A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

sorry, bub. i'm an actual corporate communications professional, so i know how things work in the real world.
I often wonder what most of these Disney defenders do for a living. I bucket it like this:

1.) stay at home spouse who loves to spend their SO money like a drunken sailor. Never did a day of real work on their life.
2.) on govt assistance of some type
3.) works for Disney
4.) has some type of low level hourly job and doesn't understand how the real world works

Am I missing any?

PhotoDave219

Dave, if he is so far off and so crazy, why do you give him such credence to keep going after him?

If I were more cynical I'd think folks were increasing the post/page count here to bury the criticism, as well as all the extreme claims herein.

Because Phil wants it all about himself. Its all about Phil. Its such self-centered attention seeking behavior to trolololololololol all day and all night.

Shaman

I often wonder what most of these Disney defenders do for a living. I bucket it like this:

1.) stay at home spouse who loves to spend their SO money like a drunken sailor. Never did a day of real work on their life.
3.) works for Disney
4.) has some type of low level hourly job and doesn't understand how the real world works

Am I missing any?

And the haters? What do they do? Why are they even posting on a fan site to begin with? To talk about how much better Universal is...even though most people don't care and enjoy both?

ThemeParkJunkee

3.) works for Disney

Am I missing any?

Retired Pensioner with a boatload of DVC points.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And the haters? What do they do? Why are they even posting on a fan site to begin with? To talk about how much better Universal is...even though most people don't care and enjoy both?
The bulk of the vitriol on either side comes from locals, many of which are employees of one or the other company.

Funmeister

So you don't have evidence of this allegedly misappropriated $800M, you don't have evidence that the WDC is giving promotional kickbacks to a reporter to cover this up, so is what you "know for a fact" just of the "Iger is an idiot" variety?

I'm sorry Lee, I respect you and you know that - but it's really time for folks to put up if this drama is going to continue. All this veiled "I know something you don't know" stuff is really getting very, very old. If a select handful of you are so smart and holding such vital information, use it - do something about it.

It does absolutely no good for anyone just to keep making veiled accusations here. WDW1974 has made some stunning allegations - they keep mounting by the day - so his solution was to contact a reporter who regularly covers the WDC and when that didn't work he blamed it on a vast conspiracy to hide this information. First, that was a stupid person to go to and an easy out of "see, they are working against me!" that couldn't have been set up more clearly if he had tried. There are thousands of reporters he could have contacted. So he picked the one most likely to be in the bag for Disney, knowing that a Disney story would come that he could say "SEE!"

I want to believe, that's why I am still posting about it. At this point, I want him to do something. But every ounce of WDW1974's behavior on these boards the past few months has screamed the opposite of the narrative that "the man is just trying to keep him down". If this isn't just full of hot air, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

With all due respect...with everything you are questioning can you provide evidence that proves the opposite?

I mean if I make a statement and you say it is false then I would say it is on you to prove me wrong.

I think it is only fair that some hard evidence is presented from the disagreeing side.

Fair?

AEfx

I often wonder what most of these Disney defenders do for a living.

I don't see any Disney defenders here. I see a bunch of people who have gone absolutely crazy in jumping to conclusions, allegations of a nature getting so extreme about the WDC that they border on criminal, and at least are significant enough to affect the stock price, and a vast conspiracy theory about how Darth Iger is impotent as a leader but some how has this great power to covering this up with free trips to WDW.

It's just pathetic at this point. Every single post like this, pretending anyone who has asked any questions is an idiot, just proves the point even more. It couldn't be more transparent - folks are going along because they don't want to lose those park tidbits that occasionally come. No one is critically thinking about anything, and those that have this "triple-vetted evidence" that is so damning and aren't doing a thing about it but posting about it in this massive thread are not doing their job if indeed this is all true.

I want it to be true, to be honest, just so all these people who are participating in this with these smug little comments about how dumb anyone who doesn't join the Kangaroo Court Jury lock and step aren't really so foolish as they are coming across. A lot of people I've liked and respected have dropped all good sense at this point, and I'd hate to think my judgment in people is so bad.

Mike S

ITA. I would pay the entrance fee just to ride El Toro again. It's THAT good.
I agree. LOVED that ride :)
So many conspiracy theories, where is Jesse Ventura when you need him!

When can we go back to only talking about WDW Park News/Rumors? Not Corporate politics/gossip. Not Universal. Not the abysmal state of the Media, etc.

:cautious:
When there's actually something to talk about. Don't blame us, blame Disney.
Yeah, the pieces all fell into place for me, too. The Wall Street Journal???? Not the Parks Blog, not even one of the many entertainment sites, or theme park blogs, but the Wall Street Journal gets the scoop? That's a suspicious development not even this guy could miss:

futurama-fry_00245293.jpg
Exactly. Something seemed off right from the get go.
But I like both of those so much…
and you cannot lie...
I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.
SPARE HIM HIS LIFE FROM THIS MONSTROSITY!!!

Love that song. I sing along every single time :)

PhotoDave219

I don't see any Disney defenders here. I see a bunch of people who have gone absolutely crazy in jumping to conclusions, allegations of a nature getting so extreme about the WDC that they border on criminal, and at least are significant enough to affect the stock price, and a vast conspiracy theory about how Darth Iger is impotent as a leader but some how has this great power to covering this up with free trips to WDW.

It's just pathetic at this point. Every single post like this, pretending anyone who has asked any questions is an idiot, just proves the point even more. It couldn't be more transparent - folks are going along because they don't want to lose those park tidbits that occasionally come. No one is critically thinking about anything, and those that have this "triple-vetted evidence" that is so damning and aren't doing a thing about it but posting about it in this massive thread are not doing their job if indeed this is all true.

I want it to be true, to be honest, just so all these people who are participating in this with these smug little comments about how dumb anyone who doesn't join the Kangaroo Court Jury lock and step aren't really so foolish as they are coming across. A lot of people I've liked and respected have dropped all good sense at this point, and I'd hate to think my judgment in people is so bad.

No, we're all just sick of Phil.

lazyboy97o

it's not about confirmation. it's all about access. no way the journal is going to alienate disney unless they absolutely have to.

this is likely the course fritz went through:

talked to '74 and others > went to TWDC corporate comms > was told "we're just not going to talk about that, and...off the record...those claims are greatly exaggerated anyway, but what we CAN tell you about as an exlcusive is..."

and all of a sudden the journal has a story with mass appeal, and they file away the sources on the china stuff. it doesn't matter how long it was exclusive for. every single post, including almost every blogger, is linking back to the journal because it's the original sourced report. more clicks = higher ad rates. higher ad rates = more $.
A story as big as alleged would be far more clicks.

3.) works for Disney

Am I missing any?
Yeah, because I'm so full of positive words about Disney. :rolleyes:

AEfx

With all due respect...with everything you are questioning can you provide evidence that proves the opposite?

I mean if I make a statement and you say it is false then I would say it is on you to prove me wrong.

I think it is only fair that some hard evidence is presented from the disagreeing side.

Fair?

What? Seriously?

I'm not trying to PROVE anything. How many times can I say, this may be true? But the evidence - the behavior of the anonymous poster, the lack of clarification of simple points about the origins of the "smoking gun" document, etc., does not lead to a foregone conclusion just because some people hate Bob Iger and they are friendly with WDW1974.

There is a difference between claiming something is false and having a reasonable doubt about some of the massive claims made here and asking for more that innuendo and dismissal.

And like I said - if WDW1974 is so connected with so many powerful people as he has bragged about so often, that jet him around and he has personal access to - why is he bothering trying to convince people here? Why did he spend hours replying to me and others about this instead of contacting those people if this is all such a big deal?

Nice try.

AEfx

But it would require REAL WORK on the part of the so called Journalist, Instead he takes the 'easy' story which promises further 'access'...

And contacting that specific journalist, who regularly writes about the WDC, was the dumbest idea possible - and was set up from the beginning as "Disney will probably buy him off".

People are so blindly loyal it's really disheartening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom