A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

Yep. Happening right now.
Didn't renew my APs after 2011, only visiting during the partys for half-price admission, etc.

Kept my Uni passes, though....
My WDW AP expired after 2010. I live 9 miles from WDW. I still have a Uni. AP.

And before anyone starts shouting me down. I have been going to WDW since 1971. I have been an amusement park fanatic all my life. I know and appreciate the differences between an old Trolley Park like Kennywood, an old school amusement park like Lakeside in Denver, and Destination Theme Park Resorts like WDW, DLR, and UOR.

What WDW is doing now, even with the breathtaking flurry of additions, is a lot of too little, too late. They may have stunning numbers, but they have no credibility left with me.

I really just don't have the patience to deal with Disney's arrogance anymore.

Mike S

In other news MiceChat brings us a piece which perfectly describes todays WDW and TWDC

http://micechat.com/101023-tim-grassey-addicted-easy-money/
impressed.gif

Great job on that piece @RSoxNo1.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

I get why some people feel this way as it is a trip you have to plan, but I also see a benefit to it.

I like having some parts of my vacation time off the cuff and so far I have still been able to have that while on a Disney vacation.
Haha, "have to plan" Hahaha.

All trips you have to plan. Duh!

I know of no other vacation where there is an entire crazy frickin' culture around getting up in the middle of the night 6 months before your vacation to make dining reservations. And the best part is no one thinks it's odd. And to even suggest such results in a firestorm of hate.

Don't mess with peoples "Disney".

Disneyhead'71

I absolutely acknowledge that it does exist, and no, it doesn't bother us if it takes that long. Yes, we could take a cab, but we choose not to. I am not apologizing for anything. If someone wants to not wait on Disney transport, then they are perfectly free to rent a car, take cab, heck, hire a limo. But the way that y'all paint the picture, is that everybody is doing nothing but riding a stinking bus full of stinky people for hours on end, and that simply isn't true.

I'm just tired of all of you going in the direction that says that Disney transportation/resorts/attractions/restaurants etc. all suck. And you DO say that. Please do NOT try to say that a lot of you here DON'T think the place is a dive. Your posts say otherwise. Someone new to these boards - and we have seen a few lately - see nothing but y'alls disdain for WDW, and think the place must suck to high heaven, and they won't have a great trip to WDW. That is a complete lie, and I'm simply trying to paint the other side of the house - NOT a completely pixie dust side - as I have many times stated that I don't like or agree with everything they are doing, but it is nowhere near as bad as the picture that y'all paint around here.

Not picking on you in particular flynn. Just a generalization.
OK, so now we get down to brass tacks. We get you love, Love, LOVE! WDW and the The Walt Disney Company. We also get that Disney addled people can't view pretty much anything "Disney" in a rational light. You get comments like, "who frickin' cares what the thread count is, you have a frickin' monorail to the frickin' Magic Kingdom!"

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
OK, so now we get down to brass tacks. We get you love, Love, LOVE! WDW and the The Walt Disney Company. We also get that Disney addled people can't view pretty much anything "Disney" in a rational light. You get comments like, "who frickin' cares what the thread count is, you have a frickin' monorail to the frickin' Magic Kingdom!"
Honest question. If you dont like the product Disney offers, why do you choose to participate in a Disney fan community? I'm not saying you have no right to be here or anything of the sort. Just curious why you would want to be. I would think there are other things in your life that you do enjoy to which you can dedicate your time.

etc98

In other news MiceChat brings us a piece which perfectly describes todays WDW and TWDC

http://micechat.com/101023-tim-grassey-addicted-easy-money/

First time posting in a Spirited thread, I've lurked for a while but in the latest Dateline Disney World from that site the author goes on Jungle Cruise. He writes the ambush scene is completely motionless, yet at the end of the section, he says "Kudos to Disney for keeping a classic in great shape." Doesn't seem like sarcasm, but it has to be, right?

Also gotta love what the Skipper said about the motionless scene, "Like almost everything in Disney World, it's Frozen." :happy:

http://micechat.com/101725-wonderful-refurbishments-magic-kingdom/

lazyboy97o

Honest question. If you dont like the product Disney offers, why do you choose to participate in a Disney fan community? I'm not saying you have no right to be here or anything of the sort. Just curious why you would want to be. I would think there are other things in your life that you do enjoy to which you can dedicate your time.
Just Walt Disney World is more than the product offered at this one moment in time.

Goofyernmost

Well, I had never in my life of being a Disney nut and very knowledgeable about the early history of the family EVER heard that Flora and Elias Disney owned a farm in Kissimmee prior to moving north and having children.
I do not remember where I read about that, but, I did years ago. It was beyond a farm in what I remember, but, also included being the Postmaster of the Kissimmee Post Office. True? Damned if I know, but, it was listed in print someplace and was a serious book about Walt Disney and his life. I just don't remember which one.

Nemo14

I do not remember where I read about that, but, I did years ago. It was beyond a farm in what I remember, but, also included being the Postmaster of the Kissimmee Post Office. True? Damned if I know, but, it was listed in print someplace and was a serious book about Walt Disney and his life. I just don't remember which one.

You posted this in another Spirit thread a while ago:

According to the book, "Walt Disney" by Neal Gabler. Elias moved to a place called Kismet, Florida that was located in Central Florida about 50 miles from where WDW is currently located. He basically followed Flora (Walts Mother) there and while courting her delivered mail with horse and buggy. They married there and he purchased a citrus farm and shortly thereafter, due to a freeze that destroyed the crop, went back to delivering the mail until they moved to Chicago.

I still think that I remember reading that he worked, very briefly, as the Postmaster in Kissimmee, but, that might have been for dramatic effect or confusion between Kismet and Kissimmee. I have read a couple of books about Walt, so it might have been another that I read that in. Even without that, the fact that Elias and Flora were married so close to WDW in itself is mind boggling. Especially when you figure how difficult travel must have been in the late 1800's.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does anyone think it will get to the point where Disney will charge extra for FastPass Plus and extra magic hours? Make them available to on-site resort guests only and charge an arm and a leg. People are paying extra for specials and complain that they didn't get their money's worth. Sorry if this has been discussed before but I kind of see a trend going that way.

ParentsOf4

My WDW AP expired after 2010. I live 9 miles from WDW. I still have a Uni. AP.

And before anyone starts shouting me down. I have been going to WDW since 1971. I have been an amusement park fanatic all my life. I know and appreciate the differences between an old Trolley Park like Kennywood, an old school amusement park like Lakeside in Denver, and Destination Theme Park Resorts like WDW, DLR, and UOR.

What WDW is doing now, even with the breathtaking flurry of additions, is a lot of too little, too late. They may have stunning numbers, but they have no credibility left with me.

I really just don't have the patience to deal with Disney's arrogance anymore.
Why do sports fans cheer for losing teams?

Some of us grew up loving WDW. I still fondly remember the excitement when the kids in the neighborhood learned that "Walt is building an East Coast Disneyland!" I still remember decades of amazing trips to WDW.

That love and devotion for "The Team" does not go away just because they have a losing record right now. Sure, that losing record means that I might not attend as many games as I once did when they were winning the championship year after year, but I still follow "The Team" and go to a game or two from time to time.

Even if the owner and general manager are jacking up prices and trading away the best players. Even if the front office is letting the stadium slowly crumble.

That devotion to "The Team" doesn't go away just because the current owner is cashing in on a team reputation that took decades to build.

It also means I call in on talk radio and complain about the current state of "The Team."

Like other real fans of "The Team" do.

Instead of making excuses for the sorry front office. :arghh:

My devotion to "The Team" will outlast the current owner, and I'll always hope for better days ahead. :)

Like every sports fan does. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom