A Spirited Perfect Ten

Phil12

I am of the opinion that there is indeed a connection between the two.

And, yes...Spirit is often short changed.
Who wasn't? Ben Fritz.
It's refreshing that you state it is your opinion. That's far different than categorizing it as irrefutable fact. Please pardon me if I use time to my advantage as evidence becomes available.

AEfx

@AEfx i'm sorry, but you couldn't be more off base on your assessment of the china for frozen trade.

I'm not the one who has made an assessment. I have acknowledged that it's possible it's true. But this Kangaroo Court has tried and convicted without acknowledging any other possibilities.

For people so smart and rational, a plethora of things could be going on - or nothing at all - that story could have been planned weeks ago, maybe not. Maybe it's a vast conspiracy to hide the "truth" that an anonymous message board poster insists is the epic tale of the century. Maybe when looked into, it didn't hold any water.

Given the supreme defensiveness of the anonymous poster who won't even answer the simplest questions about his evidence, and the fact that he has spent hours here yelling at folks like myself arguing the opposite of what his position finally landed on, sorry...the guy has had some great Disney parks tidbits before, but I think he's pretty clearly out of his league on this one and is just spinning wheels at this point.

Given that one can easily check his posting history and find all kinds of claims about who he knows and all the important people he knows (including the family of the previous CEO) and who listen to him, a self-proclaimed "faux 1%er" - again, I have to ask - what's the point of living such a fabulously connected life if you can't find a way to get this major story out, and instead have buried it in a 950-page message board thread?

I'm sorry, the more you guys go on, the more delusional you sound.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day... but I don't trust coincidences."

--Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine "Cardassians"

Garak was one of the best characters on DS9 his best scene was Garak mourning the loss of Cardassia and saying that the Cardassia that was is dead and buried after the Founders attempted genocide of Cardassia prime.

Kind of reminds me what's happened in the US since 9/11 with the neo-cons and other statists turning the news media into a propaganda machine and building a surveillance state that would be the envy of the old East German Stasi

Lee

Adventurer
It's refreshing that you state it is your opinion. That's far different than categorizing it as irrefutable fact. .
There are several aspects of the whole China drama that I can categorize as irrefutable fact.
In the case of Mr. Fritz, I do not possess "evidence" beyond the circumstantial, which is enough for me to form my educated opinion.
Please pardon me if I use time to my advantage as evidence becomes available
Excellent idea. Doing so quietly would be of added benefit, as well.

AEfx

There are several aspects of the whole China drama that I can categorize as irrefutable fact.

Have you contacted the SEC yet? I provided the link to how to report things to them a few pages back, I'll gladly post it again for you if googling "How to Contact the SEC" is too difficult.

Lee

Adventurer
Have you contacted the SEC yet? I provided the link to how to report things to them a few pages back, I'll gladly post it again for you if googling "How to Contact the SEC" is too difficult.
The things I know as fact would be of no interest to the SEC.

PhotoDave219

Phil denies the LA Face with the Oakland booty.

C'Mon Burbank Lurkers, you know what I'm talkin 'bout. Look around, look down the hallways, its right there! Its why Disneyland Princesses are always more fun than WDW.

Edit: Shoutout to the social media teams! Y'all need to bring da noise, PE Style! Flava Flav in the house!

Edit 2: Today's comedy is for you, dawg. Enjoy the spring roll and order out for Chinese!

Goofyernmost

People keep replying to counter-point the nonsense and that drags it down too.

If it's nonsense then it's best to just ignore those users who simply argue everything so that the conversation can continue and the facts can be presented in a semi organized way.
So your saying, anyone with a differing opinion is not welcome to the conversation? If you don't always think that "Spirits" thoughts are the end all, be all, they should stay out of the conversation? If you are unable to say... "I agree", please don't mess up our ego fest? All you want is someone to say... you got that right, there is no other possible reasonable explanation or way of seeing the situation, right or wrong? Agree or take a hike? Seems reasonable.

AEfx

The things I know as fact would be of no interest to the SEC.

So you don't have evidence of this allegedly misappropriated $800M, you don't have evidence that the WDC is giving promotional kickbacks to a reporter to cover this up, so is what you "know for a fact" just of the "Iger is an idiot" variety?

I'm sorry Lee, I respect you and you know that - but it's really time for folks to put up if this drama is going to continue. All this veiled "I know something you don't know" stuff is really getting very, very old. If a select handful of you are so smart and holding such vital information, use it - do something about it.

It does absolutely no good for anyone just to keep making veiled accusations here. WDW1974 has made some stunning allegations - they keep mounting by the day - so his solution was to contact a reporter who regularly covers the WDC and when that didn't work he blamed it on a vast conspiracy to hide this information. First, that was a stupid person to go to and an easy out of "see, they are working against me!" that couldn't have been set up more clearly if he had tried. There are thousands of reporters he could have contacted. So he picked the one most likely to be in the bag for Disney, knowing that a Disney story would come that he could say "SEE!"

I want to believe, that's why I am still posting about it. At this point, I want him to do something. But every ounce of WDW1974's behavior on these boards the past few months has screamed the opposite of the narrative that "the man is just trying to keep him down". If this isn't just full of hot air, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

AEfx

Phil denies the LA Face with the Oakland booty.

Dave, if he is so far off and so crazy, why do you give him such credence to keep going after him?

If I were more cynical I'd think folks were increasing the post/page count here to bury the criticism, as well as all the extreme claims herein.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Spirit approaches his reporting as if he were being held to high journalistic standards.
Bull. If ANY of this was legit and documented, it would be EVERYWHERE, not just on this one message board (no offense to @wdwmagic, who runs a fine site). Mr. Spirit could make absurd sums of money if he were to sell the story to the highest bidder. But no, he wants us to believe that there's not one single enterprising journalist out there willing to bury Disney and make a name for himself because every single one of them has been bought off by Robert A. Iger. Come on, seriously?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom