A Spirited Perfect Ten

Frankie The Beer

Speaking of some Marvel news, I for one am a little disturbed at how Marvel just basically threw the whole X-Men franchise into the crapper. These were huge characters who carried the Marvel brand for decades and apparently because Disney does not own the film rights to the characters, its becoming obvious Marvel is sabotaging the characters in the comic/tv/film medium. Its a shame to, I grew up with those characters and can remember some incredible stories told with them. I hope Disney wakes up and realizes what they have there.

End rant.

Shaman

OHHHHHHHH.

Don't start that marvel/universal/DHS crap. Do you have any idea how long it took to drift that other thread?

But, but...what about Guardians of the Galaxy! :cautious:

Star Wars needs a better presence...and not in the Disney traditional meet and greet kind of way either. I'm not sure parading character look-alikes on stage for the fireworks is healthy for the brand. It's everything Star Wars fans are afraid Disney would and will do....

We need a Star Wars Land at WDW, yesterday. Please. :(

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was a little surprised that they didn't make any attempt to theme the animal enclosures. They built new roads, but left old ones in place. I know a lot of people on this board like to bash Six Flags and Cedar Fair, but the reality is that these are parks that build rides that do not need to be themed. It doesn't make them any less exciting, and many of them are just as innovative (thou. With only six months at most of actual income, that money would be seen as wasteful spending. A significant number of rides and attractions at Disney wouldn't be worth anyone's time without the theming.

I'll give you a real-life example. Hedy Weiss, a theater critic at the Chicago Sun-Times, gave a very negative (and quite frankly, bizarre) review of the national tour of Wicked (just prior to its sit-down engagement). She referred to the composer and director as a self-loathing Jewish people. She was pretty derogatory in other aspects of her review (I remember her review of Miss Saigon, which was simply an anti-France tirade on her part). Well, she was not permitted in the theater to review the sit-down Chicago cast when it opened 7 weeks later; and the same producer prohibited her from attending a press event to announce a sit-down production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (as well as refusing her press credentials for the press opening). So she effectively lost all access to this particular producer's properties.

In this case, I don't think Disney offered Frozenstrom with the promise of an exclusive on China if the time comes; but rather they offered Frozenstrom and a threat denying access to anything else. Ever again. Journalists these days are in fear for their jobs, and most will do anything to keep their bread-and-butter sources.

A Journalists JOB is to be about as welcome as ants at a picnic, NOT to be spoon fed tidbids by corporate PR and in the case of that review I think it showed that she was unsuited to be a critic as she did not criticize the production she criticized the producer's ancestry for which I hope he sued for.

Shaman

I just thought he was obscure enough like GotG. Admittedly I don't know much about every single character. Plus I think there was some conversation about it before.

End of Marvel discussion*

What about Inhumans? Or does the SHIELD connection now disqualify them? I don't know much about the comics either.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I honestly find it worse about the rumors that many ultra corporations are uniting themselves in a way to skip and pretty much bypass the countries's laws or taxes.
pretty much taking over small nations for their own personal interests.

The same mechanism is at play here DISTRACT the population of the country from the REAL issues with stuff like Sports and the Kardashians, Duggars et. al.

BrianLo

Noooooo, Anaheim people!

I shall now refer to it as the IP that must not be named, lest it lead to thread drift related to contractual obligations and DHS for the thousandth time.

Anaheim, Anaheim, Anaheim. Timon parking lot. California.

Still a coaster related to a man made from metal? Pre- during-or post- Anaheim's 2019-2020ish Star Wars build out.

I hope Cali takes the Tokyo route and does two major expansions close in time to one another to properly spread crowds.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Do you mean the World Economic Forum annual meeting? That was in Davos in January. The Bilderberg meeting (not really "so called", that's what it is) starts today in Telfs-Buchen, Austria. It's not a financial forum, elite from many areas will attend. The agenda covers a variety of subjects. But it is super secret and that's all I'm allowed to tell you. ;)

Thanks for correction, Also at the Bilderberg meeting they are jamming all the cellphones for miles around, Nuke it from orbit it's the only way...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But, but...what about Guardians of the Galaxy! :cautious:

Star Wars needs a better presence...and not in the Disney traditional meet and greet kind of way either. I'm not sure parading character look-alikes on stage for the fireworks is healthy for the brand. It's everything Star Wars fans are afraid Disney would and will do....

We need a Star Wars Land at WDW, yesterday. Please. :(

Never gonna happen with Iger and his igerbots in charge

Mike S

What about Inhumans? Or does the Shield connection now disqualify them? I don't know much about the comics either.
I don't know. Once again I was basing it off obscurity. The only definites we have are BH6 because of the M&G and GotG since it's included in the new ending montage of the Great Movie Ride. The way WDW is currently run I don't expect them to capitalize on the fact they can use those characters any time soon which is a real shame.

Real end of Marvel discussion*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom