A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

Some of us don't follow the Lifestylers' every move. You can expand on this without linking.

I swear the only place I hear about what Lifestylers are doing is in this thread.

Probably because it's irrelivant everywhere else.
Not only are they not relevant anywhere else, they don't even exist anywhere else. They are a product of the envious minds of people who are upset that they didn't think of it themselves. In an ideal world what anyone does with their own life is of no concern to anyone else. Not the case here, however, anything even slightly different from their individual place in life or imagined place, has to be immediately labeled, belittled and ridiculed.

Frankie The Beer

Just a little thought and speculation about the Shanghai resort. Disney should have a banner year this year with two of the biggest movies in Hollywood opening this year. Resorts will continue to increase across the board and TV will still have the huge bloated margins.

2016 though, with no Frozen, Avengers or Star Wars, ever think moving the Shanghai resort back to 2016 could have been a strategic move designed to bloat the P&R numbers as a way to impress quarterly reports? If you couple Shanghai with Frozen at Epcot and whatever else upcoming elsewhere, you could have a spectacular year from a number crunching perspective.

lobelia

Since Disney owns ESPN and I know this thread is watched, I would like to once more congratulate and express appreciation for the efforts they have committed to televising the NCAA wrestling tournament. I am able to watch up to four live matches at a time on my computer out of eight. Connecting my comment to this thread topic is the fact that I am watching this for free online. Oh......and ESPN, please more front page coverage for these amazing athletes.

#ESPNwrestling

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just a little thought and speculation about the Shanghai resort. Disney should have a banner year this year with two of the biggest movies in Hollywood opening this year. Resorts will continue to increase across the board and TV will still have the huge bloated margins.

2016 though, with no Frozen, Avengers or Star Wars, ever think moving the Shanghai resort back to 2016 could have been a strategic move designed to bloat the P&R numbers as a way to impress quarterly reports? If you couple Shanghai with Frozen at Epcot and whatever else upcoming elsewhere, you could have a spectacular year from a number crunching perspective.

Well - it could work either way if SDL has a good year it could help, If SDL stumbles out of the gate - well P&R could have one for the record books and not in a good way.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's a partnership and why not if the main guy that has lead it's rise is still the main guy. Why couldn't that partnership carry over to a new company? Dollywood was the second Silver Dollar City before the name change.

Mainly because Dollywood and associated enterprises are run for the specific reason of benefiting the residents of her community, Amazing what you can do with a business when Wall St is not in the picture is it not?

Donald Razorduck

I doubt seriously she would sell. One of her primary reasons for buying was to take care of those in her community. They are growing and branching out into other areas as well.

Again, she doesn't run it and the guy that's led that growth would once again be at the top what to show she has to give up anything and how would it effect her mission for owning it. The park isn't going anywhere. You make it so d lime she's at the office everyday at the park, she ain't, she's the Face.

Donald Razorduck

Mainly because Dollywood and associated enterprises are run for the specific reason of benefiting the residents of her community, Amazing what you can do with a business when Wall St is not in the picture is it not?
She would still be getting her cut to do that, how does it change if the agreement she has now carries over. SEAS would be effectively managing it just like Herschend has And receiving compensation based on that. Manby clearly wanted growth. We saw that with HFE taking on management of Darien Lake and Elitch Gardens. HFE wanted more investment from the principal owners, that didn't happen so those ended. Maybe the Heschend brothers didn't to buy those parks to do it on their on after just acquiring the Rudolph IP and the Globetrotters. Those two guys are well past 70 and we know what happens with companies under the 3rd generation of family leadership Is in charge, It's often very ugly, private or public. Remember the rumors of the SEAS being broke up and sold off with HFE being interested in the Busch Gardens and Wanda or UNI in the SeaWorlds at the end of the year.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Again, she doesn't run it and the guy that's led that growth would once again be at the top what to show she has to give up anything and how would it effect her mission for owning it. The park isn't going anywhere. You make it so d lime she's at the office everyday at the park, she ain't, she's the Face.
She is just the face of the park? i think she is a bit more than that.

Cesar R M

Not only are they not relevant anywhere else, they don't even exist anywhere else. They are a product of the envious minds of people who are upset that they didn't think of it themselves. In an ideal world what anyone does with their own life is of no concern to anyone else. Not the case here, however, anything even slightly different from their individual place in life or imagined place, has to be immediately labeled, belittled and ridiculed.
M9nmJJQ.jpg

Donald Razorduck

She is just the face of the park? i think she is a bit more than that.
Oh,I know that. She has an effective management team running the day to day and She shows up to put the face on the big events and announcements and ceremonies. I still don't see how a change in ownership of HFE would effect her missions. Clearly she and HFE are making money or they wouldn't still be in it together after she bought in years ago. How her mission for ownership would change if HFE was buyout is a bit mystifying in how you are portraying it. What is she going g to do, take on all of it hrrself or get other management And... name me one that has a better track record at this point. It's not like HFE is all Dollywood here.

doctornick

2016 though, with no Frozen, Avengers or Star Wars, ever think moving the Shanghai resort back to 2016 could have been a strategic move designed to bloat the P&R numbers as a way to impress quarterly reports?

I feel pretty confident that Captain America: Civil War, with RDJ in it plus the rumor of Spider-Man, is going to make quite a bit at the box office.

Edit: Also, is the Star Wars spin-off Rogue One going to be a 2016 release?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom