A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

It brought simple minds back to a new generation.. Thats worth something

Saw mad max tonight. Obviously a stunt spectacular... But not a film id tell people they need to see. Action without much attachment or Consequence..

Did check out one of the many new theaters here... Another disappointment

Which theatre? Because everything near me is a Regal... and theyre pretty much price gougers.

Bairstow

Saw mad max tonight. Obviously a stunt spectacular... But not a film id tell people they need to see. Action without much attachment or Consequence..

I thought just the opposite.
Fury Road has a great economy of words (or non-chase scenes in general) but I definitely found myself emotionally invested in the success of the heroes.
The action was fast, but you could always follow what was going on and evey weird sight Miller throws at you gets paid off eventually.

burgess

Anyone heard anything about whether Pokémon will be included in the Universal Nintendo plans? It's one of their biggest properties, but since it has multiple stakeholders, I wonder if the rights are more complicated than just sticking with Mario.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Which theatre? Because everything near me is a Regal... and theyre pretty much price gougers.

I get pre paid regaL passes to keep prices in check. I have one i can leave my house and be in a seat in the theater in about 8mins chair to chair.

We have regals, cobb, alamo, amc, and other smaller chains all within about 15mins. This was the newest regal in the area. The powered recliners were nice... But screen was smaller, inconsistent focus and tiny concessions counter. My 'home base' regal is nicer (was a fox cinema prior)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I thought just the opposite.
Fury Road has a great economy of words (or non-chase scenes in general) but I definitely found myself emotionally invested in the success of the heroes.
The action was fast, but you could always follow what was going on and evey weird sight Miller throws at you gets paid off eventually.

Did you walk out wanting to watch it again right away... Or feel moved about something? I walked out thinking 'im tired' and caring less about what i just watched

ItlngrlBella

Decided to see Avengers. My thoughts are that it pretty much was what I expected. It was solid popcorn fare, but by no means great. Compared to the best Marvel films (GotG, first Captain American and Iron Man outings), I thought it was rather mediocre. It certainly didn't flat out suck as the last Cap America film did. It was good, but there was definitely too much of a ''We expect you to see all 54 films we have planned for the next 10 years in the MCU'' conceit with those infinity stones and other subplots.

But, honestly, just watching Robert Downey Jr. and listening to James Spader was worth my $6.50.

I did find one line by Spader as Ultron so quotable to the fanbois here who seem to take everything they hear or see as fact without ever truly asking questions ... he said something about ''Humans are only are capable of scratching the surface.'' I see that in a lot of discussions here about how Disney operates, how media works, doing business in China, social media use/abuse etc. ... people just don't like or aren't capable of critical thinking.

Ugh - you just ruined my date night movie of choice w/my hubz this Saturday. Any suggestions from anyone about a movie that is better? I (and he) were excited for Avengers. Now not so much.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ugh - you just ruined my date night movie of choice w/my hubz this Saturday. Any suggestions from anyone about a movie that is better? I (and he) were excited for Avengers. Now not so much.

It's a popcorn flick. You'll still like it. Plus, he may still want to see it. I personally wait for most movies (3D in particular) for home presentation in my theater room. Going to the theater now is more hassle than it's worth.

*1023*

Iwerks64

Spirited Night Musings:

Just got back from dinner and a night at the cinema (will talk about that shortly) and I realize it is now 11:45 a.m. Wednesday in China. The Shanghai Disney Store should have opened amidst pomp and circumstance about 105 minutes ago.

Yet, no PR from Disney. Nothing. (Of course, at this point, who are we kidding? Disney doesn't have real PR in China and is afraid to release anything in Burbank.)

Here's a news posting locally from about 8:30a in Shanghai on the store opening.

http://www.ecns.cn/business/2015/05-20/165988.shtml

Oh look, no picture of Bob. Quotes from Paul Candland (who I thought was in Japan?)

Here's a bunch of pictures from yesterday with people going in and out of the store:

http://english.eastday.com/picshow/show7/150519Disney/index.html[/QUOTE]

ParentsOf4

Why does everyone always hate on any Autotopia/Speedway that exists in a Disney Park?

Whats wrong with you people? Wouldn't you want to drive a car when you were five?
Sorry but the Tomorrowland Speedway has a 54" height restriction to drive alone. The average 5-year-old is only about 40". I remember my youngin's not being able to reach the peddle or see over the front of the cart. In addition, the steering wheel took a fair amount of strength to turn and they couldn't budge the thing. We'd always bounce from one side of the rail to the other.

By the time my kids were 40", we had much better electric go-carts on a rail that they could drive located nearby. We also had 2-seat adult carts that I could drive for them at a pretty good clip. We took them on Tomorrowland Speedway once, but after what they experienced at home, they never wanted to ride it again.

Why the hate? They are hot, smelly, loud, and eat up valuable real estate that should be used to build something better. Any child old enough to actually drive one is going to think they are the lamest ride ever. :D

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I get pre paid regaL passes to keep prices in check. I have one i can leave my house and be in a seat in the theater in about 8mins chair to chair.

We have regals, cobb, alamo, amc, and other smaller chains all within about 15mins. This was the newest regal in the area. The powered recliners were nice... But screen was smaller, inconsistent focus and tiny concessions counter. My 'home base' regal is nicer (was a fox cinema prior)

Yeah, we're relatively near each other if i recall.

PhotoDave219

Sorry but the Tomorrowland Speedway has a 54" height restriction to drive alone. The average 5-year-old is only about 40". I remember my youngin's not being able to reach the peddle or see over the front of the cart. In addition, the steering wheel took a fair amount of strength to turn and they couldn't budge the thing. We'd always bounce from one side of the rail to the other.

By the time my kids were 40", we had much better electric go-carts on a rail that they could drive located nearby. We also had 2-seat adult carts that I could drive for them at a pretty good clip. We took them on Tomorrowland Speedway once, but after what they experienced at home, they never wanted to ride it again.

Why the hate? They are hot, smelly, loud, ad eat up valuable real estate that should be used to build something better. Any child old enough to actually drive one is going to think they are the lamest ride ever. :D

Dammit, now I need to make a chart.....

ItlngrlBella

I personally wait for most movies (3D in particular) for home presentation in my theater room. Going to the theater now is more hassle than it's worth.

*1023*

Same here - we usually wait and watch it in the mancave/theatre we have in the basement, but I get stuck cleaning out the popcorn cart/machine and it's more hassle than it's worth. Lol.

Saturday night we have access to a free sitter and he can't wait, so I think we'll see it regardless.

I CANNOT wait for Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Handsome + hilarious = my celeb crush. To me, a quick wit/smart a** is the sexiest thing ever. I'm there opening day.

PhotoDave219

Its not bad... its just not amazing. It has some really nice high points where we'vegot character development.

Listening to James Spader be creepy was worth the price of admission.

PhotoDave219

Same here - we usually wait and watch it in the mancave/theatre we have in the basement, but I get stuck cleaning out the popcorn cart/machine and it's more hassle than it's worth. Lol.

Saturday night we have access to a free sitter and he can't wait, so I think we'll see it regardless.

I CANNOT wait for Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Handsome/smart a** + hilarious = my celeb crush. I'm there opening day.

Deadpool? Yes.

Popcorn? You need one of these, Machine washable parts.

ItlngrlBella

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom