A Spirited Perfect Ten

raymusiccity

Its pretty simple.
People are using the "trigger warning" excuse to blast things they dont like.

Example, a real person who has a real trigger.. will get in a panic attack when something similar (to what hurt the person) happens.
A fine example is the segment of "dynamite gal" from the movie WRECK IT RALPH.

Then theres Aholes who use "dont trigger me" as a way to silence opinions they dislike.. they dont get panic attacks, they just dont like or feel annoyed. Thats why the joke of that image macro was born.
They're mocking the guys who claim they get "triggered" FOR ANYTHING.

"Niagra Falls!!....and slowly I turned".....

image.jpg

PhotoDave219

I get that, but some people like to avoid everything about a film before they see it, even interviews.

Shall we ask PhotoDave if it's OK to quote Star Wars plot points mentioned in Vanity Fair, Variety and Empire? The point is, if there's an easy to use tag, please use it for those of us who don't want to know things about films before we see them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

BernardandBianca

Not a spoiler for Tomorrowland and not a spoiler for Star Wars, no matter how many hissy fits Dave throws.

If it's publicly shared by those involved with the film, it's free to be talked about.

I fail to see why it's not a spoiler even if publicly shared by those involved. If it discloses information about the content of the film it is a spoiler, and probably even worse since it's coming from those in the know.

Tigger1988

I fail to see why it's not a spoiler even if publicly shared by those involved. If it discloses information about the content of the film it is a spoiler, and probably even worse since it's coming from those in the know.
Do you consider movie trailers spoilers? Clips shown when the stars do talk shows?

Where does it end? Is everyone else supposed to walk on eggshells and not talk about publicly disclosed information?

BrerJon

Nice :hilarious:

Also, good to have you back :)

Thanks Mike - I'll be hitting WDW and Universal next week for the first time in a long time so thought I'd better get caught up on this thread to get the latest on what's been happening recently before I go! Will be my first time seeing the new hub and Poly, (sarcasm on) looking forward to those as they look amazing, and (sarcasm off) my first time meeting a raptor and peeking over the fence at the Kongstruction, which I'm extremely excited about.

I want someone to do a YouTube clip comparing the IoA raptor to the puppet thing they had in DAK a few months ago, it would really show the difference in attitude between how the two companies view quality.

BrerJon

Do you consider movie trailers spoilers? Clips shown when the stars do talk shows?

Where does it end? Is everyone else supposed to walk on eggshells and not talk about publicly disclosed information?

We live in a world where not all films are released at the same time in all countries, and not everyone has the time to see things on opening weekend. It's just basic manners to not reveal details beyond what's in a trailer until a few weeks after release.

I have a very simple policy. Teaser trailer, official trailer (or one variant of), and the movie, nothing else. No interviews, puff pieces or talk shows. You can bet that when Star Wars rolls around I will TiVo all the coverage but won't watch any of it until I've staggered bleary eyed out of that midnight screening.

lazyboy97o

They should have lock screen integration this way in their app built-in. So we don't need to explicitly take a screenshot. But if our FastPass Info persisted in the form of a lock screen widget or Wallpaper... that would be nice.
Passbook exists solely for this type of functionality, so it's there for Disneybto offer on iOS and I image there is an Android equivalent.

lazyboy97o

We live in a world where not all films are released at the same time in all countries, and not everyone has the time to see things on opening weekend. It's just basic manners to not reveal details beyond what's in a trailer until a few weeks after release.

I have a very simple policy. Teaser trailer, official trailer (or one variant of), and the movie, nothing else. No interviews, puff pieces or talk shows. You can bet that when Star Wars rolls around I will TiVo all the coverage but won't watch any of it until I've staggered bleary eyed out of that midnight screening.
That is your choice and for you to filter.

Mike S

Thanks Mike - I'll be hitting WDW and Universal next week for the first time in a long time so thought I'd better get caught up on this thread to get the latest on what's been happening recently before I go! Will be my first time seeing the new hub and Poly, (sarcasm on) looking forward to those as they look amazing, and (sarcasm off) my first time meeting a raptor and peeking over the fence at the Kongstruction, which I'm extremely excited about.

I want someone to do a YouTube clip comparing the IoA raptor to the puppet thing they had in DAK a few months ago, it would really show the difference in attitude between how the two companies view quality.
Saw the redone Poly and Hub on a recent trip a few weeks ago. I don't hate the lobby but it's nowhere close to that great waterfall that was there when I ate at Ohana last year. Same with the hub, I wasn't really sure what to make of it. Speaking of Universal, what are your thoughts on their latest acquisition for the parks? My avatar and signature should tell you enough about how I feel about it :)

MerlinTheGoat

That's him. He's also well known for attacking this site and even individual posters here on Twitter.
That's... Well i'll just say that I wasn't aware of this person's full history beyond this site, nor what they looked like. When reading his posts on this site as CountryBearFan, I had pictured in my head that this was a relatively young teen or even child posting these things, the types of posts didn't seem like anything an adult or even an older teen (such as 16 or above) would write. So I find it even more disturbing to see someone that old behaving in such a manner. I'm entirely serious when I say I suspect there's actually some legitimate and possibly quite serious mental illness involved with this individual.

And by that I mean far beyond the rather baffling but not generally uncommon level of immaturity often a trait of Disney lifestylers who shill for the company. The rather bizarre behavior and questionable mental stability of a some Disney guests isn't a new topic of discussion in these Spirited threads. But this individual seems to be on a level vastly beyond anything like that to where it's actually quite worrisome...

Tigger1988

The burden then falls on YOU to avoid the spoilers. It's not everyone else's responsibility, especially when you're avoiding trailers and TV pieces.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm entirely serious when I say I suspect there's actually some legitimate and possibly quite serious mental illness involved with this individual.
Yes. He has admitted as much in the past.
I also seem to recall his mother chiming in at some point.

I also have heard that he's been thisclose to being trespassed at WDW for character...umm...stalking.

Best to simply not engage.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Umm, instead of coming here for anything, why not just go on your trip to WDW and Universal and just enjoy yourself? Or are you going to take a pen and paper onto every ride so you can jot down everything that is wrong while you are there, instead of just actually, maybe, just enjoying it all? And none of this is sarcasm.

BrerJon

Saw the redone Poly and Hub on a recent trip a few weeks ago. I don't hate the lobby but it's nowhere close to that great waterfall that was there when I ate at Ohana last year. Same with the hub, I wasn't really sure what to make of it. Speaking of Universal, what are your thoughts on their latest acquisition for the parks? My avatar and signature should tell you enough about how I feel about it :)

If Animal Actors becomes Pokemon Live!, if Curious George becomes the Mushroom Kingdom, and if there's a Zelda dungeon house at HHN... well let's just say I won't be cutting back my Universal visits any time soon!

the.dreamfinder

Andy Castro added a MiceChat update blurb regarding last Friday's snafus to the end of his most recent Dateline Disneyland.

http://micechat.com/103083-disneyland-diamond-celebration-2/
Thursday by Midnight there were already 3,000 people camping out in the shuttle loading area, where previous 24 Hour events only had a few hundred overnight campers.

Friday by 5:00am there were over 10,000 people waiting to be let in, where previous events only had a couple thousand waiting by park opening. Parking was seeing heavy arrivals before 6:00am. The plan was to pull in the expected few thousand waiting and give them free ear hats for the sunrise publicity shot at park opening. The opening ceremony went off without a hitch, but there were thousands more than expected and they filled in a very full Town Square and spilled out into the Esplanade. That was the first clue that this event was going to be much more popular than the last three 24 hour events.

By 6:30am there was already 16,000 people inside Disneyland, with 4,000 inside DCA. The early morning arrivals continued to be very heavy through Noon. The executive committee began to wonder if they’d underestimated the demand for the event by mid morning.

By 11:00am there were over 43,000 people inside Disneyland, which is the type of number you’d see on a crazy day during the week of Christmas. An additional 15,000 were in DCA, which is like an average weekday afternoon. Parking began to run out of inventory by early afternoon, and at 2:00pm there was 52,000 people inside Disneyland. That’s more than are allowed in on New Years Eve, but the decision was made to push the limit because thousands were already waiting along the parade route so the rest of the park wasn’t as busy as the in-park attendance might indicate. Disneyland’s attractions continued to have waits like an average busy holiday weekend, with longer lines at Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion.

At 2:00 the executive steering committee who had been monitoring the numbers and crowds all morning became very concerned that the event was getting out of control as people continued to pour into the Resort. The first phased closure of the Disneyland turnstiles began, jumping past the first two phases and starting with Phase 3, which suspended ticket sales and only allowed those with handstamps back into Disneyland.

In the afternoon Disneyland continued to fill with people who already had handstamps from earlier in the morning, and as word spread that the ticket booths were shutting down those inside Disneyland began to camp out. DCA was becoming busier with 24,000 in the park by 5:00pm

At 5:00 there was now 57,000 people inside Disneyland, which was the highest number anyone has ever seen in at least 20 years. Since so many people were waiting on the over-full parade route, the majority of the park felt very busy but not quite out of control. But Disneyland was in uncharted attendance territory and the executive committee was beginning to panic. For the first time ever, Disneyland triggered a Phase 4 closure of the turnstiles at 5:30, which means absolutely no one is allowed in, not even Club 33 guests, Premiere AP’s, or company executives with Gold passes. Of course, it took some time for that information to make its way to the front lines.

This is about the time that communication between departments began to break down. The Resort’s executives were holed up in the Emergency Operations Center located backstage behind Main Street. The decision was made to attempt to clear out the Esplanade by shutting down all bag check tents. This was also the time that the after-work crowd began to arrive, and tens of thousands more people arrived, using the last few thousand of the Resort’s 19,000 parking spaces they had to use on Friday.

The rest of the evening is pretty well known at this point. Throughout the evening the executive committee was feverishly trying to craft a strategy to deal with the thousands still waiting to get into the Esplanade, plus the 30,000 people now inside DCA who were getting angry that they weren’t allowed to park hop over to Disneyland. By 8:00pm the executive strategy for the Esplanade crisis became “shelter in place”, and the decision was made to keep the Esplanade on lockdown and keep Disneyland at Level 4 until sometime after Midnight.

There is no plan in place to use the audio speakers in the Esplanade and shuttle area to communicate as a public address system. There was also very little information trickling down to the lower management ranks and the hourly CM’s staffing the turnstiles and bag screening tents. The executive committee approved the usually perky Disneyland Today Twitter feed to begin putting out blunt Tweets about Disneyland’s indefinite closure. In their minds, that was effective communication, but the reality is that the thousands waiting to get in weren’t being told anything by the frazzled CM’s staffing the park entrances, and not that many guests use Twitter to find out information about their park visits. There was local media present from the Orange County Register, but they were inside the park waiting for the parade and fireworks and completely missed the real story taking place outside the gates.

In a full panic by late evening, the executives kept Disneyland’s gates closed until two hours after the final Paint The Night parade scheduled for 1:00am, even as Disneyland emptied out and most attractions had extremely short waits. The executives cut off alcohol sales at DCA by 11:00pm and closed the Guest Services building in the Esplanade due to the volatile and angry mobs. The Santa Ana Freeway was backed up for five miles north of the Disneyland Drive off ramp for hours that evening. The surface streets around Disneyland were severely congested, and occasionally gridlocked, from 7:00pm until 2:00am. The Cast Member parking shuttles used to get the CM’s back to Angel Stadium, where over 10,000 CM’s were parked on Friday, couldn’t get to the Resort and departing CM’s waited in long lines of up to an hour for a shuttle back to Angel Stadium. Never has Disneyland seen this type of crowd, and the plans TDA crafted to host 120,000 visitors for the 24 Hour Party collapsed under the weight of an estimated 175,000 that got in or attempted to get into the parks that day.

Phil12

But shouldn't the same basic manners apply to theme park attractions? Yet detailed information about these attractions is released weeks, months or even years before they are open to the public. It seems very much like a double standard to me. A recent example is the resurrection of the Hatbox Ghost at DL. Videos were released prior to its appearance in the HM and ride videos of the Hatbox Ghost appeared on the net within hours of the day he first materialized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom