A Spirited Perfect Ten

bhg469

Of course you do. :rolleyes:;)

I actually don't mind leggings so much, if they are the kind that are meant to be worn as pants (some are WAY too thin, but people wear them anyway), and if a top of an appropriate length is worn over them. Yoga pants are meant to be worn to workout in...they are what I wear when I workout. Therefore, keep them in the gym. :)
Or grocery stores! Don't take that away from me!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You know he will.

So, I noticed your trip count down clock. Marco Island. NICE. Went with a friend a life time ago. Do they still have Michelbob's ribs down there? Man, those were AWESOME!
Still there as of last summer. They actually have 2 locations, 1 by the Naples airport and one right on the main strip on Marco Island.

Funmeister

There is a lot of value seen in working for a company like disney. I know for a lot of college students this type of experience counts for internship credits and its a great way to get away from school for a semester without completely wasting your time. It also helps a lot in getting professional internships with Disney in the future;) In general, I believe many of the CPs bring a lot of value to the parks because usually they are big fans of disney and care about the "product" (and the ones who don't usually end up going home early because "they just can't deal").

Many schools no longer offer credit because of the reputation the program has sustained.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If I were to make a dress code for The Boathouse, it would be collared shirts, no cut-off shorts, and closed toed shoes for men. Polos, cargo shorts, and trainers are fine for this type of place. T-shirts and Flip-Flops less so.
I'm so glad you don't make decisions for Disney! The problem with that code is that it is NOT kid friendly at all. They did not design and build this place for adults only. Everything Disney has released about it says it is supposed to be kid friendly.

cdd89

After a LOT of research, I finally laid my hands on so-called "walking trousers" which have enough pockets, including (crucially) one zipped pocket... but from a distance look like a boring pair of chinos.

Between that, walking shoes and a polo shirt, you can enjoy comfort AND passable elegance as long as nobody looks too closely. I'd feel good about myself in any restaurant short of V&A in that.

This obsession with dress codes seems to be a particularly American (or at least non-European) thing though. I've eaten at tens of three-Michelin-starred restaurants around Europe and I don't even own a dinner jacket. So I feel rather entitled, I must say, to go into a theme park restaurant dressed comfortably for the theme park, not specifically for the stupid restaurant. And I say that as someone who adores Disney dining.

Disneyhead'71

I'm so glad you don't make decisions for Disney! The problem with that code is that it is NOT kid friendly at all. They did not design and build this place for adults only. Everything Disney has released about it says it is supposed to be kid friendly.
See, I wear a polo and cargo shorts with trainers to the parks. I only wear t-shirts when I am mowing the grass. I only wear flip-flops/sandals around the pool.
But I would be ok with kids wearing t-shirts.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why are collared shirts and closed toe shirts unfriendly for kids?

Yeah, my kids before they turned 21 would hardly ever wear a collared shirt, and barely wear them now. Are you asking a 7 year old to put on a collared shirt at Disney to go to lunch or dinner, when that child has probably never worn anything but a t-shirt, except maybe to go to church? The dress standards are a LOT lower nowadays. Is that a good thing/bad thing? Personal opinion there. Remember that men wore suits and woman wore Sunday dresses to go to DL when it first opened! Now, not so much. We are much more relaxed in our way of dressing in this country.

See, I wear a polo and cargo shorts with trainers to the parks. I only wear t-shirts when I am mowing the grass. I only wear flip-flops/sandals around the pool.
But I would be ok with kids wearing t-shirts.

I wear all sorts of different items to the parks. Sometimes a t-shirt with jean shorts, sometimes a collared shirt with dress shorts. I never wear cargo shorts, and don't even own a pair. I don't carry that much with me, so wouldn't need the extra pockets.

Where do you draw the line for which kids can wear t-shirts at a restaurant? 7? 10? 14? 18? How would Disney enforce that? Require ID to get into a restaurant? Not tenable for anyplace to enforce that kind of rule. And can you see all of the parents? Hey if my child can wear a t-shirt, why can't I? Doesn't make it right, but you know they would.

lazyboy97o

Yeah, my kids before they turned 21 would hardly ever wear a collared shirt, and barely wear them now. Are you asking a 7 year old to put on a collared shirt at Disney to go to lunch or dinner, when that child has probably never worn anything but a t-shirt, except maybe to go to church? The dress standards are a LOT lower nowadays. Is that a good thing/bad thing? Personal opinion there. Remember that men wore suits and woman wore Sunday dresses to go to DL when it first opened! Now, not so much. We are much more relaxed in our way of dressing in this country.
I'm completely lost as to how a collared shirt feels in any way different than a t-shirt. Does the collar annoying itch one's neck?

GeneralZod

Even with this dress (down) code, I would not even consider taking my 9 year old to a nice restaurant without a collard shirt. The only exception would be in-park dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom