A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Which makes it more acceptable to enjoy....
Dave.. really?
WP6CeWk.gif

lazyboy97o

Confucan China no longer exists the ie the one which posits the existance of the 'Mandate of Heaven' modern Chinese leadership is a pastiche of Maoism, Marx/Leninism and some historical remnants of the Confucan system which the leadership believes plays well with the citizenry,

The reality of modern china is the primacy of the STATE over all other things in Chinese society, It's why video gaming is being cracked down on and churches are being razed as gaming and religion are threats to the primacy of the state one by the average gamer NOT CARING about the Chinese State and the second by their belief in a 'higher power' ABOVE the government.
Instability is the biggest threat to the primacy of the state and party. Maoism and Marxist-Leninism are poor constructs because Mao was incredibly destabilizing and Marx viewed history as moving towards a goal, one without a state. Scheming to screw over Disney and then doing it is a destabilizing action. It is a momentary display of power with bigger long term consequences.

Cesar R M

But...you wouldn't know that unless you took them off of ignore to read their messages. LOL

Must get tiresome...ignore ON...ignore OFF...ignore ON...ignore OFF....ignore ON...>sigh< Good times!
theres a button that removes the ignores temporarily for the current page. I do not see how its tiresome.

lazyboy97o

so.. more than 10 billion in total.
Question... how cheap is China building industry compared to US ?
if the same park was built in the US.. how much would it cost?
The problem with this sort of question is there is no way to really know without incredibly detailed breakdowns of expenses. Just doing an adjustment for inflation Disneyland comes in at $148 million, but we all know that is way too low for actually building a park. Walt Disney World Phase 1 adjusts up to $2.3 billion. Then there is what happened with Hong Kong Disneyland where the initial build out had Disney only paying for the park and hotels while the SAR forked over all of the infrastructure costs. Issues with how Disney tries to rush are also likely very much compounded by the less than stellar build quality standards in China.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pitch Perfect makes Bring it on like an Cannes Palm de'or winner.

It brought simple minds back to a new generation.. Thats worth something

Saw mad max tonight. Obviously a stunt spectacular... But not a film id tell people they need to see. Action without much attachment or Consequence..

Did check out one of the many new theaters here... Another disappointment

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Night Musings:

Just got back from dinner and a night at the cinema (will talk about that shortly) and I realize it is now 11:45 a.m. Wednesday in China. The Shanghai Disney Store should have opened amidst pomp and circumstance about 105 minutes ago.

Yet, no PR from Disney. Nothing. (Of course, at this point, who are we kidding? Disney doesn't have real PR in China and is afraid to release anything in Burbank.)

Of course, still waiting for the pic of Bob Iger and Tom Staggs at the SDL site topping off ceremony yesterday. But I can't state with any certainty at this point that they were even there (and I DO have the plans for what was supposed to happen yesterday and what is supposed to happen today!)

BTW, if you think nothing is unusual here, simply go into this site's archives and pull up the same ceremony from HKDL in 2004 (we could talk about how slow this project has been versus how quickly most things get done over there). We can compare notes after Bob and the entourage are on the way back to Burbank to make the laborious drive down to Anaheim to kick off the Diamond Anniversary Celebration at DL to end the week.

So, tonight I made it to movies for the first time in 2015 (no, it hasn't been easy to get out) and my choices were either Avengers: Age of Ultron, Cinderella or Pitch Perfect 2. No, Mad Max wasn't an option as I wasn't paying $16 for the upcharged experience (as someone used to free films, I can't fathom what some folks pay for a night at the movies, so, no, I didn't buy the $12 'value pack' of popcorn and soda!)

Decided to see Avengers. My thoughts are that it pretty much was what I expected. It was solid popcorn fare, but by no means great. Compared to the best Marvel films (GotG, first Captain American and Iron Man outings), I thought it was rather mediocre. It certainly didn't flat out suck as the last Cap America film did. It was good, but there was definitely too much of a ''We expect you to see all 54 films we have planned for the next 10 years in the MCU'' conceit with those infinity stones and other subplots.

But, honestly, just watching Robert Downey Jr. and listening to James Spader was worth my $6.50.

I did find one line by Spader as Ultron so quotable to the fanbois here who seem to take everything they hear or see as fact without ever truly asking questions ... he said something about ''Humans are only are capable of scratching the surface.'' I see that in a lot of discussions here about how Disney operates, how media works, doing business in China, social media use/abuse etc. ... people just don't like or aren't capable of critical thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom