A Spirited Perfect Ten

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Intent can be inferred any number of ways. Historically words have been used to try to bring certainty to things.

Hmmm... I remember words being used to obfuscate and illustrate ambiguity.

Or perhaps I mis-remember things.

Maybe a former president and intern interaction did not call into question the meaning of the word is.

I offer the 2 previous sentences as satire and underline that, while words may mean things they often do not mean what we think.

*1023*

Maybe I'll start a fortune cookie company...or perhaps a t-shirt business.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Maybe a former president and intern interaction did not call into question the meaning of the word is.

I offer the 2 previous sentences as satire and underline that, while words may mean things they often do not mean what we think.

*1023*

Hence the word "try" in my comment.

tirian

So just to add on from Deb's archives site for Breakfast at CRT:
Year Adult Child Remarks
1998 $14.95 $7.95 No pictures were taken
2005 $21.99 $11.99 No pictures were taken
2006 $31.99 $21.99 On February 1 this year they added the pictures, so a large price increase
A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo, as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle, in a Cinderella photo holder
2007 $31.99 $21.99 Special Holiday pricing started this year, and still continues
2008 $33.99 $22.99 Tax & Gratuity NOT included up to this point
2010 $44.80 $29.86 Tax & Gratuity are now included, which covers the larger increase this year
2012 $52.07 $33.47 These are the prices for the lowest cost season
2013 $53.29 $34.64
Also, consider the goal is to get you in and out in under 30 minutes; that's why the food flies at your table.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

*1023*

Eschew Obfuscation :rolleyes:

Stevek

Are you serious? Gotta ask again. Or just sent up from the PML to stir a Spirited thread?

Because the whole WDW as a relaxing vacation destination ended sometime about two decades ago. You can't have the amount of options spread out over such distances and require so much planning all at incredibly high pricing for most people to relax at WDW.

I can do it. But I've spent likely a crazy amount of time at WDW. I go now because it is still relatively new to the love of my life and because I can enjoy spending time with family and friends there. Beyond DAK and some parts of EPCOT, I largely do NOT go for the theme park product because the reality is it just plain isn't very good at anymore. ...So, sure, I can do two laps around the World Showcase lagoon at night with a drink or a snack, maybe stop for 1-2 attractions, see RoE and then do two more laps around the lagoon. Just for exercise and music and then to be one of (but not the last as that honor always goes to @WDWFigment, even when he is far, far away! :) )the last people there. ... Or maybe I go to DAK with a friend and spend 30 minutes just watching the gorillas, as I did last month.

But I also spent a week at WDW and the entire trip including food and gas and tolls (and luxury accommodations at a friend's!) likely didn't even set me back $500.

If I was blowing through eight grand in a week, then I wouldn't be chilling and I don't blame the folks who can't stop and smell the roses, Those roses have very pricey thorns on them!

Relaxation was never an option for us, as much as we probably could have used it. Flying across country from So Cal, spending a lot of cash...you feel very motivated to maximize every second you are at the resort. Up at the crack of dawn, in the parks at opening, leave the parks around closing. I'm old and can't go all out at the parks like I used to. It's not a vacation, it's exhausting, my feet hurt, my back hurts and those are some of the many reasons we are planning on going to Hawaii (maybe multiple times) before we return to WDW.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I rely on the underfunded, cash-strapped MBTA for transportation, and I rarely have to wait a full 15 minutes for a bus in Boston, unless I'm taking one of the less well-served routes. You'd think Disney would be multiple times more efficient than that, considering they are busing people from expensive Disney hotels to expensive Disney theme parks and back.

Yes and we know the T's so called schedule is a work of fiction but the subways and buses are generally there every 15 minutes or so unless the weather is really bad (ie THIS WINTER) one would think WDW could do as well as a transit system 2 billion in debt.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Eschew Obfuscation :rolleyes:

Then one must avoid politicians, lawyers, and their associated ilk. Difficulties arise when avoiding the hammers driving the nails and the slow boring of hard boards. Left to their devices they make the weak a pile of plenty and the strong but stronger still. Best to rise amongst their ranks and slay the beast from within. Be warned however, you may become the beast yourself.

*1023*

TinkerBelle8878

Choices for Marvel movies are pretty slim though......

http://marvel.com/characters/list/996/women_of_marvel They don't even list Captain Marvel right now sad.

Would love to see more included in the movies but most have always played a supporting role in the comics.

The story line for most of the woman characters have been weak and need to step up a little bit.

EDIT: But that does not change my love for the movie or the comics. Been a huge fan since I was a kid... Love Marvel comics... DC to actually but will say the DC TV shows way better then the movies lately....

What about Firestar? I initially only knew about her from the old Spiderman and his Amazing Friends Cartoon but she was then apparently integrated into other 'teams'. Including Avengers. Or is she one of the murky 'who knows who owns' characters? I think she's kind of known from the old cartoon (created especially for it) but has enough comic storyline to build on when she was later brought into them.

gmajew

Premium Member
What about Firestar? I initially only knew about her from the old Spiderman and his Amazing Friends Cartoon but she was then apparently integrated into other 'teams'. Including Avengers. Or is she one of the murky 'who knows who owns' characters? I think she's kind of known from the old cartoon (created especially for it) but has enough comic storyline to build on when she was later brought into them.

Yeah I remember her from that cartoon as well but don't know why she is not listed.

The whole inhuman mutant thing throws a wrench in things I am sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom