A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
absolutely correct
it that may be but it would be like me taking Jimmy Thick's word on how bad of an experience he head at universal....
my earlier post was more about disneyhead said then what you said.....
sorry you guys are what you are a universal site, and a great one at that!

Um, no, it wouldn't.

Because Jimmy Thick is a known troll who makes things up as he goes. The other is a well-respected webmaster.
It would be akin to someone coming here and accusing @wdwmagic of lying if he posted something negative about a visit to UNI.

You take the source. They may like one resort more than the other and I don't know @ElBriMan well enough to even know whether he actually favors UNI in general. The fact he proposed at WDW and wanted to spend part of his honeymoon at WDW certainly signifies to me that he thinks highly of the resort.

I don't know if I'll put a ring on Angie (maybe she should put a tiara on me first?), but if I do you can rest assured, as can she, that I won't be taking her to the Red Roof Inn in Tallahassee for any part of the honeymoon.
Yes, this is part of an inside joke, but that motel is also the worst dump I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world -- and I do get around.

PhotoDave219

Um, no, it wouldn't.

Because Jimmy Thick is a known troll who makes things up as he goes. The other is a well-respected webmaster.
It would be akin to someone coming here and accusing @wdwmagic of lying if he posted something negative about a visit to UNI.

You take the source. They may like one resort more than the other and I don't know @ElBriMan well enough to even know whether he actually favors UNI in general. The fact he proposed at WDW and wanted to spend part of his honeymoon at WDW certainly signifies to me that he thinks highly of the resort.

I don't know if I'll put a ring on Angie (maybe she should put a tiara on me first?), but if I do you can rest assured, as can she, that I won't be taking her to the Red Roof Inn in Tallahassee for any part of the honeymoon.
Yes, this is part of an inside joke, but that motel is also the worst dump I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world -- and I do get around.

Someday, we'll have to compare notes on dead hooker motels we've stayed in.

WDW1974

Original Poster
yup. this.

listen, there's certainly a nice little thesis to be written about which came first: the elimination of customer service OR the obnoxious customer unreasonably demanding the moon and the stars. but let's be frank: most people just want to feel like they're not being ripped off.

I think it's the corporate greed. I think people try to scam Disney or get freebies more now because the cost of everything is so insane. Disney also now nickels and dimes and tries to fill in every hole (insert your own fanboi joke) where someone might be able to take a small advantage of the system.

The absurd RapidFill response to perceived (and real) soda thievery (BTW, check at resorts before buying mugs or even cups as many are shutting the system down/off regularly!) is like trying to use a nuke to kill one person. It may also be why I had no issue, after purchasing food at Sunshine Seasons, with going up and filling a small water cup with Coke twice. Yes, I am evil and going to he ll, I already know that, so don't waste your breath.

I feel ripped off to some extent every time I'm at WDW and I spend far, far, far, far less than most people or than what I spent 15 years ago. I never felt like I had to get back at 'Da Man at WDW in the 70s, 80s or 90s because I thought they gave me my money's worth and, often, then some. I don't feel that way anymore. I feel open contempt from the company and many employees (and, no, I am not even talking about my personal pals at TDO or CP). I think they're lucky that soda and hotel soap is about as far as I'll go with getting some back ... because many people are stealing from them left and right (which does bother me) and items of actual value.

Magenta Panther

I just hope she loves The Muppets.

Can't speak for Kathleen, but if those old moth-eaten things finally make a little money for Disney, at least Iger will like them (despite the fact that the first thing he did when he became head of Disney was go to the Muppet studios and fire everybody :) At least he started out well... :D ).

Well, since you decided not to take my question seriously, here's what I think about Kathleen: at least she's a creative. She worked with Spielberg and was involved in some wonderful family films. She was involved with the movie E.T. and has helped bring the works of the wonderful Studio Ghibli to America. She's not a money-obsessed cement head who plays to the stockholders. Kathleen built her career playing to audiences. I think it'd be wonderful if she took over for Iger. At least she'd be better than Staggs, judging from what I'm reading from WDW1974.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Relaxation was never an option for us, as much as we probably could have used it. Flying across country from So Cal, spending a lot of cash...you feel very motivated to maximize every second you are at the resort. Up at the crack of dawn, in the parks at opening, leave the parks around closing. I'm old and can't go all out at the parks like I used to. It's not a vacation, it's exhausting, my feet hurt, my back hurts and those are some of the many reasons we are planning on going to Hawaii (maybe multiple times) before we return to WDW.

If you are a family taking a once in a year or once in four year visit to WDW for one week, then I just don't get how you can possibly relax. I know many people don't. I've read countless posts from folks who stay at a monorail resort and in a week NEVER use the pool or jacuzzi or work out room or just sit at the bar having a drink. They are in the room for 6-8 hours a day/night to sleep and shower and on the go the rest of the time. For that, I absolutely think they're insane for spending $500 a night when they could be spending $100 (or less) a night because they are getting nothing but location (and those resorts are ONLY convenient for MK and semi-convenient for EPCOT ... everywhere else is bus only and not close by).

But I'll enjoy my time this summer at theme parks far away from Central Florida ... and in some National Parks as well. Those will all be relaxing. WDW or UNI in summer? Um .... nope, nothing good to say!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
If you are a family taking a once in a year or once in four year visit to WDW for one week, then I just don't get how you can possibly relax. I know many people don't. I've read countless posts from folks who stay at a monorail resort and in a week NEVER use the pool or jacuzzi or work out room or just sit at the bar having a drink. They are in the room for 6-8 hours a day/night to sleep and shower and on the go the rest of the time. For that, I absolutely think they're insane for spending $500 a night when they could be spending $100 (or less) a night because they are getting nothing but location (and those resorts are ONLY convenient for MK and semi-convenient for EPCOT ... everywhere else is bus only and not close by).

But I'll enjoy my time this summer at theme parks far away from Central Florida ... and in some National Parks as well. Those will all be relaxing. WDW or UNI in summer? Um .... nope, nothing good to say!

Florida in summer is not fun.... It's uncomfortable....It makes one irritable and stinky....SoCal on the other hand is more tolerable and closer to the pretty people... I like the West Coast in summer, not the Sweat coast....

*1023*

Longhairbear

The issue isn't that other hotels/resorts have problems. The issue is that it isn't acceptable anywhere ... and it certainly isn't something to be excused away at WDW, which charges the most absurd and obscene prices for standard hotel rooms in Central Florida ... by a mile.
You should check out the current thread on Evacuation policy at the Poly DVC in the DIS boards DVC section. Very disturbing story.

Magenta Panther

Florida in summer is not fun.... It's uncomfortable....It makes one irritable and stinky....SoCal on the other hand is more tolerable and closer to the pretty people... I like the West Coast in summer, not the Sweat coast....

*1023*

Napa Valley can get downright nippy. Beautiful, beautiful area. I'd move there if I could. I think it has the best weather in all of California.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You should check out the current thread on Evacuation policy at the Poly DVC in the DIS boards DVC section. Very disturbing story.

Geez you KNOW it's bad when the denizens of the DELTA-INDIA-SIERRA board are ripping Disney a new one, From there it appears the doors need power to operate and with the outage there was none. (Of course that's why life safety systems are usually backed with batteries and/or a genset).

It looks like the lobby may be the LEAST of the Poly's problems, Paging Dr @tikiman for the inside scoop.

WendyGirl1979

Time for another caption contest.....

CFBFGFBWMAEV9bz.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFBFGFBWMAEV9bz.jpg

*huyuck* (Goofy laugh)

WendyGirl1979

On a more serious note, can someone tell me why Bay Lake Tower is so preferred to the garden wing (OG) Contemporary? I want none of your new-fangled things and if I'm paying that money, I'd better see a monorail and a Mary Blair mural when I step foot out of my room.

twebber55

Really?

So you believe that every review here is biased in favor of WDW, then? Or just the ones posted by MAGICal Steve?
that may be a smidge over the top to what I said
I simply implied you have to question based on the info was coming from...OU is a great site but its a universal site. Brilo does a great job over there but you have to question when its about Disney....
I recall you questioning @AustinC with his article, this is no diffrent
for all I know he s exactly right im just doing what you did with Austins article questioning it
Im a member at OU so I enjoy it l but lets be honest OU is all about Universal so when somebody comes over here with a review about Poly should I just take it as gospel?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom