A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Road Warrior is my favorite for the same reason Terminator 2 is the best film in that series: a great idea and a great story finally met the right budget.

But that opening.... The Nightrider! A fuel injected suicide machine!

Interesting how the Toe Cutter essentially reprised his role. One could somehow explain that he somehow lived from the first film.

Canon or not, I enjoyed it. Loved the doof wagon.

Tony Perkis

But that opening.... The Nightrider! A fuel injected suicide machine!

Interesting how the Toe Cutter essentially reprised his role. One could somehow explain that he somehow lived from the first film.

Canon or not, I enjoyed it. Loved the doof wagon.
I had to Google who the actor was that portrayed Immortal Joe, only to find out it was Toecutter from the original. George Miller, you fantastic son of a .....

PhotoDave219

I had to Google who the actor was that portrayed Immortal Joe, only to find out it was Toecutter from the original. George Miller, you fantastic son of a .....

I know, right? Totally plausible that he somehow survived the wreck Max drove him into (assuming they got him to a hospital quick) and then taking on the moniker of "immortal" in that he didn't die in the first one.

Tony Perkis

I know, right? Totally plausible that he somehow survived the wreck Max drove him into (assuming they got him to a hospital quick) and then taking on the moniker of "immortal" in that he didn't die in the first one.
I'm guessing it was a different character and Miller just wanted to work with friends again, especially those involved with the original film for the reboot.

But it's fun thinking of ways that this could have worked as complete canon.

Bairstow

I'm guessing it was a different character and Miller just wanted to work with friends again, especially those involved with the original film for the reboot.

But it's fun thinking of ways that this could have worked as complete canon.

Definitely a different character.
Miller does this often.

Bruce Spence plays the gyrocopter pilot in the Road Warrior, then plays a different gyrocopter pilot in Thunderdome.

Heck, If you assume that Miller really is copying the Dollars Trilogy, the "Max" in each of the movies could very well be different guys played by mostly the same actor who happen to act like each other and be named "Max".

MerlinTheGoat

He's been here more than once. If you see a lot of these :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: you will know he's back. I think he's at least a little "disturbed".
I'm not familiar with that instagram name, but that angry emoticon habit sounds extremely like a member here called CountryBearFan. Same person?

CBF is a well known troll from a few years ago. Don't know what happened to him, may have finally been banned because his posting habits were overtly inflammatory (not even remotely subtle enough to avoid moderation in his attempts to flame people, he outright attacked people and told them to shut up on a constant basis if they dared to express any discontent about WDW and Disney). I've heard he has stalked Spirit when he was at other Disney fan forums. His posts are trademarked by a consistent amount of angry emoticons, a rather eyebrow raising adoration of Meg Crofton and the insistence that WDI are responsible for park maintenance...

Last edited:

VJ

Wow, I've done some reading up...I had no idea that Kong wasn't going to be some slightly enhanced version of the CA experience. It sounds like it's the Indy ride on steroids.

You know, I usually don't care for it when folks postulate what Walt Disney would do/think today, mostly because what so many folks argue the opposite of what he likely really would want.

That said, I had this thought tonight, probably influenced by all this Tomorrowland talk.

If Walt really had been frozen, and was now residing under Sleeping Beauty's Castle, can you imagine how his revival would go?

They'd wake him up, and after he had his first cigarette, he'd ask to be shown around. They'd take him across Disneyland, and he likely would be impressed with stuff like Indy, Splash Mountain, and Star Tours.

As they finished up their tour of Disneyland, he'd say, "You know fellas, you haven't done too badly without me. I'd hoped for a bit more, but hey - not too shabby for fifteen years worth of development."

The Disney pages exchange nervous looks with the executives, until finally one of them speaks up.

"Uh, Mr. Disney, um, actually, it's 2015."

"2015??? When I woke up and they said 15 I thought they meant it's been 15 years! Are you telling me that it's not 1981 but it's 2015??? That this is ALL YOU HAVE DONE IN FIFTY YEARS??? My Lord...okay, okay...but what about the Florida Project? What's the population of EPCOT?"

Once he got his answers, I daresay he would have asked to be taken to Nemo's Subs one more time, and while boarding he would have yelled "It's 20 THOUSAND LEAGUES, YOU INGRATES!" before he took one last puff on his cigarette and dove face first into the water, drowning himself out of misery and disappointment.
Spot on, spot on, spot on. I don't usually say "Walt would do this" or "Walt would do that" without some kind of historical anchor to back up my claims but this exchange really feels like how Walt would react to everything.

AEfx

One teeny problem with your story. Just by walking past a gift shop he would find out what year it actually is.

ETA: Two other things you've forgotten as well. What the Club 33 expansion has done to New Orleans Square and the fact that Disney has been resting on their laurels (especially in Orlando) while the company that stole animators and Oswald from Walt has been expanding like crazy and slowly but surely dissolving the notion of "the Disney Difference" in only 5 years time.

LOL, I think you were taking "my story" a bit too literally. :) It was obviously based on fantasy - maybe they walked him through backstage so he didn't see those things. :)

lazyboy97o

I'm not familiar with that instagram name, but that angry emoticon habit sounds extremely like a member here called CountryBearFan. Same person?

CBF is a well known troll from a few years ago. Don't know what happened to him, may have finally been banned because his posting habits were overtly inflammatory (not even remotely subtle enough to avoid moderation in his attempts to flame people, he outright attacked people and told them to shut up on a constant basis if they dared to express any discontent about WDW and Disney). I've heard he has stalked Spirit when he was at other Disney fan forums. His posts are trademarked by a consistent amount of angry emoticons, a rather eyebrow raising adoration of Meg Crofton and the insistence that WDI are responsible for park maintenance...
Yes, it is the same person.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Come on man, seriously. If the writers at Seeking Alpha know so much more than sophisticated investment firms or even the average investor for that matter than why would they even bother writing about it. They could just use their knowledge to invest for themselves or start a hedge fund and be multi-billionaires. It's pure fantasy to think that they know about every blow up before they happen.

It's easy to look in hindsight and pick out an article someone wrote that questioned a company's business after a bankruptcy or major downturn. The real question is how many other articles did they write questioning other businesses that didn't fail? It's their job to write things that people will want to read. If you are keeping score and only count your victories but ignore your misses you will always come out undefeated.

It's not the Articles on Seeking Alpha / or the Motley Fool as those tend to track all the other articles in the press, It's looking at the posts by those posters similar to @ParentsOf4 who do detailed analysis on the public data and cite sources, It's there that the signs a blowup is about to happen, Like vendors suing for unpaid invoices etc, facilities going offline etc.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I swear, Seeking Alpha (and The Motley Fool, come to think of it) can write thousands of words and still say absolutely nothing. What a bunch of fluff that site is, outside of the investor call transcriptions.

They ALL do that, It's looking for the informed posters on the FORUMS where the INTERESTING stuff shows up, usually FAR in advance of the mainstream financial press.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom