A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh, that'd be just brilliant... :facepalm:

Spend 2 trillion of our tax dollars to develop Patriot Bands, to always know where you are and how much money you are making.

Schools will still be using the same textbooks they used in the 1980's, and no new subjects will be introduced

The Air Force would scrap planes built in the 90's (after they were stored inproperly and allowed to decay), while bringing back aircraft built in the 1970's with no plans for anything else.

And most of the monuments in the District of Columbia will be bulldozed and replaced with wider pathways and fake grass.

It's said if the USG was given control of the Sahara desert in 2 years there would be a shortage of sand...

Goofyernmost

The part about the AstroTurf that bothers me the most is wondering how many 'service' dogs will be walked here?

Ick....

That's a great point.

I know whenever I take my dog out in the town he knows immediately what time it is once we hit the rare patch of grass. But then again, most service dogs listen to their owners much better than my stubborn bulldog :D
I suppose it's a great point unless you can tell me what is better about that happening on real grass as opposed to fake grass. At least fake grass is easier to clean up without the ground absorption and all. So, to me, not such a great point.

DisneyOutsider

I suppose it's a great point unless you can tell me what is better about that happening on real grass as opposed to fake grass. At least fake grass is easier to clean up without the ground absorption and all. So, to me, not such a great point.

Real vs. Fake is irrelevant.. prior to this there was no place in MK where people could lounge or even walk on the grass all day long.

the.dreamfinder

I think a Disney controlled government might actually be an improvement. ;)
Umm... no.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a642a2-49a8-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html
Pierson failed to provide fresh start for Secret Service that administration wanted
The resignation of Secret Service Director Julia Pierson and the launch of a top-to-bottom review of the agency Wednesday are an acknowledgment by President Obama of what he has long denied: that the force charged with protecting him is in deep turmoil and struggling to fulfill its sacred mission.

The 6,700-member agency, long an elite class of skilled professionals who prized their jobs, now suffers from diminished luster and historically high turnover rates. Officers in charge of protecting the White House say they have grown resentful at being belittled by their bosses and routinely forced to work on off-days. Some agents who have sworn to take a bullet for the president and his family have little faith in the wisdom or direction of their senior-most leaders. Those chronic woes have been amplified in recent days by revelations of a string of humiliating security lapses that have raised concerns about the president’s safety and prompted the agency’s biggest crisis since President Ronald Reagan was shot outside the Washington Hilton three decades ago.

Joseph Clancy, a retired agent who served as the head of Obama’s protective detail briefly after the president was first elected, was named to take over on a temporary basis. He will serve as a caretaker while a full review is conducted and until a permanent replacement can be found.

“Replacing the director is a good start in the right direction,” said Dan Emmett, a former counterassault team leader and Secret Service agent. But, he added, “replacing the director will not be effective unless the entire upper management is replaced. Otherwise it will just be business as usual.”

Pierson was elevated to the top spot 18 months ago to put an end to business as usual, after a dozen agents were implicated in a night of carousing with prostitutes in Cartagena, Colombia, on the eve of an official visit by Obama. But while the administration dubbed Pierson a fresh start and a new direction for the agency, she was a deeply entrenched part of its culture. A 30-year veteran of the agency, Pierson had served as director Mark Sullivan’s chief of staff and then assistant director before taking over.

Under her watch, the agency continued to suffer from systemic problems that went well beyond the embarrassment of the prostitution scandal. For instance, staffing shortages have grown so severe that the agency has had to fly in field agents from across the country for two-week temporary details, paying their travel, hotel and per-diem costs.

Pierson also rejected an internal study’s recommendations that the White House have a total of about 100 countersurveillance officers to patrol the perimeter of the complex. She suggested cutting the recommended number by a third. And Pierson had agreed to shrink key units in the agency, including the number of officers from the uniformed division who guard the White House complex.

In her 18 months in charge, Pierson also became the subject of derision among some lower-level agents for accommodating the White House staff’s wishes for less-cumbersome security over the warnings of her tactical teams.

In the spring, Pierson was irate at what she considered the excessive security measures her team had planned for the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit, which Obama hosted this summer, demanding that it dismantle extra layers of fencing and reopen closed streets, according to two agency supervisors. Supervisors who had mapped out the security plan said they were taken aback when Pierson, who worked during high school at Walt Disney World as a costumed character and park attendant, said: “We need to be more like Disney World. We need to be more friendly, inviting.”

Cesar R M

No it wasn't, your an Iger supporting, Wal-Mart shill transplant from Celebration place that supports communism and a Disney controlled government.
sHBSzHl.gif

Umm... no.
Then a mickey mouse suit wearing terrorist will murder Putin and Obama causing a third world war?
lol

PhotoDave219

Ok kids.....

So others are noticing Disney's insane lack of originality with the movie studios.

I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of CinemaSins, but Jeremy goes off on a rant that a lot of us would agree with.

(PS - Naughty language involved)

Edit: Actually.... .lets see if we can just have the link instead.

Edit2: Why is this automagically embedding!?!? Just click on the link above if you wanna hear the rant on Live Action Winnine the Pooh

Next Big Thing

So you dont like shade in 90 degree heat?
I'd rather a place to sit down. If it's that bad that I just can't stand it anymore, i'll go inside.

I've worked with all 3 major theme park companies in Orlando and have had jobs that mostly involve being in the scorching sun all day. The heat doesn't bother me, but every now and then you need to take a 15, even if it is in 90 degree heat.

Also note I said it was "top of my list". That doesn't mean that I don't think shade would be great, it means I prefer one thing over another.

Next Big Thing

If we are still talking about WDW, when I was there in February I saw more Sweeper CM's then I have seen around there for years. Maybe they were in stealth mode when you were there. :)
It's hard to walk around the park and not see one of us in the white costumes tbh. If you think there's a lack of "Sweeper CMs", then you just aren't paying attention to your surroundings.

Sped2424

Ok kids.....

So others are noticing Disney's insane lack of originality with the movie studios.

I'm not sure if anyone else is a fan of CinemaSins, but Jeremy goes off on a rant that a lot of us would agree with.

(PS - Naughty language involved)

Edit: Actually.... .lets see if we can just have the link instead.

Edit2: Why is this automagically embedding!?!? Just click on the link above if you wanna hear the rant on Live Action Winnine the Pooh
Im all for more creative and original ideas. But this dude is a tad over dramatic. Live Action fairytales will run their course, same with superheroes.

PhotoDave219

I'd rather a place to sit down. If it's that bad that I just can't stand it anymore, i'll go inside.

I've worked with all 3 major theme park companies in Orlando and have had jobs that mostly involve being in the scorching sun all day. The heat doesn't bother me, but every now and then you need to take a 15, even if it is in 90 degree heat.

Also note I said it was "top of my list". That doesn't mean that I don't think shade would be great, it means I prefer one thing over another.

Oh i give you that. In my brief tenure with one of them, I was able to get my dept to carry water bottles on stage.

Stitchon

Many of you are on this site posting nearly everyday but what you say sometimes makes me wonder why some of you are even here. The negativity in here is a bit overwhelming. It's like disney can do nothing right. What gives?

If that's all you gather from this site, then you haven't looked hard enough.

Praise is earned. There are a few recent projects (new Harambe comes to mind) that have garnered praise, and deservedly so. However, a majority of the recent projects and developments within the company have been less deserving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom