A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Goof I think we can agree to disagree, But why do the people on Seeking Alpha and similar sites always see the blowups far in advance of the general analyst community. The reality is most analysts have far too many companies to cover and these days most analysts are 'sell side' so it's in their best interest to present the most positive picture so their companies can reap commission income.

How many analysts physically visit the companies they cover and use their products and services in a anonymous manner so they can see what the CUSTOMER sees without getting the VIP treatment, The answer these days is d--m few.

We have far too few 'independent' analysts who are simply doing the analytical work on what the true performance of companies is.

Well that last part is true with all industries. Very few independent outlets at all.

Mike S

Last edited:

Mike S

I'd then buy tickets to see Disney on ice.
image.jpg

lazyboy97o

Well this is curious.... In a good way. Adding to our China conundrumns? Star Wars is set to be shown at the 18th Shanghai International Film Festival for the first time ever.

http://ti.me/1F6qh0w

Interesting.
It only seems to lend credence to the idea that Disney's top brass staying out of the limelight was more of a [good] strategic move than it was a last minute blindside (that has also been going on for months).

bhg469

New video about the conversion to 3D in Japan.

Man I hope we get those Quidditch Goggle glasses here in Orlando. And those projections on Hogwarts......... :jawdrop:

As much as I'd like it, that ride is pretty intense on its own.

My wife can't ever go on it again because theotion was already bad for her, adding 3d may take me out as well. I'd have to try it once to be sure.

PhotoDave219

Tomorrowland good movie it was very cool to see how the ties the story into the Disney world without just screaming hey I am an area of the park! @Lee @PhotoDave219 i agree with lee the movie is worth seeing and maybe watch a few times.

Based on my Facebook timelines, the hardcore Disney fans and CMs loved it. The casual fans and not Disney folks seemed to pan it.

I'll see it again on DVD.

The excitement for Star Wars may have raised my expectations for this film unconsciously by seeing the trailer immediately before.

gmajew

Premium Member
Based on my Facebook timelines, the hardcore Disney fans and CMs loved it. The casual fans and not Disney folks seemed to pan it.

The excitement for Star Wars may have raised my expectations for this film unconsciously by seeing the trailer immediately before.

I have to admit I got a little excited when the Lucas films logo appeared on screen.

I thought the Disney castle logo pre film was a nice touch.

I can see the casual fans not getting it though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Goof I think we can agree to disagree, But why do the people on Seeking Alpha and similar sites always see the blowups far in advance of the general analyst community. The reality is most analysts have far too many companies to cover and these days most analysts are 'sell side' so it's in their best interest to present the most positive picture so their companies can reap commission income.

How many analysts physically visit the companies they cover and use their products and services in a anonymous manner so they can see what the CUSTOMER sees without getting the VIP treatment, The answer these days is d--m few.

We have far too few 'independent' analysts who are simply doing the analytical work on what the true performance of companies is.
Come on man, seriously. If the writers at Seeking Alpha know so much more than sophisticated investment firms or even the average investor for that matter than why would they even bother writing about it. They could just use their knowledge to invest for themselves or start a hedge fund and be multi-billionaires. It's pure fantasy to think that they know about every blow up before they happen.

It's easy to look in hindsight and pick out an article someone wrote that questioned a company's business after a bankruptcy or major downturn. The real question is how many other articles did they write questioning other businesses that didn't fail? It's their job to write things that people will want to read. If you are keeping score and only count your victories but ignore your misses you will always come out undefeated.

PhotoDave219

Come on man, seriously. If the writers at Seeking Alpha know so much more than sophisticated investment firms or even the average investor for that matter than why would they even bother writing about it. They could just use their knowledge to invest for themselves or start a hedge fund and be multi-billionaires. It's pure fantasy to think that they know about every blow up before they happen.

It's easy to look in hindsight and pick out an article someone wrote that questioned a company's business after a bankruptcy or major downturn. The real question is how many other articles did they write questioning other businesses that didn't fail? It's their job to write things that people will want to read. If you are keeping score and only count your victories but ignore your misses you will always come out undefeated.

"Seeking Alpha?" Isnt that BDSM & therefore NSFW?

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Ok, so I may have been slightly biased by my giddy excitement of seeing...

the 1964 World's Fair at the beginning of the movie, and the steampunk-ish Eiffel Tower scene, to name a few

Last edited:

Donald Razorduck

My kids thought it was ok, had to do something with them today being our lake is a bit on the full side and our typical activities for this weekend were a no go!

Beaver Lake in NWA Arkansas with flood gates open Memorial Day 2015
index.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom