A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This line from the article tells you most of what you need to know about the Chinese crackdown on corruption:

"portrayed simply as a blow against corruption, Zhou's sentencing removes a potential challenge to Xi's authority and has been widely perceived as reflecting factional politics within the ruling party's uppermost echelon."

Yep in China the only bad corruption is the corruption your faction is not benefiting from...

Cesar R M

Looks like a typical Chinese hotel lobby (I'm not kidding). Hopefully it won't smell like one. I can't stand the overpowering scents they pump into the hotel lobbies in China.
Interestingly, I get the DCL vibe from watching the concept artwork.

big towering windows, arches, pillars...

I thought the sun was too hot for the Grey's...

if Guidos can handle that awful overdone sun tanning, then the greys can handle a little sun :hilarious:

Iwerks64

over in Davos the financial elite at the so called 'Bilderberg' conference are discussing making cash illegal and limiting the amount of money individuals can withdraw from their accounts, Some of you may have notice that Chase already is DOING that.

Do you mean the World Economic Forum annual meeting? That was in Davos in January. The Bilderberg meeting (not really "so called", that's what it is) starts today in Telfs-Buchen, Austria. It's not a financial forum, elite from many areas will attend. The agenda covers a variety of subjects. But it is super secret and that's all I'm allowed to tell you. ;)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I would like to - but honestly lack the real patience for it (or space and funds to do what I'd really want!). I have my 8x4 table setup with the HO sets I had as a child that we'd setup every holiday but its in a jumbled state. When I got this house and had room for it, I was put off by the lack of animated pieces out today that I used to love so much as a kid (lots of TYCO stuff, etc). I also have my father's original lionel O stuff which I've spent some time getting running again... including this Texas Special Loco that needing refurb'ing to get running again. I made this video for my uncles so they could relive their childhood memories where they used to setup their train table on christmas eve

I have no idea why this reminds me of the Antman movie lol.

Cesar R M

What's NOT funny about this is the majority of 'Muricans are not even AWARE of the Securities and Exchange Commission. SEC to them as you say 'SE Conference"... Scary, Just Scary
I honestly find it worse about the rumors that many ultra corporations are uniting themselves in a way to skip and pretty much bypass the countries's laws or taxes.
pretty much taking over small nations for their own personal interests.

Mike S

This thread is odd, there is some really interesting news and rumors mixed in with 90% complete junk (sometimes it feels intentional).

Things like China, various news bits. Such as a company that seems to be loving the idea of nominee real estate transactions now taking advantage of the new "Franchise focus", and slow timelines, cuts, and general low build out with indecision by committee, of another company for ongoing creative brain drain. (Baxter consulting on 3rd uni park) Or randomly the best sandwich at earl or photos of toys. It's all a mish mash.
So let me get this straight. Tony Baxter, the guy of Big Thunder Mountain, original Imagination, Splash Mountain, Disneyland Paris, and Indiana Jones Adventure fame, is working with Universal on their third park (I assume the real one and not Volcano Bay, yes)?
swanson-dance.gif

I remember the first time visiting it, and thought it made my home park (Six Flags Great America) look like Disneyland in comparison!
Seeing that park made me wonder why MK is considered "ghetto." It has plenty of problems, sure, but "ghetto?" No, that's Six Flags Great Adventure.
Whenever I want to go to an amusement park, it's either Six Flags or Hersheypark. Then I remember Hersheypark is a much longer drive than Great Adventure and get :(.
Worth the ride though, I need to make my way back there soon.
I'll be heading to Hersheypark as well sometime during my current trip up north ;)
On a lighter note... looks like Bruce from Finding Nemo was spotted...
https://www.facebook.com/djreminisemusic/videos/10152972275603869/
They're gonna need a bigger boat.........

Awesome.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I honestly find it worse about the rumors that many ultra corporations are uniting themselves in a way to skip and pretty much bypass the countries's laws or taxes.
pretty much taking over small nations for their own personal interests.

It is not anything new. Religions have done this throughout history. True empire building was done this way as well.

*1023*

BrianLo

or what the company will be building based on Star Wars on both coasts or Marvel in Anaheim

Anymore commentary on Marvel in Anaheim? You've casually dropped that a few times now. Is it essentially still what Mice Age talked about? Also, what sort of timeline are we roughly talking?

In exchange for my abundance of queries, I had a birds-eye view of the remaining Timon parking lot, nothing to see yet.

18090049803_2be300ef69_b.jpg

PhotoDave219

Anymore commentary on Marvel in Anaheim? You've casually dropped that a few times now. Is it essentially still what Mice Age talked about? Also, what sort of timeline are we roughly talking?

In exchange for my abundance of queries, I had a birds-eye view of the remaining Timon parking lot, nothing to see yet.

For Orlando, we're still looking at 2021

asianway

That's a good looking oil drum. Maybe they'll get Catastrophe Canyon?

fosse76

Gotta say I really enjoyed the safari. Bison, Lions, Tigers, Bears, and even Kangaroos (and more). Doesn't touch the theming of Kilamanjaro but animal wise it's pretty great.
I was a little surprised that they didn't make any attempt to theme the animal enclosures. They built new roads, but left old ones in place. I know a lot of people on this board like to bash Six Flags and Cedar Fair, but the reality is that these are parks that build rides that do not need to be themed. It doesn't make them any less exciting, and many of them are just as innovative (thou. With only six months at most of actual income, that money would be seen as wasteful spending. A significant number of rides and attractions at Disney wouldn't be worth anyone's time without the theming.
EXACTLY, Journalists want to be invited to the 'A-List' events in large part they have forgotten that their role is to be about as welcome as fire ants at a picnic and INFORM the public,

So journalists are NOT going to report on things that show BIG MEDIA companies in a bad light or their 'access' will be pulled and they will not get the red carpet treatment and 'exclusives' with the Glitterati
I'll give you a real-life example. Hedy Weiss, a theater critic at the Chicago Sun-Times, gave a very negative (and quite frankly, bizarre) review of the national tour of Wicked (just prior to its sit-down engagement). She referred to the composer and director as a self-loathing Jewish people. She was pretty derogatory in other aspects of her review (I remember her review of Miss Saigon, which was simply an anti-France tirade on her part). Well, she was not permitted in the theater to review the sit-down Chicago cast when it opened 7 weeks later; and the same producer prohibited her from attending a press event to announce a sit-down production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (as well as refusing her press credentials for the press opening). So she effectively lost all access to this particular producer's properties.

In this case, I don't think Disney offered Frozenstrom with the promise of an exclusive on China if the time comes; but rather they offered Frozenstrom and a threat denying access to anything else. Ever again. Journalists these days are in fear for their jobs, and most will do anything to keep their bread-and-butter sources.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom