A Spirited Perfect Ten

flynnibus

Premium Member
You know, I ordered REELS of 5050s to replace my outdoor Christmas light displays on the house... I am going to use the same show controller (Brookshire VSA) as I do for AA's .... I will finally win the neighborhood light war... It will only take HOURS of work out side...

*1023*

Sweet - I'm too lazy for mass decoration. Xmas comes and goes way too fast these days :( :(

WDWFigment

lord.. 200 points in the last 5hrs.. and really nothing was said. That was after skipping 10 pages or so this afternoon. What a waste..

Here's what I did while you all were stroking...

Toy pr0n... cabinet upgrade
IMG_2232.jpg

Added value today.. what did you do? :)

That looks awesome. Really nice job. I would love a display like that--sadly everything I have that could be displayed like that is relegated to boxes. :(

flynnibus

Premium Member
That looks awesome. Really nice job. I would love a display like that--sadly everything I have that could be displayed like that is relegated to boxes. :(

Next upgrade will be a platform to raise them higher. That's the bad thing about the internet.. you see things other people have and you convince yourself you must have it too :) Maybe WDWMagic needs a 'toys' thread where we can geek over our adult splurges

Magenta Panther

lord.. 200 points in the last 5hrs.. and really nothing was said. That was after skipping 10 pages or so this afternoon. What a waste..

IMG_2232.jpg

That is NEAT.

Me, I worked on fueling schematics related to fighter jets. No, it's really not that fun 'cause government. Trust me. :p

Cesar R M

I find I lose creative juices when I go off looking for expressive MEMEs... I like to paint a "word picture"....

Call me Barney Stinson....

*1023*

P.S... Really I am more like Ted....
could be worse.. like losing neurones to the Kardasians or Paris Hilton.

Cesar R M

IMG_2232.jpg

busy recovering in a recovery center..from painful pulled ligaments on my achilles and heel. nothing fancy :/

You know, I ordered REELS of 5050s to replace my outdoor Christmas light displays on the house... I am going to use the same show controller (Brookshire VSA) as I do for AA's .... I will finally win the neighborhood light war... It will only take HOURS of work out side...

*1023*
you know something is wrong when christmas converts into a contest of who has the biggest meaniest lights.. the biggest meanest figurines, the biggest meanest snowman or the biggest meanest new toy o_O

Cesar R M

Next upgrade will be a platform to raise them higher. That's the bad thing about the internet.. you see things other people have and you convince yourself you must have it too :) Maybe WDWMagic needs a 'toys' thread where we can geek over our adult splurges
Well, I feel definitively outgunned. I only have a few "manly" figurines. Like a King Kazma Figma figure and a Garrus Vakarian from Play arts Kai (and some rare japanese toys).

PhotoDave219

busy recovering in a recovery center..from painful pulled ligaments on my achilles and heel. nothing fancy :/

you know something is wrong when christmas converts into a contest of who has the biggest meaniest lights.. the biggest meanest figurines, the biggest meanest snowman or the biggest meanest new toy o_O

I think he's talking about turning his house into a Christmas light show, similar to Spectical.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can I please ask once again that we remain civil to each other, and stop with the back and forth accusations and insults. It doesn't add to the conversation, and simply clutters up an already crowded thread. Some of the discussion needs to be taken to private conversations, or just needs to stop completely.

Please consider what you are posting and the tone and language that is being used.

I am also seeing an increase in the use of inappropriate language being used and attempts to bypass language filters. As a reminder, replacing a couple of characters with *#$ does not change the intent of a word and is still classed as inappropriate.

Please read the Terms and Rules if you are unaware of what is acceptable.

Thanks.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

IMG_2232.jpg

Calibrated some instruments and redesigned a test bed :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nope - custom install from 3528 strips. Wanted a bit more control over the wiring and install details. Plus, I'm a sucker for things I should be able to do and convince myself it's cheaper. Probably wasted $20 in 'wrong direction' stuff... but final product is $8 in LEDs, ~$6 in connectors, a $6 remote, and a $10 transformer.. ironically the most expensive component to source? simple wire!!! I had some left from my model trains, but need to get more for the second cabinet. Just ordered the second reel of LEDs to do the second cabinet this weekend now that I know my formula. Look for a DIY thread on another site in the future ;)

Now back to your regular unscheduled programming :D

Hey @flynnibus you like model trains too?, They have been one of my obsessions since childhood (yes I still have some of my childhood trains, Father has the rest as he has the bug bad too!)

Mike C

This thread is odd, there is some really interesting news and rumors mixed in with 90% complete junk (sometimes it feels intentional).

Things like China, various news bits. Such as a company that seems to be loving the idea of nominee real estate transactions now taking advantage of the new "Franchise focus", and slow timelines, cuts, and general low build out with indecision by committee, of another company for ongoing creative brain drain. (Baxter consulting on 3rd uni park) Or randomly the best sandwich at earl or photos of toys. It's all a mish mash.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom