flynnibus

Premium Member
Eh. Ok.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

disneystock.jpg

Seen this one?

ENRNQ-Enron.jpg

Or this one...
GM's stock has been flirting with 1930s-era prices in recent months as a bankruptcy seemed inevitable. The stock touched $1 in intraday trading on May 13, and hasn't closed that low since April 19, 1933. On that date, GM closed at 97 cents, adjusted for splits.

As recently as 2007, the stock was trading above $40 a share. The Detroit-based automaker's stock price peaked on April 28, 2000, when it closed at $93.63. At the time, auto sales were at a record high.

Or some reminders for you...
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/flowchart/2010/08/19/10-great-companies-that-lost-their-edge

Success today does not mean your path is correct... It means you are achieving what you needed yesterday.

By your logic disney should just do nothing... Its been working for them and that should be their strategic vision... And disney should have never gotten out of black & white shorts. Why invest in color when b&w was selling just fine??

And if you only look at the stock price... Youve obviously paid no attention to all the discussion about who is buying stock and its impacts and why they do it. But hey... Keep riding that legacy as long as you need to... Or as long as your money lasts to buy new revenues since you cant dream up any growth of your own. Are people really this dense? You want disney to turn into GE or unilever or tyco??

Last edited:

AEfx

First and last cheese comment from me - since I live in The a Dairy State, I feel I must comment...

...you have to admit that for some reason the title of that thread had to make you laugh - or at least smile. :)

Dang it...why did you have to show me that pic???

I'm going to use all my will power to not go into that Han Solo thread because I know I'll just want to bash my head against the keyboard from fanbois freaking out over one panel in a comic that will likely be resolved in the first panel of the next comic. Especially when it's the dang'dest clever thing ever when you think about it.

I'll put this in spoiler, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the new movie and simply is a panel in a comic that takes place just after the original Star Wars...(@PhotoDave219 safe, really)

In the new issue of the ongoing Star Wars comic (Issue #6) which takes place between ANH and ESB, the last frame is of a very lovely exotic smuggler-looking woman walking out of her ship to greet Han Solo and Princess Leia. She says she's his wife.

FANDOM EXPLODES! DISNEY HAS CRAPPED ON STAR WARS! HAN IS NOW A SCOUNDREL!

Oh...wait a minute. We knew he was a smuggler, we knew he was a scoundrel, we knew he had a past...but they took the least developed of the main characters, gave him what looks like a neat twist, which could turn out to be a scam gone bad, or someone he was forced to marry, etc. that will be neatly tied up and not matter a bit in terms of overall continuity since the NewLucasfilm is being so stringent about it.

Yet the fans are crying about how he "romanced" Leia while married - last I checked, they couldn't even stand each other in Star Wars, and didn't even kiss until ESB, yet fandom is raging like nothing I've seen in a long time because he might have been married when he met Leia. Considering the comic will have it resolved before they ever even get to ESB, and I'm pretty sure they didn't do it until after ROJ, I think all is safe.

Reminds me SO much of Game of Thrones...folks can ignore everything else that goes on, the worst most vile things imaginable, but one scene that makes them personally uncomfortable suddenly is the "worst thing ever on television" because they don't understand that what happened in the scene hasn't even been illegal for more than a couple of decades in the real world, much less is the most vile thing ever put to film.

IMG_0807.0.jpg

Cesar R M

Flashbacks! Flashbacks!!

*shaking on the floor in a corner - in a fetal position* :eek:

@Nubs70 - stop with that statistical crazy talk! I am having flashbacks to my college stats class. :arghh:
triggered.jpg

Even when things are broken in Orlando they still don't fix em'. One thing is going on 10 years now.........

what a low blow!

Almost as bad as the Yeti's current status.. oh wait it is!

ItlngrlBella

Dang it...why did you have to show me that pic???

I'm going to use all my will power to not go into that Han Solo thread because I know I'll just want to bash my head against the keyboard from fanbois freaking out over one panel in a comic that will likely be resolved in the first panel of the next comic. Especially when it's the dang'dest clever thing ever when you think about it.

I'll put this in spoiler, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the new movie and simply is a panel in a comic that takes place just after the original Star Wars...(@PhotoDave219 safe, really)

In the new issue of the ongoing Star Wars comic (Issue #6) which takes place between ANH and ESB, the last frame is of a very lovely exotic smuggler-looking woman walking out of her ship to greet Han Solo and Princess Leia. She says she's his wife.

FANDOM EXPLODES! DISNEY HAS CRAPPED ON STAR WARS! HAN IS NOW A SCOUNDREL!

Oh...wait a minute. We knew he was a smuggler, we knew he was a scoundrel, we knew he had a past...but they took the least developed of the main characters, gave him what looks like a neat twist, which could turn out to be a scam gone bad, or someone he was forced to marry, etc. that will be neatly tied up and not matter a bit in terms of overall continuity since the NewLucasfilm is being so stringent about it.

Yet the fans are crying about how he "romanced" Leia while married - last I checked, they couldn't even stand each other in Star Wars, and didn't even kiss until ESB, yet fandom is raging like nothing I've seen in a long time because he might have been married when he met Leia. Considering the comic will have it resolved before they ever even get to ESB, and I'm pretty sure they didn't do it until after ROJ, I think all is safe.

Reminds me SO much of Game of Thrones...folks can ignore everything else that goes on, the worst most vile things imaginable, but one scene that makes them personally uncomfortable suddenly is the "worst thing ever on television" because they don't understand that what happened in the scene hasn't even been illegal for more than a couple of decades in the real world, much less is the most vile thing ever put to film.

IMG_0807.0.jpg

@PhotoDave219 DO. NOT. CLICK.
It's a big spoiler (yet good one). I like spoilers but I too don't think this will be in the next movie.

Cesar R M

Well eventually all that fat ESPN profits will dry up some as the production and rights for all these games add up.

(Tho actual major props for ESPN & Steve Levy for their FIFA coverage of late. And hiring my english class buddy.)
speaking of ESPN.
I wonder how big the hit will be, now that they lost the FIFA rights.

also, sorry for disappearing from the conversation.
was distracted by the new hilarious comic of GROOT (yes, he has his own comic.. groot from the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise)
and I have to say its golden. way funnier than Rocket's own V3 comics.

AEfx

It's a big spoiler (yet good one). I like spoilers but I too don't think this will be in the next movie.

It's not a spoiler though LOL - which is why I said it was safe for him to read. It's just a silly little story in the new comic that to be honest, might actually make him pick it up and check it out.

I'm a few issues behind but it made me want to catch up. It's clever as all get out and like I said, it will be resolved so quickly it will have zero impact on anything.

PhotoDave219

It's not a spoiler though LOL - which is why I said it was safe for him to read. It's just a silly little story in the new comic that to be honest, might actually make him pick it up and check it out.

I'm a few issues behind but it made me want to catch up. It's clever as all get out and like I said, it will be resolved so quickly it will have zero impact on anything.

I did click it, i saw one sentence in all caps and I file that under "Duh" and was that way in the Thrawn Expanded Universe. So. Wouldnt call that a spoiler but i didnt read it all.

AEfx

We'll have to see how that plays out..... What with all the FIFA people getting hit with RICO in the indictments...

After you check out the Star Wars post (seriously, you will like it), can you explain this to someone that doesn't know a Diasuke from an Artichoke?

My take has been - the people that oversee soccer took bribes to .... do something to do with soccer ...but not like DeflateGate, it didn't really have anything to do with the games...yet is so bad they are being extradited to the US and face criminal charges?

Yet that tirehead liar creep Armstrong got away with it...

Cesar R M

We'll have to see how that plays out..... What with all the FIFA people getting hit with RICO in the indictments...
even easier now that Mr. Warner is squeaking like a pig.

I wonder what will come first.. Warner and others speaking against Blatter. or they getting assesinated because they knew way too much how certain officials (like Russians, South African, Quataris..etc..) have bribed to obtain the worldcups.
Not shockingly.. even the dates of the 98 and 2002 cups weres mentioned too.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
even easier now that Mr. Warner is squeaking like a pig.

I wonder what will come first.. Warner and others speaking against Blatter. or they getting assesinated because they knew way too much how certain officials (like Russians, South African, Quataris..etc..) have bribed to obtain the worldcups.
Not shockingly.. even the dates of the 98 and 2002 cups weres mentioned too.

Actually, the 2002 World Cup is surprising... France not so much as you mentioned...

World Governing Bodies need to be free of financial interest. IOC, FIFA, etc... are examples of how not to do this....

*1023*

ThemeParkJunkee

Kabam mom back online. Holy Christmas! Didn't know this would be much of an announcement. DD was finally able to post to my FB page today what they were working on. Trust me, when she did her internship at Marvel (pre-disney) it was just as secret what she was working on. (Christmas Holiday Stuff). I am the last to know due to DD adherence to "the rules".

PhotoDave219

Kabam mom back online. Holy Christmas! Didn't know this would be much of an announcement. DD was finally able to post to my FB page today what they were working on. Trust me, when she did her internship at Marvel (pre-disney) it was just as secret what she was working on. (Christmas Holiday Stuff). I am the last to know due to DD adherence to "the rules".

With how watched this website is? Smart to play it safe...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom