A Spirited Perfect Ten

RSoxNo1

Hopefully the announced 60 year exhibit at the D23 Expo isn't the only presentation for the parks this year at the expo especially for Disneyland. We have waited long enough, something new needs to be announced for Disneyland and/or Walt Disney World.
https://d23.com/the-walt-disney-archives-to-present-disneyland-the-exhibit-at-d23-expo-2015/
This is the Disney Archives exhibit. The last 3 Expos have had an Imagineering exhibit as well, and they've already announced that Bob Chapek will be hosting a Parks and Resort presentation on August 15th.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sorry, but no. That is a complete misconception that people like to throw out here. Even if you got 10% return every year (and where do you get that?), there is no way we could have taken the vacations we have had. Heck, our trip last year to OKW was in a Grand Villa with our two kids and their spouses. The cash rate would have been over $12,000 just for the villa. There is no discounted rate for a grand villa.

I will agree that you could easily stay in a value or a moderate by doing that, but we are deluxe snobs, so wouldn't stay there.
Yeah and how many years did you have to bank points to pay for that? Throw in maintenance fees as well.

RSoxNo1

It's 230 am. I don't feel like arguing.

Why does Six Flags have a negative connotation? Well for me, it has to do with a mix of Dan Snyder (previous owner), Mister Six (those awful commercials) and my experiences with a monkey trying to attack me at Six Flags great adventure in 1979.

Not sure why everyone else hates it.

However it's late and I want to watch some Dollywood videos.
Six Flags has a negative connotation because they are horribly run parks. Yes, they house some of the best coasters in the world, but from an operational standpoint, they are atrocious. Think of the worst operational issues you've seen at Disney... make it twice as bad and you have the daily operations at Six Flags.

Stevek

In the last several trips at WDW we've stayed at the Contemporary Resort. But just for fun, at the MK closing we caught a bus to the Pop Century to see how the valve resort folks live. The chatter on that bus was mostly negative. I could hardly wait until we got to the Pop Century so we could catch a bus back to the CR and be back with our own kind.
Wow, your own kind? Please, do elaborate. I've stayed at CBR, Pop and Animal Kingdom. What kind do I fit in to? I certainly hope this was a tongue and cheek comment or you really do come off as a tool.

Goofyernmost

No you're picking a fight. You're picking an argument. Your instigating something here. You're not the cool guy here. You're not in the right.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go with the flow one vacation.

Some people are forced to depend upon Disney transportation to get from point a to point B. Some people are forced to use my magic plus to schedule fast passes and dining reservations. Some people have to get to a certain point a certain time and Disney transportation is not the most effective way to get anywhere in a hurry.

You're sitting here telling people that they should just relax, they are on vacation when the system is set up against that.

Even more so, if you heard some of the comments and the attitudes that come out of Disney transportation cast members mouth while they are backstage or when they think no one is listening? You would be horrified.
Just one small point here and that is that no one is "forced" to do anything Disney. It is, last I heard, not a necessary item to sustain life. Everyone has a choice, if they don't use their choices in a way that is satisfying for them, then why are they doing it?

I do, however, understand what you are saying, but, to me it is still a perceived "force" not a real one. I don't stay onsite, I do not rely on Disney transportation or Disney reservations. Having a FP or not may make my life easier, but, it doesn't strike me as a requirement. There are other choices and everyone has them. What is there is made available and can be beneficial, but, none of it is required.

PhotoDave219

Just one small point here and that is that no one is "forced" to do anything Disney. It is, last I heard, not a necessary item to sustain life. Everyone has a choice, if they don't use their choices in a way that is satisfying for them, then why are they doing it?

I do, however, understand what you are saying, but, to me it is still a perceived "force" not a real one. I don't stay onsite, I do not rely on Disney transportation or Disney reservations. Having a FP or not may make my life easier, but, it doesn't strike me as a requirement. There are other choices and everyone has them. What is there is made available and can be beneficial, but, none of it is required.

Indeed.

And these days, I'm choosing not to go to disney.

Nick Pappagiorgio

In the last several trips at WDW we've stayed at the Contemporary Resort. But just for fun, at the MK closing we caught a bus to the Pop Century to see how the valve resort folks live. The chatter on that bus was mostly negative. I could hardly wait until we got to the Pop Century so we could catch a bus back to the CR and be back with our own kind.

rich-people-problems.jpg

Cesar R M

And how does anyone here know WHO the AVERAGE WDWer is?? I don't. Neither does anyone else on this forum. I know we are not average due to the number of times we visit. So what? What does that matter?

What negative hypothetical case do you mean? You can always take a cab anywhere if you need to. Doing that a few times is still a lot cheaper than renting a car for an entire week while you are there, if you are that concerned with missing an ADR.
...dodging the goalposts he himself set...

Wow dude.. woooow! no really. WOW!.

How does it feel to go through life so angry all the time? :confused:

KnkJkpk.gif

Yeah, like sarcastically lucky.. as if how could anyone else have such differing views on the matter based on your experience. You're the lotto winners...

Oh, so it's not buses are crowded... it's zOMG who in their right mind would go when its crowded or busy period. Fascinating filtering you got going on there.

So you acknowledge life isn't as simple as one bus every 10mins... yet still struggle to grasp why people have negative feelings towards the effectiveness of the system. I think its pretty obvious you are picking and choosing... and failing to put the pieces all together when people are venting their dissatisfaction.

agree with you.
Tthis guy just as been doing his best on stating a point, claiming its the only one true one... then dodging all the opinions on how picky and flawed his point is.. then change his "facts" on convenience to dodge the same opinions... then dodge again the counters by claiming "hypothetical" points and then discredit other's counterpoints again.

I wonder if he's a politician.

but yeah man. REEEEEEEEELAAAX... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom