A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

There can certainly be times that a total trip, involving multiple legs can easily take an hour. My questions for you: you are on vacation - why not just RELAX and be on vacation? Who cares if it takes that long to get to from point A to point C? Why not talk with some of the other people on the transport? We do all the time. Of course, we are not curmudgeonly and crass either, are you? Why are you in such a godawful hurry to get everywhere? CHILL!
Like Photodave said.
Hard to "relax" when the precious mymagic forces you to keep both food options AND attractions booked more than 60 days before.
Because if you do not book in advance.. you might never have the opportunity to get what you wanted (specially the food on high season)

I would love to see facts to back that up.... Or is this just an opinion? Sure their are outliner data points that this happens but their is also data points that show I waited two min for a bus.

So what is the mean? What is the truth.... It is for sure not the two or the 60 min. So what is real?

the only fact I can read from these back and forths.. is that the transportation is unreliable.
You can get good service.. but you can also get horrible service with system failures.
The same with My Magic.
And probably worsened by high load. (Where MyMagic crashes constantly on busy days)

Donald Razorduck

In my humble opinion, that would dilute the brand. Memphis needs Disney a whole lot more than Disney needs Memphis or any other Mississippi River port, I would think.

Now a Frozen Alaska cruise on the other hand . . . shoot me now. :lol

It's about offering paddleboat exeriences on the Mississippi. You know that Tom Sawyer vibe. So what ports of call would be Memphis, Nawlins, St. Louis like they are somehow inferior to Nassau.o_O

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Like Photodave said.
Hard to "relax" when the precious mymagic forces you to keep both food options AND attractions booked more than 60 days before.
Because if you do not book in advance.. you might never have the opportunity to get what you wanted (specially the food on high season)
Not hard to relax at all. Not everything is perfect in this world. Stuff happens. I understand that way too many people nowadays are just wrapped up too much, and can't relax over anything. You just gotta tell yourself to relax, and that all will be well. So you didn't get to ride Space Mountain because it was down during your FP+ time, and you won't be in the park later to ride it. Is that REALLY the end of your world? So relax. You're on vacation. Not everything is going to be perfect, but you make the best of it that you can, just like in everyday life.

As an example, we were just at a restaurant a few weeks ago, and after waiting 45 minutes for food, the server comes out and apologizes because she thought she had put our order in, but forgot. Did we get all mad and have a hissy fit? Well, no, because we don't act like that. It was an honest mistake (the place was packed), and she admitted it the error. We received our food soon after, and it was excellent. She still received an excellent tip.

gmajew

Premium Member
As an example, we were just at a restaurant a few weeks ago, and after waiting 45 minutes for food, the server comes out and apologizes because she thought she had put our order in, but forgot. Did we get all mad and have a hissy fit? Well, no, because we don't act like that. It was an honest mistake (the place was packed), and she admitted it the error. We received our food soon after, and it was excellent. She still received an excellent tip.

Very few would act this way in todays world. Sad state of the manners of todays society actually. Just as very few servers would own up to their mistake and not try to blame the kitchen etc.

PhotoDave219

No you're picking a fight. You're picking an argument. Your instigating something here. You're not the cool guy here. You're not in the right.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able to go with the flow one vacation.

Some people are forced to depend upon Disney transportation to get from point a to point B. Some people are forced to use my magic plus to schedule fast passes and dining reservations. Some people have to get to a certain point a certain time and Disney transportation is not the most effective way to get anywhere in a hurry.

You're sitting here telling people that they should just relax, they are on vacation when the system is set up against that.

Even more so, if you heard some of the comments and the attitudes that come out of Disney transportation cast members mouth while they are backstage or when they think no one is listening? You would be horrified.

the.dreamfinder

As much as it pains me to agree with him… He's kind of right on the money.

I'm not sure if @lentesta still dies research on the amount of time it takes bosses to go from point a to point B but he had previously in the past. Those numbers are out there somewhere and I recall some of them being high.

When it comes to independent research of the Walt Disney World resort, he's the authority. He's the only one who was doing it.
Yeah. Why haven't we brought @lentesta into this discussion sooner?

Katie G

I know for a fact how wrong you are.

My Bothan spies tell me that the only people who got recovery during construction were ones who complained. They also tell me that people staying in the Bungalows are complaining about the Ferry Boat horn.

Beyond that, you sound like a PR schill. You've never came across this way before, why?

As for the monorail? They're taking their sweet time in getting automated monorails to work. Keep in mind, its been at least five years since that fatal accident. My issue with them is that they break constantly. There's constant unplanned downtime like last month when the trains were down on both the Resort and Express beams at Open. Took them hours to figure out what was wrong.

Also, if i pay full rate for a Monorail resort, I expect it to be working. None of this "I'm sorry" BS.

We each have our sources. I trust my Bothan spies. I've seen the downtime plans myself and I know what was offered to guests. Now that the pool is back up and construction has been reduced, they have shifted more reactive in recovery, however they still message everywhere that construction is going on, so the guest knows before they get there what to expect. IMO, If you know about it and still pay for it, stop b!tchin'

I'm not PR either, though recently I've seen so much entitlement I might be jaded. Since I have seen the efforts provided for guests during this time period, I feel like sharing that info might make the collective "you" realize that Disney service isn't all bad. There are many people who work tirelessly to make things great, and they read these boards and see that nothing they do seems to even create a dent in the collective bad feelings you all project. I think there should be praise and recognition for the things done right as well as all the negative feedback for the things done wrong. Just want to point that out.

bhg469

I don't care about any Marvel TV show. Sorry.

And a female Jason Bourne movie set in the Marvel Universe with Scarlett Johanssen? More please.

As with that last line, exactly what are you trying to accomplish? I mean, you're comparing two different fictional universes (WDFA vs MCU) as well as target audience (kids vs grownups). You're comparing apples and oranges.

Sounds to me like you're trolling for an argument.
I assure you, you may want to reconsider. The Joss produced the shows to intertwine with the movies. In fact the episodie of shield before Avengers launched had a direct tie in. Now that he seems done with disney that may change.

Disneyhead'71

Unfortunately, Disney transportation needed an upgrade about 10 years ago, but TDO decided that executive bonuses and corporate junkets were more important.

So now it's held together with Duck Tape and pushed to the point of failure on a regular basis.

But just chill folks, you're on vacation. Maybe start a Disney Show Tune Sing-a-long while waiting on the bus to enhance your magical stay?

PhotoDave219

We each have our sources. I trust my Bothan spies. I've seen the downtime plans myself and I know what was offered to guests. Now that the pool is back up and construction has been reduced, they have shifted more reactive in recovery, however they still message everywhere that construction is going on, so the guest knows before they get there what to expect. IMO, If you know about it and still pay for it, stop b!tchin'

I'm not PR either, though recently I've seen so much entitlement I might be jaded. Since I have seen the efforts provided for guests during this time period, I feel like sharing that info might make the collective "you" realize that Disney service isn't all bad. There are many people who work tirelessly to make things great, and they read these boards and see that nothing they do seems to even create a dent in the collective bad feelings you all project. I think there should be praise and recognition for the things done right as well as all the negative feedback for the things done wrong. Just want to point that out.

I'm sorry, I don't give praise when my $300 a night room is done as advertised and meeting expectations. You get praise for exceeding expectations.

OSUgirl77

I don't get that at all. What guy would be threatened by having a common interest with girls?

Thats exactly what is dumb in the whole argument.

It seems that certain type of men (I think psychologists even classify them as "beta" or something like that ). Are the ones who try to stop any attempt of equality by Women. (its a similar behavioural pattern to those who love to put down and try to keep down the minorities).

If they are so sure about their supposed superiority, why they fear?
Why it always has to be an "exclusive" club? despite the wide range of these products (like gaming, comics..etc..)

I honestly believe these people have such weak minds/resistance/self steem.
That they genuinely feel threatened by the leverage by women or having their "private club" invaded by other groups that are not akin to what they are.
Speaking as a woman who has always been into "guy stuff" (sci-fi, fantasy, sports), I have never encountered a guy that felt threatened by it. In fact, most of them think it's cool. It's been from other women that I've encountered the most judgment, especially since I moved to the East Coast ( I guess we're all a bunch of nerdy tomboys out in the Midwest). If there are men out there who are threatened by women who know who Captain America is and watch GoT, I have yet to meet them.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In the last several years of trips, staying on property over 4 months total with literally hundreds of bus/boat/monorail rides, we have waited longer than 20 minutes EXACTLY ONCE. We must be simply the luckiest people at Disney to not have transportation problems. As a side note: because of coming to these boards many years ago (have been lurking since 2003), I actually time the buses/boats/monorails when we show up at the stop. We have NEVER waited more than 5 minutes for a monorail, and the longest wait for a boat was 18 minutes. The average wait for us for a bus is about 10 minutes.

Ok, so here you paint your experience as typical... an average of 10min waits, never more than 20mins (I'll skip the fact I guess you've never queued up for a bus at end of night at MK or something.. where the wait is largely a function of the crowd)

Ok, so your experience.. and you think others are daft for suggesting your experience is NOT typical.

Yet, you go onto highlight
Umm, Disney states for their ADRs to allow at least 1 1/2 hours to get to anyplace. If you leave it to the last minute, that's on you. Take a cab.

Reconcile these two points.

If the bus transit is 0-20mins, plus travel time.. why does Disney need to be so conservative and tell everyone to plan for roughly THREE TIMES that amount to get somewhere.

Cesar R M

Just one reason I love Nintendo, Reggie's the best :hilarious: I wonder if he'll be at Universal on opening day of Nintendo Land with other execs. Could knock a few things off my bucket list that way.

Also Iger wouldn't be caught dead doing something like this.
he probably will.
the guy rides the phenomenons that build around his persona.

Anyone remembers the "My Body is ready" ?

Cesar R M

Not hard to relax at all. Not everything is perfect in this world. Stuff happens. I understand that way too many people nowadays are just wrapped up too much, and can't relax over anything. You just gotta tell yourself to relax, and that all will be well. So you didn't get to ride Space Mountain because it was down during your FP+ time, and you won't be in the park later to ride it. Is that REALLY the end of your world? So relax. You're on vacation. Not everything is going to be perfect, but you make the best of it that you can, just like in everyday life.

huge gigantic difference in being IN THE RESTAURANT waiting for food.. than BEING UNABLE TO(as in left out) because you missed your reservation and the place was packed to the seams (with a waiting list of 2+ hours ).

I'd love to see you tell someone who just missed their precious super hard to find BOG+ reservation (that they got a year in advance).. because they got stuck in the monorail thanks to shoddy maintenance.
I bet he would punch you and tell you to have a magical day with your "relax" phrase. :hilarious:

Unfortunately, Disney transportation needed an upgrade about 10 years ago, but TDO decided that executive bonuses and corporate junkets were more important.

So now it's held together with Duck Tape and pushed to the point of failure on a regular basis.

But just chill folks, you're on vacation. Maybe start a Disney Show Tune Sing-a-long while waiting on the bus to enhance your magical stay?
Yeah man.. just reeeeeeeeeeeeelax.. who cares about your reservations! (even if you get charged 20$+ for missed non canceled no-show reservations!)

michmousefan

I'd have no problem with a Black Widow movie -- heck, I thoroughly enjoyed Agent Carter, so I'm all for more Marvel stuff like that -- but Ant Man is far and away a more iconic character and would bring an interesting new power to the movie universe.

The reality is that Marvel is kinda sucky when it comes to prominent female superheroes and pretty much the best known ones are tied up with Fox. It's nice that they are doing Captain Marvel, but when that movie is coming out seems pretty much in line with the prominence of that character.

That said, I don't get why they wouldn't market Black Window (and now the Scarlet Witch) more. It's not like you don't see the likes of Princess Leia next to Han Solo on toy shelves.
Seems like if you want @ss-kicking females in full supply you have to look to Agents of SHIELD. That part of the Marvel universe is better balanced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom