A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 I thought your spirited presence would have been with the lifetstylers blogging from DL's HM today?View attachment 92447

That's just a bit grotesque (No, not the Ghostly Haberdasher). What is it with people today that they have their iPhones surgically implanted? I would have been yelling at all of them. What dumbasses.

Oh, and don't really care whether this ever comes to WDW. It's fine to add it at DL in a little pandering to the fanbois ... but that is all it really is. A small thing ... I've known some fanbois ...

Skippy

Ugh....I hate those stupid turtles.
:banghead:
Would you rather..
img177_zps26cf79a6.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
Probably folks at WDI knew, but I also bet folks at UNI knew what they had planned for Tokyo with Frozen and Fantasyland. The themed entertainment industry has a lot of Chatty Cathys.

There are very, very few secrets in the themed entertainment business. People often are working for multiple masters at the same time. I know people who are working on multiple projects for both Disney and UNI right now. People talk ...

Phil12

Hey, @Lee ...remember the photo I sent you recently of how the Hub SHOULD look from the early 90s? For some reason I can't find it (Bob Iger is probably in my computer, ya know!) ... can you put it up here?

Thanks.

Oh, and that Dollywood offer is sounding better by the minute ...
I'm betting it was Willow.

NearTheEars

That's just a bit grotesque (No, not the Ghostly Haberdasher). What is it with people today that they have their iPhones surgically implanted? I would have been yelling at all of them. What dumbasses.

Oh, and don't really care whether this ever comes to WDW. It's fine to add it at DL in a little pandering to the fanbois ... but that is all it really is. A small thing ... I've known some fanbois ...

Agreed. Mr. HBG should remain part of DL lore.
I don't (personally) care if the figure had been planned for WDW too, but was scrapped. It never made it over here.
Just let it be something a little special for the DL version. There's nothing wrong with that.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've stayed at several concierge level hotels, including the W and Marriotts in major cities, and I've not experienced that level of service ever...sorry.

Then again, I don't really ask.

Concierge isn't about getting you into the latest show that you didn't book, or making you feel "rich", it's about an added level of service AT the resort.

If you stay at the Brooklyn Marriott concierge and ask them to get you into a sold out Broadway premier show, odds are good unless you are celebrity or someone with a name (not just a budget for concierge for a few nights) you won't get anything.

Perhaps it's because you didn't ask. I'm not going to say all hotels and concierges are created equally. But I've stayed at the Hilton NY (or whatever they call the one across from CBS), the Marriott Marquis and the Waldorf Astoria (when there was only one, not a chain), and they all helped get me into places at last minute or 'sold out' tix.

It is about an added level of service. It's also about doing things that you can't/aren't able to do for yourself.

WDW's are utterly useless unless you want some more cookies or the Sprite is all finished from the mini-fridge.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I wonder what percentage of guests are people who are returning less than three years since their last visit.

Or what percentage are annual guests?

Those would be interesting numbers to peruse.

All sorts of interesting questions. I'd love to truly survey each Guest at both resorts. Not possible, of course (sans tracking/data mining).

I just think many people don't realize how diverse the audience is and how different people vacation from person or family to person or family.

PhotoDave219

All sorts of interesting questions. I'd love to truly survey each Guest at both resorts. Not possible, of course (sans tracking/data mining).

I just think many people don't realize how diverse the audience is and how different people vacation from person or family to person or family.

Then why do I feel like outlying data when I visit the Walt Disney World resort anymore?

WDW1974

Original Poster
So I'm eating lunch while eavesdropping on the conversation of two ladies across the way.

One lady asks the other in excited voice, " How was you Disney trip?"

The other responded, "It was fun but......" and ended with "I think I did not get what I paid for"

Caveat Emptor

I believe that this viewpoint is far more prevalent than TDO and Disney fanbois/BRAND addicts wish to acknowledge. It's not always first-timers, either. I've heard this from people who have been five times and 25 times.

WDW absolutely isn't delivering the product it advertises and charges premium prices for.

WDW1974

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom