A Spirited Perfect Ten

WildcatDen

What are you talking about? Mad Max won the weekend worldwide.

Box office Mojo says mad Max pulled 110 million worldwide while pitches told about 108.
Domestic Numbers Brother. Still, even Worldwide (be interesting to see # of theaters comparison) it only took in $2M more that a some singing movie. Fat Amy took Max to the wood shed and taught him how to be a woman. . .

PhotoDave219

Domestic Numbers Brother. Still, even Worldwide (be interesting to see # of theaters comparison) it only took in $2M more that a some singing movie. Fat Amy took Max to the wood shed and taught him how to be a woman. . .

Just proves that only American Audiences are dumb enough to go see Pitch Perfect.

The final 30 minutes are better than the Avengers.

Quinnmac000

Just proves that only American Audiences are dumb enough to go see Pitch Perfect.

Or maybe when you put out too many action packed films coming out around the same time, fatigue sets in and people have to find other forms of entertainment. I mean we had Furious 7, Avengers, and Mad Max come out in a two month span with only really not good comedies out so Pitch Perfect would have easily done well based on that alone.

PhotoDave219

Or maybe when you put out too many action packed films coming out around the same time, fatigue sets in and people have to find other forms of entertainment. I mean we had Furious 7, Avengers, and Mad Max come out in a two month span with only really not good comedies out so Pitch Perfect would have easily done well based on that alone.

I feel bad for the women who have that as the only movie aimed at them.

OSUgirl77

I feel bad for the women who have that as the only movie aimed at them.

I don't know how good the sequel is, but the first Pitch Perfect was actually pretty cute, especially for teenagers and young adults. I like action movies and I like serious dramas, but sometimes you just want to watch something lighthearted and not think for a couple of hours. Pitch Perfect fits that bill.

BrianLo

Speaking of construction, I haven't seen a lot of buzz anywhere about what's going in behind Dumbo in Fantasyland. Doesn't look huge and all that's there right now are pipe stubs and a few trees. Hopefully it'll help fill out Fantasyland. With only one dark ride, it is fairly week. The backside of Fantasyland has always struck me as "unfinished".

Also saw a sign posted for "making new magic for your future enjoyment" in front of a wall between Adventureland and Grizzly Gultch. Just to the left before you go under the train tracks. Looked like some shell construction back there. @WDW1974 , any idea what that might be?

The former is apparently for Princess Meet and Greets, the latter is for the Frozen Village being created as this summers seasonal offering (similar to Anaheim with the stage show, Olaf M&G and snow play area).

Is there room for another park at SDL?

Yes, and a third I believe.

So far, WDI has created:

Finding Nemo: The Musical
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush (at DLR and TDR)
Finding Nemo suites at Art of Animation
Crush Coaster

and now we're getting a simulator ride themed to the same movie/franchise.

Do you think they've milked this property enough?

I've got to give that award to Little Mermaid actually, they've basically done all of the above just at Disneyland Resort.

They have a segment in the Magical Mickey Map stage show, it's in Soundsational AND the upcoming Paint the nights. It's in World of Colour, !Fantasmic, has been involved in the fireworks, has a dark ride dedicated to it, a character dining restaurant and carousel. She's also snuck into Small World and Storybookland Canal boats?

Have I missed anything?

No, I don't have a problem with Nemo. Popular IP (that I happen to enjoy) that has no presence in the resort beyond a Dreamlights parade unit with a sequel coming out in a few years. TDS has always had characters in the park and they in no way overwhelm (beyond Duffy taking over Cape Cod, but that is a phenomenon that ain't going anywhere.)

You forgot Turtle Talk in TDS... but as I outlined above, if it's less than 50% of the Mermaid penetrance, it definitely gets a pass.

PhotoDave219

I don't know how good the sequel is, but the first Pitch Perfect was actually pretty cute, especially for teenagers and young adults. I like action movies and I like serious dramas, but sometimes you just want to watch something lighthearted and not think for a couple of hours. Pitch Perfect fits that bill.

Pitch Perfect makes Bring it on like an Cannes Palm de'or winner.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
The former is apparently for Princess Meet and Greets, the latter is for the Frozen Village being created as this summers seasonal offering (similar to Anaheim with the stage show, Olaf M&G and snow play area).

Yes, and a third I believe.

I've got to give that award to Little Mermaid actually, they've basically done all of the above just at Disneyland Resort.

They have a segment in the Magical Mickey Map stage show, it's in Soundsational AND the upcoming Paint the nights. It's in World of Colour, !Fantasmic, has been involved in the fireworks, has a dark ride dedicated to it, a character dining restaurant and carousel. She's also snuck into Small World and Storybookland Canal boats?

Have I missed anything?

You forgot Turtle Talk in TDS... but as I outlined above, if it's less than 50% of the Mermaid penetrance, it definitely gets a pass.

hehe...penetrance....

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom