A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

As much as I'd like it, that ride is pretty intense on its own.

My wife can't ever go on it again because theotion was already bad for her, adding 3d may take me out as well. I'd have to try it once to be sure.
actually, I think the 3d might alleviate the issues.
why? because the scenes were not feeling fully and looked skewed in flat 2d.
I got dizzy not of the motion.. but because there are areas that do not look 3d while harry looks and co looks 3d.
The motion sickness was more of the "disparity" of the sense of depth plus the movements of the chair not fitting the angles the movie moved.

also, watching that news site on this:
http://time.com/3895655/star-trek-enterprise-building/
that doesnt look like the enterprise!

Thats not even the USS Sovereing class.

looks more like the Janeway's USS VOYAGER.

Cesar R M

Based on my Facebook timelines, the hardcore Disney fans and CMs loved it. The casual fans and not Disney folks seemed to pan it.

I'll see it again on DVD.

The excitement for Star Wars may have raised my expectations for this film unconsciously by seeing the trailer immediately before.
Its all on taste I think.
I for example... did not like MAD MAX in some ways for example. loved the powerful woman feel, the effects.. disliked the story and the disjointed cuts and change of scenes.
and I know a lot of people raved on how good it is.

gmajew

Premium Member
Its all on taste I think.
I for example... did not like MAD MAX in some ways for example. loved the powerful woman feel, the effects.. disliked the story and the disjointed cuts and change of scenes.
and I know a lot of people raved on how good it is.

I have to go back and watch the old mad max movies before I see this one. Which means more then likely won't ever see it. Same reason why I did not go see the planet of the ape movie even though it looked good.

PhotoDave219

I have to go back and watch the old mad max movies before I see this one. Which means more then likely won't ever see it. Same reason why I did not go see the planet of the ape movie even though it looked good.

I found it better than Road Warrior & Beyond Thunderdome

acishere

You don't really need to watch the first 3 to understand the new film. His name is Max, he stumbles into a situation, and he drives and shoots his way through it. The rest of what you need to know is quickly summed up in the beginning.

Bairstow

You don't really need to watch the first 3 to understand the new film. His name is Max, he stumbles into a situation, and he drives and shoots his way through it. The rest of what you need to know is quickly summed up in the beginning.

You really don't have to have seen any of them going into Fury Road.
It's not really clear whether the movie is a reboot, a partial-reboot after the original, a fourth sequel after Thunderdome, or whatever.
There's certainly no reason why it couldn't follow Thunderdome,

Of the older ones, the Road Warrior is the best. Beyond the Thunder Dome is very good until the Thunder Dome is over then it's not so great. It seems like it got Ewokked if that is a word.

Thunderdome is like two movies joined together; one being a Red Harvest retelling.
I actually really like the Tomorrowmorrowland children. The "tell" is one of the more effective scenes in the whole series.
It only really starts to fall apart when they get back to Bartertown and the first and second parts of the movie collides.

SpaceMountain75

Looks like this person has never dropped in on a Spirited thread! ;)
image.jpg

PhotoDave219

Looks like this person has never dropped in on a Spirited thread! ;)View attachment 94214

Apparently he fails to realize that we are some of the hardest-core of the hard-core Disney fans.

We want WDW to be the shining example of family entertainment and the pinnacle of guest service throughout the world. (And actually be that way, rather than through numbers or other bookkeeping tricks.)

We are not casual fans. We have long memories about the history of the company, its entertainment and all the changes. We continue to hold forth the standards the parks had when we were kids. ("Isn't this new thing great?" "NO! Go try again")

Those that view these forums, this site, and in particular this thread as strictly negative, they have lost the ability to examine anything with a critical eye. Its not black and white to us, its varying shades of grey.... Meaning you can be a fan of the company and want them to succeed all the while demanding the highest excellence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom