A Spirited Perfect Ten

Progress.City

So I take it you've ruled out coincidence?
Coincidence? You want to talk coincidence? I've got an outright conspiracy theory that is straight out of the X-Files for you to consider!

First watch this clip:

You know what that is they found there on the moon (circa 2001)? Did you know they also found one behind Mission:Space? Some call them monoliths, but these are no monoliths. They're monorail footers!

Do you think it is merely a coincidence that the one on Earth is located just steps away from Spaceship Earth and behind the SPACE pavilion (of all pavillions)? Do you think it's a coincidence that they found another one on the moon (also in space)? Do you think it's a coincidence that Mission: Space would open a mere two years after the discovery of the monolith on the moon?

These are questions that need answering. It is a conspiracy no doubt. The public needs to know the truth!

gmajew

We are never going to get a story on any of this in my humble opinion until the park opens and fails! The trade publications etc are going to keep listening to the facts ad document everything but until it fails or struggles or does not go off like it should the press is going to sit on the sidelines.

As far as the 800m that is missing or not accounted for if you have that info and know for a fact it was not properly coded in the companies annual report then that issue needs to go to the SEC today. It is a federal crime and one that people will sit in jail for for a long long time.

The rest of the story is Disney being locked in a closet is their bad blood with the partners etc is going to sit and wait until the park opens and it does not work. Otherwise it is a he said she said argument and is never going to be reported on at this stage in my opinion. Not by the WSJ or any other trade publication until they can map it to the failure of the business.

AEfx

Iger has continued many of the worst practices from the Eisner years and the obsession to strip mine characters to death continues to pervade the company. While the sequels may be made in house now under better leadership, the company still wants to make sure it milks every udder until it bleeds. That's not how you keep these characters evergreen, but it's a great way to turn the public against the characters they loved (see Frozen and Cars).

Thank you for that expert analysis.

I don't see endless cheapquels coming out under this administration, er, leadership, and so far only thing about Frozen has milked is a feature film and now a short over a period of several years. The rest has been publicly demanded merchandise that people here complained there wasn't enough of to begin with, and theme park presence which, again, people complained here wasn't done enough to begin with.

And thankfully, they have started to expand the company with brilliant acquisitions like Star Wars and Marvel so the company doesn't need to rely solely on it's traditional stable of characters and doesn't need to "strip mine" them as you so fear.

Travel Junkie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom