A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

I'm not familiar with that instagram name, but that angry emoticon habit sounds extremely like a member here called CountryBearFan. Same person?

CBF is a well known troll from a few years ago. Don't know what happened to him, may have finally been banned because his posting habits were overtly inflammatory (not even remotely subtle enough to avoid moderation in his attempts to flame people, he outright attacked people and told them to shut up on a constant basis if they dared to express any discontent about WDW and Disney). I've heard he has stalked Spirit when he was at other Disney fan forums. His posts are trademarked by a consistent amount of angry emoticons, a rather eyebrow raising adoration of Meg Crofton and the insistence that WDI are responsible for park maintenance...
lovely reputation lol.
I'm still surprised other trolls still can roam free (like Mr. Thick)

DisDan

Its just the norm for me make a screenshot of my FastPass and set as my lock screen on the phone. It just takes a quick glance of the screen to see when your next pass is..... guess I'm the only one. Many people on this site seem very bitter its unfortunate.

They should have lock screen integration this way in their app built-in. So we don't need to explicitly take a screenshot. But if our FastPass Info persisted in the form of a lock screen widget or Wallpaper... that would be nice.

AEfx

Its just the norm for me make a screenshot of my FastPass and set as my lock screen on the phone. It just takes a quick glance of the screen to see when your next pass is..... guess I'm the only one. Many people on this site seem very bitter its unfortunate.

The point is, you shouldn't have to - and what you describe is beyond the technical capabilities of many. It may seem simple, but as the average theme park guest can't even figure out that you can go up to both the left and right sides of quick service cash registers. And as absurd as it may seem, they also complained that the old FP system was "too complicated".

So now, instead of walking up to a kiosk, scanning your ticket, and walking away with a paper ticket as your FP, it's become far more complicated particularly when you add up all the places where it could go wrong, and in addition, in order to make sure you actually get your FP now you need to learn to sit and take screenshots of them or Disney won't honor them if their system is down.

This is such a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" it's not even funny.

Last edited:

AEfx

Looks like this person has never dropped in on a Spirited thread!

I have no bloody clue who that person is, but I wouldn't trust their judgement on anything whatsoever by just the fact that he put the name of this site in with MiceAge and JimHill.

That would be like making a list and putting Dan Quayle, Einstein, and Lindsay Lohan in the same category.

BrerJon

Just catching up on this thread so apologies for a late reply, but I think I'm one of the only ones a bit disappointed to hear StormRider is closing, it's one of my top things to do in DisneySea. The in-cabin animatronics and smoke/rain are great, it takes the Star Tours type experience to a level nothing in the US parks does and I like how the whole Port Discovery area has an EPCOT Center-y pseudo-educational vibe.

I'm sure they will do a good job with Nemo, because they never do a bad job, but it's going to take a bit of twisting to get the theme and story to fit the 'water-punk' vibe of the land and I think it's sad more people won't get to experience what was one of WDI's most unique attractions before it closes.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Besides, by now, surely TWDC has released photos of Robert A. Iger and Thomas Staggs basking with their Chinese brothers and sisters at the Shanghai Disneyland Resort and The Disney Store in Shanghai, right?

I think I found the picture, with the costumes the Chinese kindly provided for them for the occasion:

Tom: "Well Bob, they were right when they warned us the smog was thick here, I can't see a damn thing!"
Bob: "I think you're talking to my butt."
Tom: "Makes a change from kissing it!"

image-jpg.93691

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I have no bloody clue who that person is, but I wouldn't trust their judgement on anything whatsoever by just the fact that he put the name of this site in with MiceAge and JimHill.

That would be like making a list and putting Dan Quayle, Einstein, and Lindsay Lohan in the same category.

f/m/k? Thats a disturbing one.... Because you have to marry Einstein.

BrerJon

Not a plot spoiler when it's hit the news cycle. The producers did interviews talking about what was cut before it hit theaters.

I get that, but some people like to avoid everything about a film before they see it, even interviews.

Shall we ask PhotoDave if it's OK to quote Star Wars plot points mentioned in Vanity Fair, Variety and Empire? The point is, if there's an easy to use tag, please use it for those of us who don't want to know things about films before we see them.

Tigger1988

I get that, but some people like to avoid everything about a film before they see it, even interviews.

Shall we ask PhotoDave if it's OK to quote Star Wars plot points mentioned in Vanity Fair, Variety and Empire? The point is, if there's an easy to use tag, please use it for those of us who don't want to know things about films before we see them.
Not a spoiler for Tomorrowland and not a spoiler for Star Wars, no matter how many hissy fits Dave throws.

If it's publicly shared by those involved with the film, it's free to be talked about.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not familiar with that instagram name, but that angry emoticon habit sounds extremely like a member here called CountryBearFan. Same person?

CBF is a well known troll from a few years ago. Don't know what happened to him, may have finally been banned because his posting habits were overtly inflammatory (not even remotely subtle enough to avoid moderation in his attempts to flame people, he outright attacked people and told them to shut up on a constant basis if they dared to express any discontent about WDW and Disney). I've heard he has stalked Spirit when he was at other Disney fan forums. His posts are trademarked by a consistent amount of angry emoticons, a rather eyebrow raising adoration of Meg Crofton and the insistence that WDI are responsible for park maintenance...
That's him. He's also well known for attacking this site and even individual posters here on Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom