A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a request, but PLEASE do not respond to the troll. I've reported him and every post where he has been responded to.

I have a parent in the hospital again this weekend and I don't have time to d-ick around with someone whose only purpose here is to screw around. Anyone who has been here more than a few months knows exactly what we are dealing with.

MerlinTheGoat

Sorry about this Spirit, I made this post before I saw your request.

Again, it has been some time since he has posted anything (not long enough sadly). There are a lot of new member here that don't really know who he. I am again well aware that responding directly to him isn't going to change his stance, i'm well acquainted with his drivel. But there are plenty of people who (due to lack of experience on the matter) could stand to gain from a clue at the kind of person they're dealing with with JT. In case for instance they take his word when he claims to be a knowledgeable source for Disney park going experience. Such as his tired claim of "Disney World is just the same as ever, it has always been a filthy broken down ghetto mess even when new."

I do occasionally get a kick out of trolls falling into their own traps and getting tangled in the messes they try to create.

So you're 26.

You would have been 11 at the oldest during your 90s trips.

While, I agree that Chef de France isn't one of the better World Showcase restaurants, excuse me if I am dubious of the culinary evaluation of someone who at the time was learning cursive.
I was younger than 11 during my visits. My tastes have always been very expensive and high end when it comes to food however and definitely nothing has changed there. Believe what you want, but it doesn't surprise me that you're quick to zero in on any potential "weaknesses" in a statement of someone who disses Disney World (you've made yourself a bit of a track record there).

For the record, mom is in her 60's and she feels exactly the same and was intensely upset at how far quality has dropped at Le Chefs. She's even more enamored with France and its food than I am. But believe what you like. It's a VERY common opinion among many people on this forum that food quality has dropped like a rock all across WDW property. Even @articos agreed with this comment the other day in another topic (apparently he works for Disney and is himself a huge WDW fan, but still concedes this point that many have made).

Last edited:

Funmeister

I have no idea what hyrule is. I've played The other 4. Look, it's just my opinion. I don't see any of those games translating into a full "land". Each could make for a pretty solid ride.

I guess there isn't enough here for a full land? I agree...maybe a full park. lol

Even though the Nintendo deal is just for the Kid Zone...I think there is enough immersive environment to justify a land for some of their stand alone properties.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-wii-u-s-open-world-is-as-big-as-the-system-c/1100-6425351/

MerlinTheGoat

I respect spirit's wishes and avoid the troll subject at his request (sorry I didn't see his request before making my last post). I give you and your loved one my best wishes and hope they recover.

Funmeister

Not every one of the Zelda games takes place in Hyrule. And if you've only played the game one or twice, you might not remember every detail...

That supports my point. If he didn't know it enough to know what it was then how can he make such a blanket statement about there not being enough of an environment to justify a land? lol

He made the comment based on not knowing. As we all know...knowing is half the battle! YO JOE!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That supports my point. If he didn't know it enough to know what it was then how can he make such a blanket statement about there not being enough of an environment to justify a land? lol

He made the comment based on not knowing. As we all know...knowing is half the battle! YO JOE!
I stand by everything I said. If the fact that I didn't know the name of the land in the game means I'm not entitled to an opinion in your mind so be it. I played those games in the 80s into the early 90s so it's been probably 20+ years. I still remember the names of the characters though. Anyway, none of that changes my opinion that the IP doesn't have the same theme park appeal as Harry Potter. Not much does. Based on the rumored footprint I see this more as a handful of standalone rides not a land based on each individual game, but I could be wrong.

articos

Again, it has been some time since he has posted anything (not long enough sadly). There are a lot of new member here that don't really know who he. I am again well aware that responding directly to him isn't going to change his stance, i'm well acquainted with his drivel. But there are plenty of people who (due to lack of experience on the matter) could stand to gain from a clue at the kind of person they're dealing with with JT. In case for instance they take his word when he claims to be a knowledgeable source for Disney park going experience. Such as his tired claim of "Disney World is just the same as ever, it has always been a filthy broken down ghetto mess even when new."

I do occasionally get a kick out of trolls falling into their own traps and getting tangled in the messes they try to create.

I was younger than 11 during my visits. My tastes have always been very expensive and high end when it comes to food however and definitely nothing has changed there. Believe what you want, but it doesn't surprise me that you're quick to zero in on any potential "weaknesses" in a statement of someone who disses Disney World (you've made yourself a bit of a track record there).

For the record, mom is in her 60's and she feels exactly the same and was intensely upset at how far quality has dropped at Le Chefs. She's even more enamored with France and its food than I am. But believe what you like. It's a VERY common opinion among many people on this forum that food quality has dropped like a rock all across WDW property. Even @articos agreed with this comment the other day in another topic (apparently he works for Disney and is himself a huge WDW fan, but still concedes this point that many have made).
I'd agree the culinary quality has slipped from the heydays. There are still some standouts - Flying Fish, CA Grill, V&A's. The food at Grog Grotto should be a step above for WDW, being new. But the food across the parks is not where it used to be, due to standardization and trying to pump out as much as possible. I do look forward to some of the upcoming additions at Downtown - STK and Morimoto should be excellent, as should Edison's project. Boathouse, stick with the steaks and you'll be fine.

World Showcase's food is decent to very good, but has slipped, to me. Coral Reef is nowhere near what it once was. Monsieur Paul is excellent. In my experience over the past decade, Chefs is decent or is poor, depending on the visit. Napoli and Tutto are consistently very good.

Last edited:

articos

Spirited Laugher of the Day:

OK, y'all (or likely a few of you) may have a recollection of Lee MacDonald. He was the publisher/owner of the truly quality publication Tales From the Laughing Place years ago. A fanzine that sorta died soon after D23 began publishing a much lower quality BRAND advocating product.

Leemac and I used to butt heads frequently on anotherdisneyplace.com's discussion boards because his views were so politicized and he always was on the side of anyone who had power at the moment. He also had strong dislike of top popular creatives such as John Lasseter and Tony Baxter. He worked as a contractor for Disney in a limited number-crunching role that he turned into a huge gadfly opportunity. In other words, he was great at sounding like he knew what he was talking on any Disney topic about because he'd take some gossip, mix in a healthy dose of industry jargon and top off with the agenda of the people he was most closely working for/with.

I only bring him up because he's been doing quite a bit of yacking (as my Spirited grandfather was fond of saying) about yours truly and the news I have broken and/or spread here on MAGIC regarding Disney's developments overseas. In other words, he -- like so many out there in the fan community and with Disney and UNI -- just can't quit me. I suppose I should be flattered.

What I find astounding is that Lee has apparently -- while putting down former Shanghai Disney GM and President of the Walt Disney Holding Company of Shanghai Mike Crawford in his typical uppity UK way -- said that not only was the Four Seasons position not created expressly for Crawford (it was) but that he himself was asked to interview for the job and declined because he lacked the requisite 'skill set.'

Yes, it's preposterous.

I'm often accused of having a large ego (amongst other large things) and being a narcissist, but I almost couldn't stop laughing when I heard of something so utterly over the top. Perhaps, he's looking for me to head back to LP.com and add some traffic and excitement to a dead site (or that could be my ego talking). But, really, making crap like that up just shows how some of the former 'mighty' voices of the Early Disney Internet Fan Community have struggled to find relevance in this decade. FWIW, my old pal Georgie K did try and get me to come and work at Disney multiple times. But he never offered me his old position as EPCOT VP, nor did I refuse said imaginary offer because my skill set wasn't a good fit. And Michael Eisner never offered me a position with Disney at all, but he did offer me some amazing Chinese food from a place in Westwood once.

The job offer Leemac is crowing about is about as real as his office at Disney's Asia Pacific HQ in Hong Kong. Yeah, it doesn't exist either.

As we have a troll in our midst yet again, I thought it was fitting to talk a bit about people who truly know what they are talking about ... and those who simply sound like authorities (for slow people that might be someone like a Jim Hill). You take a take a grain of truth amidst a desert of sand and concoct a rational sounding narrative around it.

That's not me. That's not folks here like @Lee and @whylightbulb and @articos and @marni1971 and @ParentsOf4 and multiple others I am failing to list.

Now, I need to return a phone call from Bill Davis. Maybe he'll make me head of UNI's new water park so I can take over the entire resort in 2020.
Thank you for the nice quote. Hope everything is ok with the family.

Cesar R M

Oh I agree with you there..... It's the novilty factor here. People get to say "I had the duff beer... And it was crap. So I had another!"

Just think there's a double standard at work here. We criticize F&W and the alcohol there yet we give Universal a pass on actually pushing their own branded alcohol.

Merely an observation.
I dont think both are comparable.
One is supposed to be a fair catered about FOOD and WINE.
The other is just being thematic.

MerlinTheGoat

I can name a lot of memorable Zelda locations off the top of my head. There are staples like Death Mountain and Zora's Domain, not to mention Hyrule Town and Castle. Then there are cool game-specific areas such as Kokiri Forest (Ocarina of Time), Clock Town (Majora's Mask), and the various versions of Kakariko Village. I'm also fond of the Lost Woods from Link to the Past, the Master Sword can be found there in a scene reminiscent of the Sword in the Stone.

latest

latest

Zora_River_Target_Practice.png

Lots of potential for a theme park land and/or ride.

Cesar R M

Yeah Hyrule would never translate into an immersive land. >smh<

Nintendo has some of the most dynamic locales in any entertainment property.

Zelda? Castlevania? Metroid? Super Mario?

How can you ignore those? Have you ever played any of those games mentioned above?
probably because the Harry Potter as a fixed theme and fixed places.

With nintendo, their character places change every iteration of the games.

The castles and lands change in Zelda.
There are always different castles and Dungeons in Mario.
Metroid as space stations that change a lot.
Castlevania seems the only semi fixed thing. Always Gothic terror Transylvania like castles.

Fzero seems the one that hasnt changed much. Smash Bros too.
I think StarFox is the most "fixed" of all the worlds of nintendo (always same planets involved)

Cesar R M

I have no idea what hyrule is. I've played The other 4. Look, it's just my opinion. I don't see any of those games translating into a full "land". Each could make for a pretty solid ride.
Hyrule is Link's (from Zelda) originating land in most of the iterations.

Is this the gamers forum or are we talking about theme parks?

are you dodging the question? you said you played Zelda, yet you do not know Hyrule.
Yet we're discussing he potential lands that could be added to the theme park.

:facepalm:

I stand by everything I said. If the fact that I didn't know the name of the land in the game means I'm not entitled to an opinion in your mind so be it. I played those games in the 80s into the early 90s so it's been probably 20+ years. I still remember the names of the characters though. Anyway, none of that changes my opinion that the IP doesn't have the same theme park appeal as Harry Potter. Not much does. Based on the rumored footprint I see this more as a handful of standalone rides not a land based on each individual game, but I could be wrong.

Let's hope they have a good plan to make it work.

There are some potential areas that seem generic in these games that might be the most recognizable ( like Bowser's Castle, Zelda's Water Temple or Mirror World, Metroid's Zebes planet, Mario Kart's Rainbow Road, Star Fox's Corneria..etc.. )

Last edited:

bhg469

Other than a Mario Kart attraction, or possibly F-Zero, Nintendo will be better served for meet and greets. If people really think there is going to be more than two or three attractions they obviously have been enjoying too much of the terrible Duff beer.

Jimmy Thick- People really think Duff is good? Lolz!!!
Duff dry us actually quite flavorful.

bhg469

I'm guessing this is Nintendo's last gasp to stay relevant in the industry? I loved Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, and the original Wii, but last I heard the Wii U has failed to set the world on fire. Them partnering with a major theme park, can only help.

I'm hoping for one true family dark ride....
They are still very popular in Japan and dominate the mobile market. Their current console is a joke but regardless gaming exists beyond the us.

Mike S

I can name a lot of memorable Zelda locations off the top of my head. There are staples like Death Mountain and Zora's Domain, not to mention Hyrule Town and Castle. Then there are cool game-specific areas such as Kokiri Forest (Ocarina of Time), Clock Town (Majora's Mask), and the various versions of Kakariko Village. I'm also fond of the Lost Woods from Link to the Past, the Master Sword can be found there in a scene reminiscent of the Sword in the Stone.

latest

latest

Zora_River_Target_Practice.png

Lots of potential for a theme park land and/or ride.
I'd prefer the Temple of Time myself being built as the resting place of the Master Sword. It could even act as the entrance to a Zelda ride.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Quinnmac000

Honestly, for theme park friendly and can easily cross over into other nintendo sections...for Zelda I would go with Skyward Sword's Skyloft Island. The game itself wasn't the best selling video game but it easily is the most colorful and family friendly in the Zelda universe

800px-SSB4_Skyloft.png

HW_Skyloft.png

800px-Skyloft.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom