A Spirited Perfect Ten

TomP

And today BH6 surpassed HTTYD2 as the biggest animated film of 2014 worldwide. I can't believe that anyone at TWDC would still be disappointed with it. Doesn't this make BH6 the biggest action animated feature of all time?
From Variety: Last weekend, it (BH6) overtook “Tangled” as the third biggest Walt Disney Animation Studios release ever globally, behind only “Frozen” and “The Lion King.” It’s also the studio’s third largest domestic release of all time.

shernernum

the.dreamfinder

Oh look, another one...and on motley fool again.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/03/14/walt-disney-co-theme-park-could-double-in-size.aspx

And of course, while this is mostly about HK they can't help but glowingly quote the 25Million in the first year number for Shanghai...which will of course dwarf the attendance and the next busiest park.

Is someone keeping a count on how many of these puff pieces have appeared in the last 2 months.
I believe this is puff piece number 3 or 4 specifically from the fool.

lazyboy97o

Yes this is a special little deal, CCP is majority owner yet Disney has put up all the funding for the park... tag this in the "Thank You Sir, May I have another Sir" category. In keeping with SW IP "I have a bad feeling about this
...".
It's very similar to the Hong Kong deal... Disney covered the park and the government covers the infrastructure.

Cesar R M

From Variety: Last weekend, it (BH6) overtook “Tangled” as the third biggest Walt Disney Animation Studios release ever globally, behind only “Frozen” and “The Lion King.” It’s also the studio’s third largest domestic release of all time.
I wonder if this is ajusted to inflation.
I still remember that The Lion King was huge in their time, despite having less reach and less population in the world.
now with the huge influx of internet and massive ads-information instantly everywhere.. spreading the news of movies is cake.

Nick Pappagiorgio

hey people keep coming to WDW so why should TWDC invest a nickle more into WDW, Whereas in CA the gate drops as soon as paint starts to fade on attractions people there really DO vote with their wallet.

They are two very different beasts. I think that part of this is that many who come to Disney World, either have no experience with the park or no recent experience with the parks. So effectively these people are buying into the Studios sight-unseen. Also the customer base for WDW is spread out across the East Coast, Midwest, South and Europe, you don't have the potential for word-of-mouth reviews like in CA where a lot of people know someone who has been to the parks or have been there in the last couple years. People need information to know that a park is bad.

The Empress Lilly

The $1.1 billion is from the make-over that finished three years ago. Not a new 1.1 billion. 'Saw' is a clue here, as is 'after' - they denote past tense. Although admittedly the sentence is very long; the LA Times ought to bear in mind that some readers might get very confused midway and lose track in having to process all that information at once.

The Condor Flats face-lift is the latest attempt by Disney brass to reimagine DCA after a $1.1 billion makeover that saw the additions of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street and significant changes to Paradise Pier.​

flynnibus

Premium Member
Doesn't this make BH6 the biggest action animated feature of all time?

Biggest film released under a full moon... by a costume director with a 8 letters in their name...

When did we start distinguishing between 'action' animation and everything else animated?

These revenue things are just trophy titles. The bigger the film market gets, the more regions we count, and ticket inflation means every film in the future will ultimately be 'bigger' than those in the past.

Rodan75

I get the impression if the films don't start a franchise, the sharp pencil boys think they are failures.

It seems to have done enough to trigger franchise expectations. To be a franchise though, they need to do more with it. Any other animation studio would have pushed this hard into a franchise. I think once they get off the Frozen high they will revisit BH6. And heaven forbid the next two Pixar movies come in less than BH6, the press will have a field day.

Rodan75

I get the impression if the films don't start a franchise, the sharp pencil boys think they are failures.

It seems to have done enough to trigger franchise expectations. To be a franchise though, they need to do more with it. Any other animation studio would have pushed this hard into a franchise. I think once they get off the Frozen high they will revisit BH6. And heaven forbid the next two Pixar movies come in less than BH6, the press will have a field day.

Cesar R M

Biggest film released under a full moon... by a costume director with a 8 letters in their name...

When did we start distinguishing between 'action' animation and everything else animated?

These revenue things are just trophy titles. The bigger the film market gets, the more regions we count, and ticket inflation means every film in the future will ultimately be 'bigger' than those in the past.
considering the price increases everywhere, specifically in disney parks and hotels.. no surprise.

The Empress Lilly

I think the tweet by the author made it sound like that.

https://twitter.com/latimesfunland/status/576790287877599232
The tweet says the $1 billion is the same makeover. 'Continues' is a clue here - it denotes there is something already existing. Although admittedly tweets are medium long texts; Twitter ought to bear in mind that even 140 characters might still get some readers very confused midway and lose track in having to process all that information at once.

$1B DCA makeover continues with conversion of Condor Flats from barren desert to forested mountaintop​

Nubs70

The tweet says the $1 billion is the same makeover. 'Continues' is a clue here - it denotes there is something already existing. Although admittedly tweets are medium long texts; Twitter ought to bear in mind that even 140 characters might still get some readers very confused midway and lose track in having to process all that information at once.

$1B DCA makeover continues with conversion of Condor Flats from barren desert to forested mountaintop​
What??? To properly convey meaning, one may need to use more than 140 characters?? Oh what has the world come to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom