A Spirited Perfect Ten

doctornick

What about Firestar? I initially only knew about her from the old Spiderman and his Amazing Friends Cartoon but she was then apparently integrated into other 'teams'. Including Avengers. Or is she one of the murky 'who knows who owns' characters? I think she's kind of known from the old cartoon (created especially for it) but has enough comic storyline to build on when she was later brought into them.

She's not really significant enough to warrant a movie presence, especially a solo film. That said, her rights are almost certainly owned by Fox due to the X-Men contract and not available to Disney/Marvel. If you wanted to go for someone like her, a better bet would be Firebird.

I've really been thinking about who would be good female leads for the MCU the past few days and the best options I've come up -- with are The Wasp, She-Hulk, Tigra, Silver Sable, Photon/Spectrum (the former Captain Marvel), Mantis. Maybe Spider-Women or the Black Cat depending on the agreement with Sony. If that seems like kinda slim pickings, it is.

TinkerBelle8878

Yeah I remember her from that cartoon as well but don't know why she is not listed.

The whole inhuman mutant thing throws a wrench in things I am sure.

On the toon she was human. Just a mutant. I'm not sure what her inhumanity/humanity was past then. But then again aren't most of these characters? Hulk isn't human. :p It's also is interesting that apparently in the cartoon it was supposed to be Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Iceman, and Spidey. They couldn't get the rights to Torch because of Fantastic Four so Firestar was created. I'm not much of a Marvel vs DC person. I'm not a DC or Marvel comics reader, I was always an Archie girl. My knowledge until all the tv shows and movies was Superfriends and Spiderman and Friends. But I will say that during kindergarten playtime I remember pretending I was alternately Firestar and Wonder Woman so these girl characters do have meaning and shame on the execs for not realizing it.

PhotoDave219

On the toon she was human. Just a mutant. I'm not sure what her inhumanity/humanity was past then. But then again aren't most of these characters? Hulk isn't human. :p It's also is interesting that apparently in the cartoon it was supposed to be Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Iceman, and Spidey. They couldn't get the rights to Torch because of Fantastic Four so Firestar was created. I'm not much of a Marvel vs DC person. I'm not a DC or Marvel comics reader, I was always an Archie girl. My knowledge until all the tv shows and movies was Superfriends and Spiderman and Friends. But I will say that during kindergarten playtime I remember pretending I was alternately Firestar and Wonder Woman so these girl characters do have meaning and shame on the execs for not realizing it.

That is the head of Marvel studios who feels that way. Ike Perlmutter.

PhotoDave219

Time for another caption contest.....

CFBFGFBWMAEV9bz.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFBFGFBWMAEV9bz.jpg

Cesar R M

She's not really significant enough to warrant a movie presence, especially a solo film. That said, her rights are almost certainly owned by Fox due to the X-Men contract and not available to Disney/Marvel. If you wanted to go for someone like her, a better bet would be Firebird.

I've really been thinking about who would be good female leads for the MCU the past few days and the best options I've come up -- with are The Wasp, She-Hulk, Tigra, Silver Sable, Photon/Spectrum (the former Captain Marvel), Mantis. Maybe Spider-Women or the Black Cat depending on the agreement with Sony. If that seems like kinda slim pickings, it is.
no words on the GOTG family characters?

burgess

Yes and we know the T's so called schedule is a work of fiction but the subways and buses are generally there every 15 minutes or so unless the weather is really bad (ie THIS WINTER) one would think WDW could do as well as a transit system 2 billion in debt.

It really depends on the line and the time of day, but yes. You'd think Disney would want to shuttle people off to their expensive destinations as quickly as possible.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I haven't even been able to peek in today. Wonder what the subjects of the day have been ... did Disney finally announce something important that actually improves WDW and adds to the value and cache of a MAGICal vacation?

Didn't think so. But worth asking. Have any of the Lifestyers begun two-week visits to DLR yet?

Hey, George Clooney, you think you're a big shot? I've been to Lake Como before (pizza wasn't all that, but view was to die for). And I actually showed for Governors Ball at the Emmys when you were given that honorary statue. I think it's rude to not show up when you're invited somewhere. ... I still remember when you were on the Facts of Life. Probably your best work.

Yep, watching one of Dave Letterman's final shows and realizing that nighttime talk TV is really changing now.
Here's a good read on the end of an era: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/14/o...0150514&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58490726&_r=0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom