A Spirited Perfect Ten

bhg469

My daughter was just today, able to let people know that her company was working on a "Star Wars" mobile game. She has kept it under wraps for quite some time. Can't believe she couldn't tell her mom. Apparently the story broke today in the news. I wonder if they had any advance information regarding the new movie. It is showing up in Google as a top story.
Ooh! Please share the name.

PhotoDave219

Or because Orlando is still bringing in the bucks and they don't see it as broke so they don't fix it.

Depends on your interpretation. ;)

Well eventually all that fat ESPN profits will dry up some as the production and rights for all these games add up.

(Tho actual major props for ESPN & Steve Levy for their FIFA coverage of late. And hiring my english class buddy.)

Nubs70

Flashbacks! Flashbacks!!

*shaking on the floor in a corner - in a fetal position* :eek:

@Nubs70 - stop with that statistical crazy talk! I am having flashbacks to my college stats class. :arghh:
While what follows may make you spasm..but here it goes.

The world needs more statistical knowledge. It was refreshing to see Dave making his prognostications and effort on the TEA numbers. So the hypothesis was off... no big deal. Next whack at it needs some refinement. Beware of the Type I and Type II error.

Stats are not nearly as tedious today with some of the high power programs available.

PhotoDave219

The world needs more statistical knowledge. It was refreshing to see Dave making his prognostications and effort on the TEA numbers. So the hypothesis was off... no big deal. Next whack at it needs some refinement. Beware of the Type I and Type II error.

Stats are not nearly as tedious today with some of the high power programs available.

The fatal flaw was that i was examining the distribution of crowd levels and taking the growth in those crowd levels to translate to growth in the audience.

Doesnt mean the audience grew by 10%, it meant we had 10% more above average days.

I compared apples and oranges and didnt realize it.

ThemeParkJunkee

I saw a press release on this earlier. Called "StarWars: Uprising" and is set after Jedi and is before Ep7.

Yes, that is it. I felt compelled to be vague because of my daughter's request. She works for the company that made the game. She has been sworn to secrecy for so long. She lives and works in San Francisco as an animator/illustrator/marketing exec.

PhotoDave219

ESPN? Is that one of those sports things?

Hahahahahaha. #1 revenue segment for TWDC.

I'd like to see that be Parks and Resorts and I think you can do that more effectively like we were talking about in the TEA thread. Growth coming organically through reinvestment. You get return visitors easier.

You get the long con. Rather than getting $7000 from a family for one visit ever, you get $5000 for a visit every 2-3 years over a 10-15 year period. Then you've got the kids hooked and then they're gonna come back.

Essentially, its drug dealer marketing. Or as Prop Joe essentially said, this (stuff) will sell itself.

kagacins

Everyone who isn't following the "hot cheese" thread is really missing out. Non-ironically, isn't it amazing that we live in an age where we can pick apart the minutae of something we all love so dearly with thousands of people around the globe on the super computers that live in our pockets and likely slowly reduce our sperm motility? Thanks to everyone who has ever contributed a comment.

AEfx

You get the long con. Rather than getting $7000 from a family for one visit ever, you get $5000 for a visit every 2-3 years over a 10-15 year period. Then you've got the kids hooked and then they're gonna come back.

Essentially, its drug dealer marketing. Or as Prop Joe essentially said, this (stuff) will sell itself.

But isn't that the "Disney Mommies" mentality that sort of got us the wonder of MM+ to begin with?

They got half that point, they just catered to the wrong crowd...the one that told them that the best way to spend $2B was to make WDW more regimented than a military boot camp instead of "build it, they will come".

AEfx

Everyone who isn't following the "hot cheese" thread is really missing out. Non-ironically, isn't it amazing that we live in an age where we can pick apart the minutae of something we all love so dearly with thousands of people around the globe on the super computers that live in our pockets and likely slowly reduce our sperm motility? Thanks to everyone who has ever contributed a comment.

I have to admit...ashamed to say...but that really was fun...

I only use my powers on the truly obnoxious, I swear. :)

ItlngrlBella

I kid! I kid! That was a ton of work he put into it and I actually read them - dare I say I found them interesting.

I hate to admit, though I'm not required to (by the privately owned tutoring company I work for and not a contracted service I have for my own independent clients) - I chart the h3ll out of my kid's practice HSPT/SSAT/ACT tests' subscores - we do 3-4 tests in as many months and I run them against national averages and averages of my other clients in the pool. The parents don't expect it but appreciate it greatly. Stats are our friends - except when I was in college - that was a hot mess.

PhotoDave219

But isn't that the "Disney Mommies" mentality that sort of got us the wonder of MM+ to begin with?

They got half that point, they just catered to the wrong crowd...the one that told them that the best way to spend $2B was to make WDW more regimented than a military boot camp instead of "build it, they will come".

Well that entire $2B was partially because some people in the company developed a way for the show to interact with you.

Only they still havent followed through.

kagacins

Hahahahahaha. #1 revenue segment for TWDC.

I'd like to see that be Parks and Resorts and I think you can do that more effectively like we were talking about in the TEA thread. Growth coming organically through reinvestment. You get return visitors easier.

Last cheese comment, I promise, but Prop Joe definitely ate too much hot cheese at DisneyWorld...and everywhere.

AEfx

Well that entire $2B was partially because some people in the company developed a way for the show to interact with you.

Only they still havent followed through.

Funny you should mention that. I've been thinking about that lately. Particularly with the "patent for mechanical legs" or whatever that thread that briefly popped up yesterday was. Have they even rolled out the mechanical heads yet?

It's funny that a couple of years ago people would argue quite vocally how "MM+ is so much more" than the bracelets, but no one seems to argue that anymore. It never made sense to me - and in fact, was kinda creepy - if I was five, and I walked up to Mickey and he knew my name, how old I was, and stuff about me - I'd be like "Dude, we just met, how does this mouse know all about me? STRANGER!"

But seriously, yes, that's one of the interesting things about being away from the boards for awhile and then coming back. You see how much some things change. No one argues the $2B number anymore, and no one pretends there is really any more to it as far as guests are concerned. Even in their wildest dreams, the best that was going to happen was replicating what Universal did with ET 25 years ago.

ItlngrlBella

First and last cheese comment from me - since I live in The a Dairy State, I feel I must comment...

...you have to admit that for some reason the title of that thread had to make you laugh - or at least smile. :)

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom