A Spirited Perfect Ten

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Keep in mind two things.

1. "Disneyland" was printed inside the shirt (not ON the shirt as clarified) so that was a true.

2. If this topic is indeed as you say "oh-my-goodness-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me insignificant," then why did you respond? You just wrote a small paragraph that you yourself claim to be "insignificant."

The irony is you debating something that you claim is insignificant. LOL
The topic is insignificant. The reaction to the topic, I believe, warrants discussion.

Mike S

You don't see the irony here? The piece of merchandise we're talking about is resort-specific. Maelstrom is not a Disneyland attraction.
Then why is Disneyland printed on it? It's not just shirt tags, it's everything they've done under the "One Disney" philososophy. The "Disney Parks" branding, bland cups and napkins, etc. This should help get the point across.
image.jpg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
But complaining about the printing on a tag on the inside of a t-shirt? Give me a break. That's like complaining that there's a scuff mark on a bus tire.

Not using armor all on their bus fleet tires is further proof of the downfall of the Disney empire. I can remember back when I was was a fetus and my parents visited the year WDW opened, all the bus tires glistened like new.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Then why is Disneyland printed on it? It's everything they've done under the "One Disney" philososophy. The "Disney Parks" branding, bland cups and napkins, etc. This should help get the point across.
I get it. I'm not saying "One Disney" is good. I'm saying the specific medium of a tag on the inside of a shirt has nothing to do with "branding." "Branding" is customer-facing. A tag is logistical.

Believe me, I agree with you on principle. I have this mug and it drives me CRAZY that it says "Magic Kingdom" on it.

51LGxSd%2BC%2BL._SY300_.jpg

NearTheEars

Ain't China grand? It reminds me of a friend and business associate who had all of his company's product manufactured in China. He'd visit the factories a handful of times per year and his legal team would get images and accounting of their facilities to prove that they were adhering to standards. He would tell me that no matter the show that they would put on for his visits, he'd ultimately see blood that hadn't been cleaned up well enough off the the manufacturing floors and walls of the employees.

And to think that nearly all of our junk is coming from there and it's greatly added to the toxic environmental dump of a world that we're in. Ahhh.....

So that's the beautiful Chinese culture many here envy.

cdd89

I think it's important to distinguish between the scandals (and I can well believe them), and the end product which I still expect to be world class - at least at launch (I can well imagine it going rapidly downhill if and when it turns it not to be the success initially forecasted).

Longer term, I'd suggest that of all the markets Disney has entered, I think Shanghai would be the easiest to make a clean break from (with minimal glare from Western publicity) if things went badly wrong. I could well imagine it being the first Disney park to be "de-flagged"... That really would be interesting.

PhotoDave219

It's branded with both. Guess it's so they can save some pennies somehow :rolleyes: Same goes for my Disneyland and my 20th anniversary Indiana Jones Adventure shirts.
View attachment 93446

I have no problem with that. Its a shirt. Haynes likely makes thousands of shirts for TWDC. From there, they go to the printer/silk screener/embroider. They grab a couple of hundred shirts, print them up and send them to either California or Orlando.

This is the ultimate nit to pic.

Cesar R M

New cups and paper goods are rolling out this week at Disneyland, all branded specifically to the Disneyland Resort and the 60th Diamond Celebration that kicks off on Friday. The "Disney Parks" corporate tyranny seems to be breaking its hold, at least in Anaheim.

Could a new cup design be far behind for Walt Disney World? Could the Disney Parks corporate hive allow some charm and individuality to return to the various parks and properties? I'd love to see the 1971 "D" logo return to WDW paper goods, wouldn't you?

The photo above of this new 60th Anniversary cup is from Flo's V8 Café in Cars Land. But for an upcharge in Cars Land, they'll also now sell you a drink in a special Dinoco oil can. Hysterical and so cool!
NOS654573-613x345.jpg

All the American parks should have unique stuff like this!
caaarp.. Id totally get one!!!

meanwhile.. at WDW... generic napkins.. generic napkins everywhere!

Cesar R M

You don't see the irony here? The piece of merchandise we're talking about is resort-specific. Maelstrom is not a Disneyland attraction.
you forgot your Sarcasm font Mr.

Not using armor all on their bus fleet tires is further proof of the downfall of the Disney empire. I can remember back when I was was a fetus and my parents visited the year WDW opened, all the bus tires glistened like new.

..fetus....armor all.. on tires... wdw...
jzDp0XG.gif

Cesar R M

In other news..

I tried to get up to date in Dc comics.. and ..
I'm like..
Steve-Jobs-Angry-at-Analytics-Firms-Tracking-its-Devices-2.jpg

then...

cantthinkanymoreimages.jpg

and then...
excalated_quickly.jpg

and dc comics is still...

but_wait_theres_more.jpg

To resume:

The whole CONVERGENCE multiversity arc of DC comics is a total cluster f..k D:

I mean.. Harley Quinn is going to fight Captain Carrot....

*edit*

to resume.. the CONVERGENCE/TANGENT and MULTIVERSITY arcs are the DC's answer to the huge Cosmic Marvel event " Anihilation", "Conquest" and The Cancerverse" arcs.
they feel way too similar.
I still enjoy the fun of the Multiversity standalone comic.

Because it joins a lot of fun things with the "serious" things.
Like Captain Carrot meeting...
captaincarrot.jpg

...President Obama "Superman"
obama_superman.jpg

Last edited:

Skippy

In summary, there are those that dislike any Disney Parks-esque branding regardless of the size of the detail, while others are okay with some degree of generic branding as long as it is not the focus and makes financial sense for the companies involved. Idealists and Practicalists. Moving forward.
To resume:

The whole CONVERGENCE multiversity arc of DC comics is a total cluster f..k D:
My DC list has dwindled to pretty much only Batman.. and even then I'm behind because of the whole Eternal weekly nonsense, with trades taking months upon months to be released.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Monday Quickees:

Word from a very well-placed individual is to expect Shanghai Disneyland to have a higher daily entry fee than EVERY Disney park in the world with the exception of the US Parks. I don't have an exact one-day number yet, but in the neighborhood of $80 a day. That is a VERY high number in the mainland.

Here's an impressive couple of pics from inside Shanghai's new Disney Store:
http://hk.on.cc/cn/bkn/cnt/news/20150517/bkncn-20150517215001244-0517_05011_001_cn.html?refer=fn2
http://hk.on.cc/cn/bkn/cnt/news/20150517/bkncn-20150517215001244-0517_05011_001_cn.html?refer=fn2

Boy, that 'model' of Storybook Castle sure is impressive, isn't it? You think they're reinforcing the idea that Disney is simply generic western-style children's entertainment?

To @Iwerks64, I'd love to have your HKDL observations/thoughts on this thread when you are able. I'm also pretty certain that if you had business on the very street that is now passing through the Shanghai Disneyland resort, my guess is that you likely could get a tour out at the site. It might be worth your time. Again, I'm sure I could get a tour of the site, no matter how much some high-level individuals have personal animus toward me. What do we both have in common? Neither of us works for TWDC.

Don't want to waste much time/space by talking about it, but it is a very positive development to see DLR-specific BRANDED cups and the like in Anaheim. Any O-Town BloggingWhores out there yet?

How many more weeks before Age of Ultron is old news? Nothing against the film, which I haven't seen yet, but 'summer films' that have essentially wrapped their big money runs by Memorial Day are not summer tent poles. They are spring tent poles.

Did I book another Disney Cruise today? I'll have to ask Angie about that! :D:cool::)

Hope to pop back tonight!

asianway

Spirited Monday Quickees:

Word from a very well-placed individual is to expect Shanghai Disneyland to have a higher daily entry fee than EVERY Disney park in the world with the exception of the US Parks. I don't have an exact one-day number yet, but in the neighborhood of $80 a day. That is a VERY high number in the mainland.

Here's an impressive couple of pics from inside Shanghai's new Disney Store:

Boy, that 'model' of Storybook Castle sure is impressive, isn't it? You think they're reinforcing the idea that Disney is simply generic western-style children's entertainment?

To @Iwerks64, I'd love to have your HKDL observations/thoughts on this thread when you are able. I'm also pretty certain that if you had business on the very street that is now passing through the Shanghai Disneyland resort, my guess is that you likely could get a tour out at the site. It might be worth your time. Again, I'm sure I could get a tour of the site, no matter how much some high-level individuals have personal animus toward me. What do we both have in common? Neither of us works for TWDC.

Don't want to waste much time/space by talking about it, but it is a very positive development to see DLR-specific BRANDED cups and the like in Anaheim. Any O-Town BloggingWhores out there yet?

How many more weeks before Age of Ultron is old news? Nothing against the film, which I haven't seen yet, but 'summer films' that have essentially wrapped their big money runs by Memorial Day are not summer tent poles. They are spring tent poles.

Did I book another Disney Cruise today? I'll have to ask Angie about that! :D:cool::)

Hope to pop back tonight!
Yes I believe the laughing place guy is...

The newest - if you are a popular enough lifestyler personality you can be put into concept art

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom