A Spirited Perfect Ten

GLaDOS

They are still very popular in Japan and dominate the mobile market. Their current console is a joke but regardless gaming exists beyond the us.

They're still pretty popular here too. I mean, the WiiU was horribly mishandled, but the Nintendo IPs still sell really well. Their software sells millions. They don't sell like COD or Minecraft (nothing does at the moment), but they still sell a lot.

Definitely far from irrelevant in the industry.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I haven't heard about it lately, which concerns me as I know they plan a big pyro/projection show for the 50th and one wonders if they'd open a show next year that will be gone in five. Much better to stick with a very tired show and save money, right?

Hey, @marni1971, what hears you?
It's quiet again but I know ideas are being developed. Just not to the level of it changing next week.

At least two new shows have been planned that I know of but cancelled. As you say, assuming they want to premiere something new at the 50th, every year that passes suggests they may wait until then.

rioriz

Just a simple Spirit observation and question...

Saw a recent list of your fav Orlando Parks...with all AK upgrades soon, do you see it as a fight between it and IoA as the future best parks in Orlando? USO can be closer due to Diagon Alley but still lacks "something"

Those are my favorite two due to attraction and theming...

jakeman

I was younger than 11 during my visits. My tastes have always been very expensive and high end when it comes to food however and definitely nothing has changed there. Believe what you want, but it doesn't surprise me that you're quick to zero in on any potential "weaknesses" in a statement of someone who disses Disney World (you've made yourself a bit of a track record there).
Yes, my agreeing with your assessment that Chefs de France is not good really jives with my "rhetoric" doesn't it? If we're going to talk about track records though, perhaps you could bandwagon just a little bit more? You're teetering on the edge of absurdity and I would be very entertained with seeing you go over the edge. You try so hard to fit in that you are agreeing and supporting opinions of a WDW past that no 5 year old could be making at the time.

For the record, mom is in her 60's and she feels exactly the same and was intensely upset at how far quality has dropped at Le Chefs. She's even more enamored with France and its food than I am. But believe what you like. It's a VERY common opinion among many people on this forum that food quality has dropped like a rock all across WDW property. Even @articos agreed with this comment the other day in another topic (apparently he works for Disney and is himself a huge WDW fan, but still concedes this point that many have made).
I have no issues with your or anyone else opinion's about food. In fact, in general, from the late 90s until now I agree. Although it isn't as bad as the mid 00s and is getting better in my opinion.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone following this MCO tram death story? Crazy!

"An airline passenger was killed this morning when he was thrown through the windshield of a tram at Orlando International Airport and fell 15 feet to the ground below, officials said.

The accident happened about 5:35 a.m. when the tram made an emergency stop mid-way from the main terminal to the satellite terminal, which serves gates 1 through 29, where it was headed, according to airport spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell.

Normally, the trams are automated, but at the time of the accident, an employee of the airport contractor which operates the system — Bombardier Transportation — was on board and was operating it manually, something that Fennell said happens every morning."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ndo-airport-man-fell-tram-20150508-story.html

What a tragic incident. The next time I ride that tram, I'll probably stand in the middle, holding on to a pole, versus sitting up by the front windshield.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It would be an awkward transition in such a small space to be jumping from one of those areas to the next.

Someone just had to be creative. The same problem exists in wreck it Ralph... And look at how they took the idea of a train station and power plugs and came up with a neat idea of how people 'commuted' to their game, etc

Creativity.... Don't you wish there was more of it in theme parks?

spacemt354

Chili's
Someone just had to be creative. The same problem exists in wreck it Ralph... And look at how they took the idea of a train station and power plugs and came up with a neat idea of how people 'commuted' to their game, etc

Creativity.... Don't you wish there was more of it in theme parks?
It's easy to say creativity but it's another thing to say feasibility. Two different things.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's easy to say creativity but it's another thing to say feasibility. Two different things.

More often than not... The reason someone says something cant be done is because they have not opened themselves to alternates they had not yet thought of themselves.

Its fine to say a specific idea is impractical... But to shutdown an entire library because someone has yet to devise an interesting take on how to do it? That is close minded.

flynnibus

Premium Member

As an example... What if some told you to build a ride that took people to the moon. Impractical you say... But look at how wed conceptualized that into the disneyland and the magic kingdom attractions? And later mission space.

Creativity... Think outside the lines

spacemt354

Chili's
More often than not... The reason someone says something cant be done is because they have not opened themselves to alternates they had not yet thought of themselves.

Its fine to say a specific idea is impractical... But to shutdown an entire library because someone has yet to devise an interesting take on how to do it? That is close minded.
Never said it can't be done.

And I never shut down the entire library? All I said was that it's a tight space for so many different settings. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I have faith in Uni. But I'm just basing my opinion off the information so far

spacemt354

Chili's
Not really, if you look at the early Imagineers they did not have technical background to tell them that an idea was feasible in the common sense. They worked through creativity and built things that weren't "feasible" in the days practices.
It's kinda hard to compare this to early imagineers when this project is talking about multiple video game universes and their potential inclusion in a small theme park land.

With the sudden craze of full themed lands based on IPs, everyone automatically turns to the notion that these properties will come to life in themed land setting. Compared to themed lands like in the MK where individual attractions with separate storylines are about to function in the same area because the overall purpose of the land is a broader "story and themes" than the individual film stories and themes.

It's one of the concerns I have with a Star Wars land. What worlds do you use? And how do you make a potential transition from desert, to snow, to forest? its easy to say creativity. I don't doubt that's how it's done. But I find it interesting to know the "how"

It's just a question to ponder. Uni deserves the benefit of the doubt, we'll see what happens.

Mike S

It's kinda hard to compare this to early imagineers when this project is talking about multiple video game universes and their potential inclusion in a small theme park land.

With the sudden craze of full themed lands based on IPs, everyone automatically turns to the notion that these properties will come to life in themed land setting. Compared to themed lands like in the MK where individual attractions with separate storylines are about to function in the same area because the overall purpose of the land is a broader "story and themes" than the individual film stories and themes.

It's one of the concerns I have with a Star Wars land. What worlds do you use? And how do you make a potential transition from desert, to snow, to forest? its easy to say creativity. I don't doubt that's how it's done. But I find it interesting to know the "how"

It's just a question to ponder. Uni deserves the benefit of the doubt, we'll see what happens.
Yeah if anything Nintendo Land in KidZone will be more Fantasyland than Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and I'm completely ok with that :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah if anything Nintendo Land in KidZone will be more Fantasyland than Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and I'm completely ok with that :)
Yeah I agree.

If they set it up so that it's a "Nintendo Land" and you can ride Super Mario Bros, then can go over to a Zelda attraction, just like you can ride Peter Pan, then go to Winnie the Pooh in Fantasyland, that would be pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom