A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

I think you missed the underlying message behind my madness. . . You glossed over the fact that my post had no "Wood" behind "Dolly".

That last phrase may be physically impossible? 20 years ago?
You are correct... you were far to subtle. Maybe if you had said it in the following way it would have caught my attention.
WildcatDen said:
I have to admit, Dolly has me conflicted. I have heard it is equally as fun to play around in a couple of Mountains as it is to spend some quality time in the Valley.
Another question, did the last phrase "no Wood behind Dolly" also have a double meaning?

Last edited:

COProgressFan

I'm sorry that your experiences with Disney transport have not been very good. In the last several years of trips, staying on property over 4 months total with literally hundreds of bus/boat/monorail rides, we have waited longer than 20 minutes EXACTLY ONCE. We must be simply the luckiest people at Disney to not have transportation problems. As a side note: because of coming to these boards many years ago (have been lurking since 2003), I actually time the buses/boats/monorails when we show up at the stop. We have NEVER waited more than 5 minutes for a monorail, and the longest wait for a boat was 18 minutes. The average wait for us for a bus is about 10 minutes.

I would imagine you are an outlier in having such great transport experiences over so many years.

In my decades of going to WDW, I have always found transport to be completely hit or miss. Our experiences have ranged from prompt and efficient, to a near hour long wait for a bus ride that was mind-numbingly slow and on a tedious route. I have waited 3 minutes for a monorail, as well as 30. I have waited in packed monorail cars for "traffic clearance" and "resetting the computer" as well as been moved from Poly to MK in 6 minutes.

It doesn't matter whether it's been a busy time, or a quiet period, a deluxe resort, or a value, there is just no consistency whatsoever.

Some of the transport complaints can be chalked up to "public transportation problems" and a number of guests who may have unreasonable expectations of what any system can do, but a large number of these issues can be traced back to operational decisions made by management.

Funmeister

My $0.02 on waiting on Disney transportation. It always seemed to be a long wait, then we timed it. As it turned out, we never waited more than 15 min. It just felt longer. I think this is due to our excitement for going to the park.

Disagree. It all depends where you are traveling from and where you are going to. In some scenarios you are looking anywhere from 30 to 60+ minute wait/travel time. Unacceptable.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I would imagine you are an outlier in having such great transport experiences over so many years.

In my decades of going to WDW, I have always found transport to be completely hit or miss. Our experiences have ranged from prompt and efficient, to a near hour long wait for a bus ride that was mind-numbingly slow and on a tedious route. I have waited 3 minutes for a monorail, as well as 30. I have waited in packed monorail cars for "traffic clearance" and "resetting the computer" as well as been moved from Poly to MK in 6 minutes.

It doesn't matter whether it's been a busy time, or a quiet period, a deluxe resort, or a value, there is just no consistency whatsoever.

Some of the transport complaints can be chalked up to "public transportation problems" a large number of guests who may have unreasonable expectations of what any system can do, but a large number of these issues can be traced back to operational decisions made by management.
I will never disagree that they have issues at times. However, I really think that most people, due to their excitement to get somewhere, have absolutely no idea how long they actually waited for a transport. I time it every single time, and have for many years. I admit that we are luckier than most, and hope that it continues.

gmajew

Premium Member
Disagree. It all depends where you are traveling from and where you are going to. In some scenarios you are looking anywhere from 30 to 60+ minute wait/travel time. Unacceptable.

I would love to see facts to back that up.... Or is this just an opinion? Sure their are outliner data points that this happens but their is also data points that show I waited two min for a bus.

So what is the mean? What is the truth.... It is for sure not the two or the 60 min. So what is real?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There can certainly be times that a total trip, involving multiple legs can easily take an hour. My questions for you: you are on vacation - why not just RELAX and be on vacation? Who cares if it takes that long to get to from point A to point C? Why not talk with some of the other people on the transport? We do all the time. Of course, we are not curmudgeonly and crass either, are you? Why are you in such a godawful hurry to get everywhere? CHILL!

PhotoDave219

I would love to see facts to back that up.... Or is this just an opinion? Sure their are outliner data points that this happens but their is also data points that show I waited two min for a bus.

So what is the mean? What is the truth.... It is for sure not the two or the 60 min. So what is real?

As much as it pains me to agree with him… He's kind of right on the money.

I'm not sure if @lentesta still dies research on the amount of time it takes bosses to go from point a to point B but he had previously in the past. Those numbers are out there somewhere and I recall some of them being high.

When it comes to independent research of the Walt Disney World resort, he's the authority. He's the only one who was doing it.

PhotoDave219

There can certainly be times that a total trip, involving multiple legs can easily take an hour. My questions for you: you are on vacation - why not just RELAX and be on vacation? Who cares if it takes that long to get to from point A to point C? Why not talk with some of the other people on the transport? We do all the time. Of course, we are not curmudgeonly and crass either, are you? Why are you in such a godawful hurry to get everywhere? CHILL!

Tell that to my reservations that I had to schedule which is conveniently attached to my left wrist. I have to get there because I have a reservation.

Also my time is valuable. You only get so much time on this world and you never know exactly how much that is.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
As much as it pains me to agree with him… He's kind of right on the money.

I'm not sure if @lentesta still dies research on the amount of time it takes bosses to go from point a to point B but he had previously in the past. Those numbers are out there somewhere and I recall some of them being high.

When it comes to independent research of the Walt Disney World resort, he's the authority. He's the only one who was doing it.
Except we (well some of us) are simply talking about the wait time. That is very variable, and specfic to one family only. You can never make a blanket statement that the buses always run later than 20 minutes. Simply because they don't. I will agree that Len has done some good research on how long you are on that bus going from point A to point B. That is a known figure, and unless there's some sort of accident, is always pretty accurate.

For us, I don't care if it takes a 20 minute bus ride to get to Animal Kingdom. We'll talk with other folks on the bus to pass the time. That's just us. We are on vacation, and we chill out and relax when we are there. If you are not relaxing on a vacation, why the heck did you even go?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Tell that to my reservations that I had to schedule which is conveniently attached to my left wrist. I have to get there because I have a reservation.

Also my time is valuable. You only get so much time on this world and you never know exactly how much that is.
Umm, Disney states for their ADRs to allow at least 1 1/2 hours to get to anyplace. If you leave it to the last minute, that's on you. Take a cab.

Your time is valuable on vacation?????? I have nothing BUT time while I'm on vacation. Maybe you should relax more.

doctornick

There are more female characters than just Captain Marvel.

That's fine, but who? I think it would be great to have more female (and minority for that matter) properties in the MCU, the issue is that there are not great choices for projects. Personally, I think Black Widow would not be a good candidate for a solo film (neither would Hawkeye or Nick Fury for that matter IMHO) in the MCU. She's great in a supporting role though.

I'd rather see a Scarlet Witch film before a BW one. I think that Marvel dropped the ball not having The Wasp (and Ant Man) as part of The Avengers to start, but that was on Wright wanting them for his film -- Whedon apparently had them in his original drafts of the first Avengers movie. I think The Wasp would potentially be a cool character to develop and showcase, especially if she had the biological enhancements (wings, stingers).

Edit: Maybe a Thor off-shoot with Sif and/or Valkryie?

Or actually, I think She-Hulk could be quite cool especially if they have her lawyering up with stuff.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I don't get that at all. What guy would be threatened by having a common interest with girls?
Thats exactly what is dumb in the whole argument.

It seems that certain type of men (I think psychologists even classify them as "beta" or something like that ). Are the ones who try to stop any attempt of equality by Women. (its a similar behavioural pattern to those who love to put down and try to keep down the minorities).

If they are so sure about their supposed superiority, why they fear?
Why it always has to be an "exclusive" club? despite the wide range of these products (like gaming, comics..etc..)

That's one theory… The other is people being trolls just for the sake of being trolls.

I honestly believe these people have such weak minds/resistance/self steem.
That they genuinely feel threatened by the leverage by women or having their "private club" invaded by other groups that are not akin to what they are.

gmajew

Premium Member
That's fine, but who? I think it would be great to have more female (and minority for that matter) properties in the MCU, the issue is that there are not great choices for projects. Personally, I think Black Widow would not be a good candidate for a solo film (neither would Hawkeye or Nick Fury for that matter IMHO) in the MCU. She's great in a supporting role though.

I'd rather see a Scarlet Witch film before a BW one. I think that Marvel dropped the ball not having The Wasp (and Ant Man) as part of The Avengers to start, but that was on Wright wanting them for his film -- Whedon apparently had them in his original drafts of the first Avengers movie. I think The Wasp would potentially be a cool character to develop and showcase, especially if she had the biological enhancements (wings, stingers).

Choices for Marvel movies are pretty slim though......

http://marvel.com/characters/list/996/women_of_marvel They don't even list Captain Marvel right now sad.

Would love to see more included in the movies but most have always played a supporting role in the comics.

The story line for most of the woman characters have been weak and need to step up a little bit.

EDIT: But that does not change my love for the movie or the comics. Been a huge fan since I was a kid... Love Marvel comics... DC to actually but will say the DC TV shows way better then the movies lately....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom