A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

Huh??? I know you don't work for Disney, and that you are in the parks a lot for your job. You live there. Why would you be taking Disney transportation anywhere? You have your car. You're NOT on vacation, so what does that have to do with the discussion about people that ARE on vacation,and need to use Disney transportation to get around? Sorry, just confused is all.
Because a lot of times they park us in lots that require bus transport. The worst is The Dopey Lot (CM Lot).

Cesar R M

Please find me one certified instance where, a monorail broke down causing a person to be so late for an ADR that they were charged as a no show, and not allowed to eat. Just one. Oh, and why wouldn't you call Disney Dining to let them know what is going on while you are sitting there on the monorail???

It's really like playing the what if games with my kids back when they were 6. They would always come up with these ridiculous things that MIGHT happen, and they would "what if" you to death.
:rolleyes:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Your story is changing. The wait times you claimed in your original post have grown to 20 minutes per leg.

You keep saying "relax" and "walk around until it is time to ____."

I think what you are missing is the cost to reward factor. There are many resorts that are priced in the same ball park with better service. You are paying the same price (if not more) to experience less but you chalk it up to "relaxing." LOL

What is a shame is that you have conditioned yourself to pay high prices for sub-par service. Sure you mention Cast Members are polite blah blah blah....that is not what I am talking about.

Don't aim too high LuvtheGoof. Glad you enjoy what you are getting for the time/money spent versus your memorable experiences of waiting at a bus stop. My family prefers to actually spend time together experiencing new things...not waiting for outdated transportation.

Before you judge others and suggest they are "crass" I recommend that you look in the mirror and evaluate yourself. Have fun waiting for those buses.
No, I never stated MY wait times were 20 minutes per leg. Can you people even read? I was detailing a HYPOTHETICAL reason why Disney says you should plan on 1 1/2 hours to get to an ADR.

If you looked below my avatar, you would see that I am a DVC member. We do not stay off-site, and have no desire to. We do not stay in a Value resort. We do not pay high prices, and since we have long passed the "break even" point with our initial DVC investment, I pay a lot less than you ever will for a resort room. We have never received what we would consider to be sub-par service at any Disney resort/restaurant/attraction. Maybe it's your attitude towards them that they are picking up on? Don't know. People can read that right away.

So how do you get around when you visit WDW?

Cesar R M

No, I never stated MY wait times were 20 minutes per leg. Can you people even read? I was detailing a HYPOTHETICAL reason why Disney says you should plan on 1 1/2 hours to get to an ADR.

If you looked below my avatar, you would see that I am a DVC member. We do not stay off-site, and have no desire to. We do not stay in a Value resort. We do not pay high prices, and since we have long passed the "break even" point with our initial DVC investment, I pay a lot less than you ever will for a resort room. We have never received what we would consider to be sub-par service at any Disney resort/restaurant/attraction. Maybe it's your attitude towards them that they are picking up on? Don't know. People can read that right away.

Then you're clearly not the one to ask about "relax". Because you're not the average WDWer.
I dont think the majority of people who frequent this site are DVCers either.

Also, for someone who uses a lot of "HYPOTHETICAL" cases, you're disregarding the NEGATIVE "HYPOTHETICAL " cases with way too ease and convenience. :rolleyes:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Then you're clearly not the one to ask about "relax". Because you're not the average WDWer.
I dont think the majority of people who frequent this site are DVCers either.

Also, for someone who uses a lot of "HYPOTHETICAL" cases, you're disregarding the NEGATIVE "HYPOTHETICAL " cases with way too ease and convenience. :rolleyes:
And how does anyone here know WHO the AVERAGE WDWer is?? I don't. Neither does anyone else on this forum. I know we are not average due to the number of times we visit. So what? What does that matter?

What negative hypothetical case do you mean? You can always take a cab anywhere if you need to. Doing that a few times is still a lot cheaper than renting a car for an entire week while you are there, if you are that concerned with missing an ADR.

Nubs70

Umm, Disney states for their ADRs to allow at least 1 1/2 hours to get to anyplace. If you leave it to the last minute, that's on you. Take a cab.

Your time is valuable on vacation?????? I have nothing BUT time while I'm on vacation. Maybe you should relax more.
Yes my time is valuable.

I have paid $4000 for my family trip.
I have spent over 30 hours planning my trip.
Between FP+ and ADR's, I have a schedule to keep.
If one is considers 16hrs/day of awake hours, I am spending $41.67/hr.
So when WDW states average wait times of 20 minutes (average means times will range from 0 minutes to 40 minutes) and I have to wait 45 min+, I think I am entitled to be ticked off.

PhotoDave219

Then I guess it's time y'all took a break from WDW. :)

There's no going back. The rubicon was crossed and frankly, its not fun anymore.

Its not fun to wait for a bus. Its not fun to be around 50-60 thousand people. Its not fun to wait in line. Its not fun to plan everything six months out. Its not fun to be on the computer six months out to book fastpasses or restaurants.

None of that is fun.

As others have pointed out, concierge at high end resorts (or vegas even) can get people into where they want to go just because theyre staying at the club level. Not so here at the mouse house.

They put all the work on the guests. And thats not right.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is. I know many WDW regulars think it's too small, but I like it. It's also nice to not have to book anything months in advance except for hotel rooms. I'm a planner, but not to the extent that one needs to be at WDW these days.
We did have to plan the hotel many months in advance to use our DVC points at the VGC. I think we only made 2 ADRs at the 60 day mark. The rest of the time we winged it. Of course, we went in early May, so the crowds were quite low at the time.

Funmeister

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You say how perfect your transportation experience is but the hypothetical you give is not?? So you say it doesn't happen but then you give an example where it can (and does)?? So what you are saying is that it DOES happen? but not to you because you outsmart everyone by "relaxing" walking around aimlessly doing nothing? Smart move.

"If we are staying at OKW, and have an ADR at Shula's, we need 2 buses to get there. So we wait 20 minutes for the bus at OKW, then ride to DS. With current construction, and traffic at night, that can take awhile. Then another 20 minute wait at DS, then the trip to Shula's. Could easily be an hour or a bit more."

"If you looked below my avatar, you would see that I am a DVC member" (a-hole? party of one?) and your many references to Shula's tells me exactly what type of person you are. Not for being a member and not for eating there...for pointing it out in such a condescending manner.

I know exactly what type of Disney guest you are as I have helped your kind many times and know first hand.

With that...don't choke on your steak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom