A Spirited Perfect Ten

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
No what I mean is that if I ever go back and ever want to stay at a Deluxe? Its going to be the contemporary. Garden wing.

All for the convince of not dealing with what a PITA it is to get to magic kingdom anymore. No waiting for buses. No dealing with broken monorails. No boats that are 101 due to lightning.

Just a nice stroll. And then drive everywhere else I want.

Because I'm tired of being on Disney's schedule. "We're paid by the hour, not the trip" seems to be the unofficial motto of WDW transportation.

Yup, just quoted you more as adjunct to the topic. Probably should have quoted the post you quoted.

gmajew

Premium Member
No what I mean is that if I ever go back and ever want to stay at a Deluxe? Its going to be the contemporary. Garden wing.

All for the convince of not dealing with what a PITA it is to get to magic kingdom anymore. No waiting for buses. No dealing with broken monorails. No boats that are 101 due to lightning.

Just a nice stroll. And then drive everywhere else I want.

Because I'm tired of being on Disney's schedule. "We're paid by the hour, not the trip" seems to be the unofficial motto of WDW transportation.

One time for monorail and once for bus over 7 years of trips have I ever had transportation issues. The bus was the one that ticked me off though as I waited one morning for 45 min for a bus from GF to HS and we had reservations.

gmajew

Premium Member
It may have happened to you only once but it happens every day.

I don't doubt it happens... Monorail more lately but the point is that in the game of percent a and this being a service industry where things do wrong I am willing to bet the percent of failure is not as high as people on this board make it.

I had once out of 85 days worth of Disney transportation. Sure it should be zero but I am willing to bet even back in Walt days Disney service failed someone

PhotoDave219

I don't doubt it happens... Monorail more lately but the point is that in the game of percent a and this being a service industry where things do wrong I am willing to bet the percent of failure is not as high as people on this board make it.

I had once out of 85 days worth of Disney transportation. Sure it should be zero but I am willing to bet even back in Walt days Disney service failed someone

Yeah but back in those days, Walt made it right.

Management these days doesnt care.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yeah but back in those days, Walt made it right.

Management these days doesnt care.

I am going to be labeled as a pixie duster but I do believe they are trying to fix things. This past trip they had make improvements to the bus system with countdown clocks and a cast member at bus stops from hotels in morning keep people up to date.

With the way tech is today they will be able to make the system even more accountable going forward if they have not already with tracking and even more accurate weight times for the incoming buses.

So again I am seeing improvement in every area of the parks lately and yes it was overdue and I agree with that but I am seeing it. MK maint is way way better then it was things are getting attention they need. Main Street looks better then ever etc.

Are they done no is it where they need to be yet NO but I see improvements. I hope they continue to make those improvements to bring it back to what we all expect.

This is not new rides as we all agree things need to be done in that area.

PhotoDave219

I am going to be labeled as a pixie duster but I do believe they are trying to fix things. This past trip they had make improvements to the bus system with countdown clocks and a cast member at bus stops from hotels in morning keep people up to date.

With the way tech is today they will be able to make the system even more accountable going forward if they have not already with tracking and even more accurate weight times for the incoming buses.

So again I am seeing improvement in every area of the parks lately and yes it was overdue and I agree with that but I am seeing it. MK maint is way way better then it was things are getting attention they need. Main Street looks better then ever etc.

Are they done no is it where they need to be yet NO but I see improvements. I hope they continue to make those improvements to bring it back to what we all expect.

They announced making those changes over 5 years ago.

Funmeister

They tried this 15 years ago (not 5 years) in 2000. It was a "high tech" initiative that was first rolled out for buses. It included a central dispatch hub at T-base (transportation base) and a limited number of tv's mounted on some of the buses. It was called "Magic On Demand."

It failed miserably. It failed so bad that to this day some Cast Members deny it even existed.

gmajew

Premium Member
They tried this 15 years ago (not 5 years) in 2000. It was a "high tech" initiative that was first rolled out for buses. It included a central dispatch hub at T-base (transportation base) and a limited number of tv's mounted on some of the buses. It was called "Magic On Demand."

It failed miserably. It failed so bad that to this day some Cast Members deny it even existed.

Technology has come a long way since then, and the advancement in tracking and gps routing is way way better then the crap of 15 and 5 years ago.

Cesar R M

Sure, but do any of them have a 5 foot mouse running up and down the hallways at night? That's got to be worth something!
there is a 5 foot mouse running up and down in the hallways at night??

shouldn't the authorities know that there is a 5 foot mutant rat a la TMNT roaming in a kid friendly hotel? THE HORROR!

Skippy

a la TMNT
turtles+2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom