A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Couple thoughts....

Oh "Disney Parks" ..... part of the "OneDisney" initiative. Its why I hate marketing people. Behind the scenes? Makes perfect sense to have the same IT and basic HR procedures. But marketing? Thats insane. As barstow said, it was a hairbrained idea and perhaps... just perhaps we have gotten to the point where we push away from it. I will gladly accept the generic, recycled napkins over something that says "Disney Parks" on it. Another example of how an attempt to save money just upsets the fans.

A Lou/Rickey/lifestyler documentary? Well, hope they can fund it. Kickstarter isnt the way. Find someone with a trust fund, get some financing and sell it to NetFlix. The odds of this being anywhere near balanced are zero....

And the Stock. $110/share as the "Dizzznneeeeee is a business" crowd loves to tout, strutting around like a bunch of peacocks thinking they're Mick Jagger wanting to nail that Caitlyn girl in the front row.... One would think that with the current success of the stock, overall growth of the company and all the happy talk inside Glendale that they would have a Summer promotion at WDW. "Frozen Summer Fun Part 2: The Frozening" just doesnt work for me. Although a quick look at Len's observed crowd data, says the parks have been hopping with Studios just getting killed of late. Good problem (Its Busy, more people, yay!) yet bad problem (more revenue, we dont need to actually start construction anytime soon on anything and can keep dragging our feet) But would the stock split before Star Wars? The trailer itself moved the stock price. Think about that just for a second... a 2 minute movie trailer moved the stock price. Has that ever happened before? No. They're going to keep riding this train until it finishes the Kessel Run.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Absolutely not.

This is the basics of a stock split.

Say Disney stock was $100, its more than that but let me explain with easy to understand round numbers. So DIS is $100, and TWC decides to split the stock 4 to 1, meaning for each stock people own now, they will be getting 4 shares after the split, but they will also be lowering the value of the share significantly, so instead of the stock being worth $100 per share, it will now be worth $25 dollars. More or less, usually a little less but these are basics.

Do you see how this benefits the share holder?

So now that I have 4 shares instead of 1, and the four shares are currently worth the same value of that one share, I as an investor can make a significant amount of money if the stock price goes up. If the stock price climbs to $100 dollars a share, I now have $400 instead of the $100. For people with a large portfolio with a lot of Disney stock, or any stock being split, splits are Christmas, especially if the stock has a great future like DIS currently does. Once DIS gets over the $120 dollar range, which will happen, I can't see TWC holding back a split much longer.

TLDR, get a stock before it splits and smile if its DIS.
There's no real benefit to the investor to buying the stock before or after the split. In your example you are just trading a dollar bill for 4 quarters. At the end of the day you still have a buck either way. If the post split $25 stock is going to quadruple to $100 most likely the pre-split $100 stock would have quadrupled to $400 if there was no split. The tangible benefits are negligible. It's more of a psychological action.

For the company a stock split is done to show confidence in the future prospects of the company (a psychological move to signal strength) or possibly to keep the stock price trading at a lower price to attract more investors (small investors) or to keep the price in the range of other industry players. It has no impact on market cap or percent of ownership.

asianway

Couple thoughts....

Oh "Disney Parks" ..... part of the "OneDisney" initiative. Its why I hate marketing people. Behind the scenes? Makes perfect sense to have the same IT and basic HR procedures. But marketing? Thats insane. As barstow said, it was a hairbrained idea and perhaps... just perhaps we have gotten to the point where we push away from it. I will gladly accept the generic, recycled napkins over something that says "Disney Parks" on it. Another example of how an attempt to save money just upsets the fans.

A Lou/Rickey/lifestyler documentary? Well, hope they can fund it. Kickstarter isnt the way. Find someone with a trust fund, get some financing and sell it to NetFlix. The odds of this being anywhere near balanced are zero....

And the Stock. $110/share as the "Dizzznneeeeee is a business" crowd loves to tout, strutting around like a bunch of peacocks thinking they're Mick Jagger wanting to nail that Caitlyn girl in the front row.... One would think that with the current success of the stock, overall growth of the company and all the happy talk inside Glendale that they would have a Summer promotion at WDW. "Frozen Summer Fun Part 2: The Frozening" just doesnt work for me. Although a quick look at Len's observed crowd data, says the parks have been hopping with Studios just getting killed of late. Good problem (Its Busy, more people, yay!) yet bad problem (more revenue, we dont need to actually start construction anytime soon on anything and can keep dragging our feet) But would the stock split before Star Wars? The trailer itself moved the stock price. Think about that just for a second... a 2 minute movie trailer moved the stock price. Has that ever happened before? No. They're going to keep riding this train until it finishes the Kessel Run.
I'd fund the kickstarter if it was really going to get into the mental illness side, but I imagine it will focus on freebies and subculture notoriety

Frankie The Beer

There's no real benefit to the investor to buying the stock before or after the split. In your example you are just trading a dollar bill for 4 quarters. At the end of the day you still have a buck either way. If the post split $25 stock is going to quadruple to $100 most likely the pre-split $100 stock would have quadrupled to $400 if there was no split. The tangible benefits are negligible. It's more of a psychological action.

For the company a stock split is done to show confidence in the future prospects of the company (a psychological move to signal strength) or possibly to keep the stock price trading at a lower price to attract more investors (small investors) or to keep the price in the range of other industry players. It has no impact on market cap or percent of ownership.

I will make way more money in the event of a stock split as an investor in the long run if I continue to hold the stock which I would be forced to do to make more money in the case of a stock split.

twebber55

brb1006

Also this isn't the first time Sanrio was featured in a Universal Park. Hello Kitty along with Elmo and Snoopy are the mascots for Universal Studios Japan, and even are featured in their nighttime parade called "Magical Starlight Parade" and it's brighter than Paint The Night. And Magical Starlight came out years before Paint The Night. Don't believe me, look up video footage of the parade. I was expecting Paint The Night to be like this at Disneyland.

PhotoDave219

Just popped in to say what Dave had hit here. Disney Parks was partly a money saver, partly the concept of Disney as a global conglomerate, rather than separate parks worldwide. It also was the push to purchase items in mass from the same supplier, rather than multiple suppliers.

Well the same supplier is fine. I'm sure they can do 1/2 Disneyland printing and half Walt Disney World

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom