A Spirited Perfect Ten

bhg469

I live in cargos. Shorts and pants. No desire to ever change.:cool:

Cargos and an occasional pair of jeans or casual khakis, that's as formal as I get outside of a funeral or some such.

Just as well that I have no desire for "fine dining." I lack the palate or the attire for it.
There is nothing wrong with them at all. I wear mostly golf shorts cause they tend to be much lighter in the Florida heat but some fishing shorts have even taken over for me, they're super comfortable and dry instantly if it rains. I don't know why that comment ticked me off so much but it's just really a lame move to say that about shorts that are clearly for sale everywhere still And much more common than those stupid skinny leg shorts that fancy lads seem to wear lately.

gmajew

Cargos and an occasional pair of jeans or casual khakis, that's as formal as I get outside of a funeral or some such.

Just as well that I have no desire for "fine dining." I lack the palate or the attire for it.

Lee I agree with you completely. No reason to wear a monkey suit....

As far as restaurants some of the best places I have ever eaten are small dumps that Chiefs have once they burn out on being a commercial chief.

Dress code anything you want. Food out of this world.

As far as Gibson I go in jeans.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have worn more suits in the past 8 months than I have the past 2 decades. And it is eating away at my soul.

Please let the suit wearing end sooner rather than later.
It has ended in most places. Even when I hang out in corporate board rooms, there's generally not a need for a suit. You must have found one of the relatively few places where suits are still necessary. Good luck escaping!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Lee I agree with you completely. No reason to wear a monkey suit....

As far as restaurants some of the best places I have ever eaten are small dumps that Chiefs have once they burn out on being a commercial chief.

Dress code anything you want. Food out of this world.

As far as Gibson I go in jeans.
And Gibsons even makes it known on its web site that you (and i) are welcome that way.

CaptainAmerica

Trouble is the 'average' american WDW guest seems to prefer dressing at the other extreme.
Far from "average." I've been here for three days and I've been specifically looking for this type of thing and it's just not what I've seen. Yes, there has been some appalling "jiggle" here and there but the AVERAGE family of four from what I can tell is an Iron Man t-shirt, an Elsa dress, a NikeGolf polo, a Minnie Mouse t-shirt, one pair of Mickey ears, four pairs of Reeboks, two pairs of Ray-bans, and four pairs of plaid shorts. Nothing appalling there.

BTW (Cap's #hottakes report from WDW), I haven't been on a monorail yet but the busses have been immaculate. I love the look of the new Hub but will agree that it's HOT AS HADES. All the air conditioning in the shops and such seems to be full blast. Disney's chicken nuggets are the same non-pressed, non-formed chicken breast meat as the strips were, just smaller pieces but more of them. I loved that I could get green beans with my lunch at Cosmic's.

CaptainAmerica

It has ended in most places. Even when I hang out in corporate board rooms, there's generally not a need for a suit. You must have found one of the relatively few places where suits are still necessary. Good luck escaping!
Yeah nobody wears a suit. Attorneys maybe, depending on the client and the venue. Even Bob Iger doesn't wear a suit unless he's going to be photographed.

doctornick

Dude, don't you dare apologize for shorts that have pockets on them. People complaining about cargo shorts irks me because they're clearly not cut off Jean shorts. Aside from that most of my expensive golf shorts look exactly the same only they are missing a pocket On the thigh.

I'm right there with you. Cargo shorts are my bottom attire of choice when in WDW -- they are comfortable and they are practical. I don't see how anyone can see them as inappropriate or classless. And while they aren't formal attire by any means, a polo shirt and cargo shirts should be perfectly fine for a nice meal at a vacation area like WDW.

BrerJon

It's overuse of CP people also contributes to skewing salaries lower, At one time CP was a chance to work with DIsney professionals and really learn something. Now it's a chance to live in a company town and shop in company stores. Hmm sounds like coal mines before unionization...

You could say the CP program is EPCOT in it's realised form.

Employees all work for the same company, live in company housing, are shuttled to and from work by the company in high tech transportation systems (well, run down buses anyway) so they don't have to drive, have their rent auto deducted from their paycheck, and free use of the facilities and amenities of that developed Florida swampland, never having the need to leave the Disney dome for any length of time.

If that doesn't describe Walt's vision for EPCOT I don't know what does! ;)

CaptainAmerica

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT is going on with the CP'ers... Back when one worked with professionals I could see it being a resume enhancer but now???.
They're either aspiring lifestylers, hardcore pixie dusters, or just want to get out of class for a semester. I don't think any of them actually forsee real professional value (aside from maybe networking towards a Professional Internship, which actually serves the purpose that "college program" sounds like it's supposed to serve).

BrerJon

I don't know what people do instead of cargos when visiting theme parks. By the time you've got phone, camera, wallet, passport, sunglasses, park maps, and maybe a USB cable for MyMagic charging... those are pretty full pockets if you're not wearing cargos.

lazyboy97o

You do at least ski in your finest tuxedo, right?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If I end up eating at the Boathouse I'll be wearing a collared golf shirt and some khaki shorts. I can't control what everyone else wears, but better to be part of the solution than part of the problem :)

I don't think it's necessarily the average guest you are pointing out. I don't deny that those people do exist, but I still think they are outliers. I bet if you go to the Boathouse on a busy Saturday night less than 5% of the customers will be dressed in tank tops and flip flops with their underwear hanging out. The average customer will probably be wearing something at least half nice and there will likely be a decent number of guests in jackets. I think the average guest knows better than to show up at a nice restaurant dressed like that. Now if you are talking just guests in general at the theme parks then the number of the lesser dressed will probably be higher.

In my example I was using the typical American WDW visitor, the non English speaking guests and the Brits tend to be better dressed

Goofywilliam

They're either aspiring lifestylers, hardcore pixie dusters, or just want to get out of class for a semester. I don't think any of them actually forsee real professional value (aside from maybe networking towards a Professional Internship, which actually serves the purpose that "college program" sounds like it's supposed to serve).
There is a lot of value seen in working for a company like disney. I know for a lot of college students this type of experience counts for internship credits and its a great way to get away from school for a semester without completely wasting your time. It also helps a lot in getting professional internships with Disney in the future;) In general, I believe many of the CPs bring a lot of value to the parks because usually they are big fans of disney and care about the "product" (and the ones who don't usually end up going home early because "they just can't deal").

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom