A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
So is this agreement vastly different from the Tokyo parks deal in place? I was quite confused as to why you were making such a big deal about the photos but I believe I understand now. Only question remains is; why let Eisner photo the park and not Iger???

I think Eisner can photo the park as a normal citizen...but was he on a special property tour or just on open land nearby? If he was on a private tour, then I'd agree that it is strange.

Yes, that is it exactly. As is the fact MDE has many friends over there (you'll never see him look as nervous and uncomfortable as Bob did in that CCTV interview) and all it takes is having one or two in the right place and you get on site in Shanghai. He was toured by folks with both WDI and Shendi.

#firewillowbay #disneycensors #IgerfumblesChina

WDW1974

Original Poster
This has been a recent development on here. It looks like Steve updated the "flavicon" so that it shows how many pending alerts you have. I know this number changes in my bookmarks, that's likely what you're seeing. @wdwmagic, when did that change go into place? I think I noticed it sometime in February.

Yes, it would have been nice if someone had simply suggested this when I asked. Instead it appeared as if I had grown a set of horns.

the.dreamfinder

Yes, that is it exactly. As is the fact MDE has many friends over there (you'll never see him look as nervous and uncomfortable as Bob did in that CCTV interview) and all it takes is having one or two in the right place and you get on site in Shanghai. He was toured by folks with both WDI and Shendi.

There has been a Bob who was photographed on the SDL site.
image.jpg

Just not the Bob who badly needs the exposure! :)

SJN1279

A Spirited Explanation:

Bob has pinned his legacy on this park (it's hard to pin a legacy on companies that created their own amazing content due to people like John Lasseter, Ed Catmull, Ike Perlmutter , Stan Lee, Kevin Feige, George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy etc. That you simply went out and bought) and it ain't looking good at all.

I'm pretty sure that Frozen is currently Disney's biggest IP, and and it was homegrown.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well Lilly was slapping your wrist for sympathizing with witch hunts. That's obviously not what you were intending. Even if sketchy Uncle Herbert hanging around the kiddy pool is obviously what he appears to be, he's still innocent until you know when. Willow Bay on the other hand SHOULD resign because her image is tarnished, her position represents a large group of people, and the two don't mix.

Yes, I get exactly what the poster was attempting there. I don't condone witch hunts, but I also don't condone vanity hires who use their positions in unethical ways to help their own finances. And, ultimately, both examples cover the 'appearance of impropriety' that I was referring to.

Many years ago when I was dating someone we'll call 'Jill M.' she suggested I join Big Brothers Big Sisters and get a little bro because I was good with kids and loved things like sports, animation and, yes, theme parks. But I was also a late 20-something who lived on my own, kept strange hours and wasn't friendly with any of my neighbors. I could see very clearly how my life could be used against me and never opted to help the organization, even though I know I could have been a good influence on a young man.

Rightly or wrongly (sadly, it usually is rightly) appearances are more important than reality.

And people at USC had issues with what Willow's hiring looked like well before this set of circumstances arose.

WDW1974

Original Poster
In defense of the writer, he didn't have much to work with. The meeting was a real bore. I still think the chairman and CEO positions should be seperate, but that was voted down by a landslide. I guess with the stock soaring there's no way anything that management opposes will get passed, but it should have gotten more consideration.

You ask meaty questions, that's your role as a reporter. You have no other place there. If Disney doesn't let you have access or refuses to answer questions, the you write that -- and, yes, you likely make Disney look less than great. But you are not there working as a PR rep.

Shanghai is a huge development for TWDC and you need to write that even if Disney has no comment. A no comment in no way equals a no story.

Goofyernmost

The water being turned off to the globe in Tomorrowland (when it's on you can turn the globe by hand), I remember a time when every visit to WDW had something NEW not necessarily a big thing - a show, a performer etc, Now it's what ELSE has been taken away since the LAST visit. Supposedly i'm a 'hater' because I point out that WDW is not living up to the standards they set for themselves.
Just for the sake of correctness. The water was running to the globe in Tomorrowland just three weeks ago. I don't know when it wasn't, but, it isn't important because it is now and might have had a legitimate reason why it wasn't for a while before.

I don't go every month, but, I have gone there 44 times in 32 years and I always see something new. Some of the old things may be gone, but, that doesn't really mean anything does it. You cannot just keep adding without eliminating something along the way. There wouldn't be any room left for guests. It's to bad about PUSH, I only saw it once from a distance, but, it did look pretty good. Apparently though, it was an outside source that provided that character and like any other show it will eventually get replaced. The problem is that if it isn't replaced with something exactly like or recognizable as the same, then people assume that it was removed and nothing replaced it. It's all part of seeing the big picture and not just focusing on individual small parts.

Phil12

Yes, it would have been nice if someone had simply suggested this when I asked. Instead it appeared as if I had grown a set of horns.
You didn't really ask. You jumped to a huge conclusion that nefarious forces were at work to interfere with and/or surreptitiously intercept your online data. One wonders to what other erroneous conclusions you may have also jumped.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You ask meaty questions, that's your role as a reporter. You have no other place there. If Disney doesn't let you have access or refuses to answer questions, the you write that -- and, yes, you likely make Disney look less than great. But you are not there working as a PR rep.

Shanghai is a huge development for TWDC and you need to write that even if Disney has no comment. A no comment in no way equals a no story.

Fair enough. I don't know the reporter in question or the quality of his work. He could have asked some questions.

Tigger1988

You didn't really ask. You jumped to a huge conclusion that nefarious forces were at work to interfere with and/or surreptitiously intercept your online data. One wonders to what other erroneous conclusions you may have also jumped.
Honestly all the confusion could've been avoided if @WDW1974 simply posted a screenshot of what he was seeing.

I noticed the little number up top a few weeks ago but my mind never once jumped to someone hacking my computer, I assumed Steve added some new feature to the site.

Nubs70

No, 74 noticed a correlation from which he formed a hypothesis. He then sought explanation to prove/disprove the hypothesis. The hypothesis was proven negative thus knowledge was gained.

bhg469

I'm pretty sure that Frozen is currently Disney's biggest IP, and and it was homegrown.
Biggest success maybe, but star wars is by far their most valuable IP, between the two at least, by a long shot. Frozen will sell some dresses and stiffed animals but star wars is going to bring many people into the parks who would otherwise not come.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Just for the sake of correctness. The water was running to the globe in Tomorrowland just three weeks ago. I don't know when it wasn't, but, it isn't important because it is now and might have had a legitimate reason why it wasn't for a while before.

I don't go every month, but, I have gone there 44 times in 32 years and I always see something new. Some of the old things may be gone, but, that doesn't really mean anything does it. You cannot just keep adding without eliminating something along the way. There wouldn't be any room left for guests. It's to bad about PUSH, I only saw it once from a distance, but, it did look pretty good. Apparently though, it was an outside source that provided that character and like any other show it will eventually get replaced. The problem is that if it isn't replaced with something exactly like or recognizable as the same, then people assume that it was removed and nothing replaced it. It's all part of seeing the big picture and not just focusing on individual small parts.

But the thing about MK is that there is plenty of room for expansion without having to take things away...

PhotoDave219

I wonder that as well. It wouldn't be hard to get some malware on anyone's machine and explore what's on there. The Chinese are known to stomp out all criticisms. It's within the realm of possibility.

Cesar R M

Here is a simple plan... don't give them any of your money.

If other people are suckers - their money not yours.

Tears spent? Zero. Problem solved.

Imagine what the world would be like if we stopped trying to solve everyone else's problems for them.
agree, a fool and his money are soon departed.

It's not a matter of lying, it's a matter of being disingenuous. We have two individuals who are trading on the goodwill of the fan community by trying to guilt them into a second home renovation and occasional museum. We have a site, MiceChat and its owner Dusty, using its platform to choose one project over others because he gets a paycheck out of it. There needs to be a point where the fan community choose to not tolerate manipulative and disingenuous behavior. Hopefully the poor financial showing and apathy is enough.

that was exactly my point.
they whole thing seems to be a manipulative scheme towards renovating something. Something the owners will benefit alone.
Almost like a free renovation for them.

Tony Perkis

I doubt very much that there is a 30 degree swing in temps anywhere. It may feel that way at times (most likely on buses where drivers can control the temps) but it isn't that bad.

And as someone who has had to deal with mold due to water damage, I can tell you that in Florida you absolutely need to freeze folks out. You know, like it always is in say The Emporium.

Move to Dallas. We have 30 degree temperature swings all the time.

Cesar R M

Biggest success maybe, but star wars is by far their most valuable IP, between the two at least, by a long shot. Frozen will sell some dresses and stiffed animals but star wars is going to bring many people into the parks who would otherwise not come.
Lets not forget how Star War is a money printing machine for almost every front (TV series, Movies, Dance party, Events, Convention shows and of course... merchandise! )

I wonder that as well. It wouldn't be hard to get some malware on anyone's machine and explore what's on there. The Chinese are known to stomp out all criticisms. It's within the realm of possibility.
Not to mention the recent report on how the chinese already hacked successfully almost every top American corp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom