remember. ;)
I suppose it depends.. I only had 2 or 5 meals in my whole full stays.

4 of them at WDW, 1 on DCL which was rectified instantly by the crew.
but others have said nightmares.. and I never went to WDW on "top" crowded days (the only time did, on president's day.. I only ate QS).

UpAllNight

So just done a day in each of the parks, and overall I feel a bit disheartened. It was my first visit in years and I just felt more stressed than I've ever felt at a theme park.

Magic Kingdom too busy- Wishes being the biggest joke

Epcot - Dated, barely changed since my last visit. Very unimpressed by soarin. And to be honest the place was quite boring.

Studios - Busy with it being star wars weekends. Not a lot of rides STILL. However TOT, Fantasmic, Rock N Rollercoaster and Midway Mania were redeaming factors. Star wars fireworks really good too.

Animal Kingdom - Great Park...nothing to do when it rains. Four or five rides from being amazing.

General likes - Castmembers were generally excellent.

Dislikes - Having to plan what I want to eat well in advance. The merchandise... similar / the same everywhere. Lack of new things to do in the 13 years since I last went. The ride wait times stated were so wrong it was obscene. 40 minutes for Kali we left the que after 50 only half way round. This happened atleast once a day. They're also not great at telling you what's happening when something goes wrong; weather closed BTM and we were on final ramp in thw que we couldnt hear a thing about what was happening because of the damned music.

PhotoDave219

So...... Anyone wanna talk crowd size? Dear lord, crowds are up.

I wanna give this more thought and look at the numbers at the beginning of next month but HOLY COW. The resort be hoppin mad, yo. MK is riding a week+ straight of peak crowds.... and well if you o back to Memorial Day Weekend, the observed Data says one 5, one 6 and one 7. Take those out and its 3 solid weeks of peak crowds compared to last year when they had one peak day over the same time period. (And one of those three days were Rain). Past two years show a lot of above average crowds but not the Peak numbers they're showing. All parks are performing like crazy.

So when the resort has been busy? Its been insanely busy. For example, all of last year there were a total of 43 peak crowd days, or 11% of the time. This year? 36 or 22% of the year thus far. Seems to be shaping up a bit more like 2013's crowd distribution in the long term tho. Less average crowds, more peak days. Tho I would stake money we wont see a slow day until September.

So for those about to experience Disney World, I salute you - The nearest Publix Liquors is at 192 & 535.

Last edited:

asianway

EPCOT question ( which has been covered in the past. We know it's been bad shape, needs TLC big time and has so much potential. Future world needs the most help. They could start with the East side by replacing Ellen's Energy with something that doesn't take 45 minutes to ride. Second, turn the festival Center back into an attraction, third - move something good into Innoventions. West side - looks like the Inside out movie might be a hit ( better than Tomorrowland ). That may end up in Imagination. If disney did something with EPCOT, it would help take pressure off the MK. I'm pleased with what they are doing with DAK. Hopefully SW land comes in the new ten years.
There's nothing wrong with a 45 min ride if it's good

Quinnmac000

Universal Pictures just shattered another record this year. For the second time it is 103-year history, Universal Pictures International — fueled by box office champs Fast & Furious 7, Fifty Shades of Grey, Pitch Perfect 2, and yesterday’s opening of Jurassic World, has crossed $2 billion at the international box office, the fastest that any studio has reached this milestone.

I"m actually shocked it wasn't Disney who made this accomplishment.

I know Disney is trying to break into the international market more so than not but I think they are failing by attempting to cater to a certain crowd than just making a great film.

michmousefan

Interesting article by the Post.
It's been mentioned already... but what's more impressive is the space it currently occupies on the home page. Lots of pixie dusters commenting on the article, though.
wp front.jpg

Goofyernmost

This mentality is certainly evident in the move to monetize character meets! I can't meet a character without paying for a dining experience, burning a FP+ or waiting for an hour in line!
That just makes me so happy to be the type of person that doesn't give a rats behind if I ever see a college student dressed up like a cartoon character. So I will never compete with you for that place in line.

@magicdisneypass

That just makes me so happy to be the type of person that doesn't give a rats behind if I ever see a college student dressed up like a cartoon character. So I will never compete with you for that place in line.
My point was more toward the fact that Disney is really leveraging everything they have to try and squeeze out the low cost options for the park....

Goofyernmost

My point was more toward the fact that Disney is really leveraging everything they have to try and squeeze out the low cost options for the park....
I know, I wasn't doing anymore then expressing my opinion of M&G's. Not judging those that do like them. Sorry if it came across that way. I'm just happy that I don't have to worry about all that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom