A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

I remember hoping the Paint The Night Parade would be this bright once it debuted for it's 60th Anniversary. It was like this in Hong Kong Disneyland.

brb1006

How funny would it be if UO came up with a nighttime parade that blew that decrepit one at MK out of the water.
And the parade would feature characters such as Woody Woodpecker and Winnie, Curious George, Dora and Diego, Spongebob, and Dr Seuss parade floats. I'm still wondering how they would pill this off if it ever happened.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Also this isn't the first time Sanrio was featured in a Universal Park. Hello Kitty along with Elmo and Snoopy are the mascots for Universal Studios Japan, and even are featured in their nighttime parade called "Magical Starlight Parade" and it's brighter than Paint The Night. And Magical Starlight came out years before Paint The Night. Don't believe me, look up video footage of the parade. I was expecting Paint The Night to be like this at Disneyland.

I'm so confused right now

baymenxpac

posted for serious amusement only:

a recent interview with WWE superstar (and fellow long island boy) zack ryder about his career yielded this amazing quote:

"There could not have been a better night for Zack Ryder. In the past few months, I wasn't really prominently featured on RAW, so I'm hoping to ride that momentum for a bit. I compare my career to Disney World: at Disney, you'll wait on line for a ride, and some people get that fast pass and go right to the front of that line. I know I don't get the fast pass, so when I get my chance, I'm going to make the most of it."

even the long island iced Z knows fast passes are garbage. WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!

Mike S

Also this isn't the first time Sanrio was featured in a Universal Park. Hello Kitty along with Elmo and Snoopy are the mascots for Universal Studios Japan, and even are featured in their nighttime parade called "Magical Starlight Parade" and it's brighter than Paint The Night. And Magical Starlight came out years before Paint The Night. Don't believe me, look up video footage of the parade. I was expecting Paint The Night to be like this at Disneyland.

If Universal Creative is behind that parade I just have to ask why the one at USF sucks so much? Holy crap :facepalm: Also, Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Cinderella? Surely that's just a HUGE coincidence :rolleyes:

Mike S

I think it is clear we all need to move to Japan. They get all the cool theme park stuff (except, of course, for Frostrom and Tangled toilets).
Nah, I'm good here in Florida for the time being ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A visit to Japan would be great though :)

fosse76

Anyone actually seeing San Andreas? I won't even though I find the Rock to be thoroughly entertaining (is it namedropping if I mention that I have known him too? he is far more interesting than George Kalogridis!)

I saw it. I think it was written as a parody, but when they went to film it they filmed it straight. All I kept thinking about during the film was the Disaster! attraction at Universal, and the phony movie trailer at the end.

tenchikiss

I am a huge Hello Kitty fan but I am not sure the placement of that store is correct for Universal Studios. Isn't the Lucy store in the more...old Hollywood Style part of the park? Unless they theme the store like that, with the Universal Studios only Hello Kitty being dressed like Hollywood Stars. It does seem like both Universal and Disney are borrowing more and more ideas from Japan/Asian parks lately, what with the "new" parade in Disneyland, Tsum Tsums, and now Hello Kitty. Oh and hopefully Pokemon in the Nintendo area.

Mike S

I saw it. I think it was written as a parody, but when they went to film it they filmed it straight. All I kept thinking about during the film was the Disaster! attraction at Universal, and the phony movie trailer at the end.
Nature :hilarious: (Wow, it really blocks out that way of saying "mother?")

Also, I find it a bit humorous that a ride featuring The Rock is rumored to be replaced by another ride featuring The Rock (Disaster! > Fast & Furious).

fosse76

I'm unsure about what they were doing.

My issue with Universal is that their front line guest service and operations are killing all the cool things Universal is doing.
Other than the ridiculousness of the metal detectors, I haven't experience any issues with front line guest services (though I admit some of the attractions employees sound like they plucked out of a street gang).

brb1006

If Universal Creative is behind that parade I just have to ask why the one at USF sucks so much? Holy crap :facepalm: Also, Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Cinderella? Surely that's just a HUGE coincidence :rolleyes:
I agree, the parade at USF was pretty boring since I'm not a fan of dance party parades.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will make way more money in the event of a stock split as an investor in the long run if I continue to hold the stock which I would be forced to do to make more money in the case of a stock split.
So you are saying you will make more money because you will be forced to hold on to the stock until the split is complete? Maybe so, if you assume that the stock price will always go up because of an announced split. That's not always the case in reality.

The split has no impact on the fundamentals of the company or actual earnings.

Magenta Panther

A Hello Kitty store is coming to Uni and might be a replacement for Lucy according to OU.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-hello-kitty-universal-20150608-story.html
Definitely not for people like us, but as I understand it it is popular and does push a lot of merchandise.

AWWWW, I was gonna hit the Lucy store the next time I visit Uni. I hope it doesn't get replaced. Lucille Ball is a true Hollywood legend. Hello Kitty is just a mouthless chibi merchandising legend. Boo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom