A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Phase 2 was never on the level of the original expansion. There are multiple projects in development for DCA, but they will not all be funded at the same time, as the first round of expansion was. The Grizzly Peak Airfield, Hollywoodland retheme, Marvel coaster, Paradise Pier additions; all are in development for DCA. Some will get the green light, some will not. So no, they are not moving forward with a formal "Phase 2." There are, however, projects in development that will happen over the next decade or so that fans will lump into a sort of "phase 2."

Actually, behind the scenes it was. But Iger and Co. Determined that they had fixed DCA with the first phase. What is being done now is cosmetic cleanup largely, not the MAJOR projects planned.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Incorrect, Disney splits the capital costs with SHENDI. However, we don't know if that's also the case with the mysterious $800 million.

It was supposed to be the same 57/43 split. But very little with that project is what it seems.

Next story business media who 'cover' Disney will ignore: Imagineers demanding to be sent home due to respiratory ailments from working in such smoggy and polluted conditions.

Again, if you think there is a free press today in the USA that doesn't answer to our government and Big Business, you are as naive as a fanboi who gets told he has talent by an Imagineer.

#firewillowbay #disneycensors #IgerfumblesChina

WDW1974

Original Poster
And today BH6 surpassed HTTYD2 as the biggest animated film of 2014 worldwide. I can't believe that anyone at TWDC would still be disappointed with it. Doesn't this make BH6 the biggest action animated feature of all time?

What does that mean? What do the numbers even mean? Do they account for inflation? What about IMAX?

Clearly the film has been very successful (one would hope Disney appreciates that), but I think way too much can be read into them without context.

WDW1974

Original Poster
There has been a Bob who was photographed on the SDL site.
View attachment 86939
Just not the Bob who badly needs the exposure! :)

Yep, the same Bob that Michael fired after the Disney's America fiasco. The same Bob that some in the company are already actively trying to scapegoat for issues caused far above his pay grade in the exec suites and in the negotiations with Beijing that netted the resort. Shame as he is a nice, decent and talented man.

WDW1974

Original Poster
You didn't really ask. You jumped to a huge conclusion that nefarious forces were at work to interfere with and/or surreptitiously intercept your online data. One wonders to what other erroneous conclusions you may have also jumped.

No, I didn't. I wondered and asked. Apparently, no one could offer the simplest explanation (you know the one I am constantly told is almost always the right one).

As to erroneous conclusions, once again I'll let my record stand for itself. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and demanding they take part in this discussion. But do understand that I am often , and this would be a case, privy to information and knowledge that others are not. It's always easy to attack the messenger when you find the message distasteful or you have an agenda of your own.

Bryan W

Which situations are you asking about?
If you could magically make anything possible, would you have Willow fired for her involvement in the HuffPo piece being pulled, then out Bob's involvement to get him to resign as well? What would be the best case scenario in your opinion? EDIT: How do you want this to end?

If a picture of Bob in front of a crane at SDL suddenly appeared, would it be good or bad? Would it give wall street confidence in the project? (confidence they don't yet know they need) What message would that send to top officials in China? If you could, would you stop the SDL project?

If you were given a position of endless power over any aspect at Disney, what would your top changes be on your first day?

I really enjoy reading your posts. Just curious what direction you would take the company. Thanks. :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Here is a simple plan... don't give them any of your money.

If other people are suckers - their money not yours.

Tears spent? Zero. Problem solved.

Imagine what the world would be like if we stopped trying to solve everyone else's problems for them.

A dangerous line of thinking if followed to its logical conclusion.

As to this particular situation, @the.dreamfinder isnt policing the Internet, or strangers use of monies. He's simply providing another view point on what he believes to be a sketchy situation. That's a good thing, IMO. It could all be resolved with some simple answers from the individual's conducting e fund raiser. In the absence of these answers, it's fair to question their true intentions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A dangerous line of thinking if followed to its logical conclusion.

Not really - make the knowledge available (which he has) and let people consume it. There is a huge difference between surfacing something... and evangelizing the message.

Let people know the info is out there and there is a different perspective - Check.
Chasing everyone and trying to force them to digest the info and change their mind - No. We need to stop trying to save everyone from themselves.

Goofyernmost

Saw this today and thought that if might fit in well with this discussion:

dt150316.gif

Lee

Adventurer
If you could magically make anything possible, would you have Willow fired for her involvement in the HuffPo piece being pulled, then out Bob's involvement to get him to resign as well?
I'm on board with that scenario.
here in Tennessee two weeks ago we had a mid 70's day and the next day we were out of school for wintry weather
Oh, yes...that was a fun week, wasn't it? From short sleeves to slipping on ice and snow in under 36hrs.
And Spirit makes fun of our weather adventurers...:rolleyes:

SJN1279

Biggest success maybe, but star wars is by far their most valuable IP, between the two at least, by a long shot. Frozen will sell some dresses and stiffed animals but star wars is going to bring many people into the parks who would otherwise not come.

I don't disagree that Star Wars has the potential to be the biggest IP. At this moment however, Frozen is the most successful. That may change December 2015. I can't wait to see.....

WendyGirl1979

agree, a fool and his money are soon departed.
that was exactly my point.
they whole thing seems to be a manipulative scheme towards renovating something. Something the owners will benefit alone.
Almost like a free renovation for them.
My thing about this whole shebang is the 'we're not directly affiliated, even though this is our boss' thing' that they have going on. Like, the 'official' press releases use Todd (whatever) as the director, with no mention of 'otherwise known as Dusty Sage' so if you didn't know the two names are linked, you'd never find out from them. I don't have anything against them raising money, but as Spirit says, make everything transparent and you'll avoid needless complications.

flynnibus

Premium Member
"The cloud" is a horrible idea. You're inviting people to steal your information that way.

On-prem has become so pourous that really doesn't matter unless you are the kind of org that lives off the net.. which nearly every commercial entity does not. The one thing about the cloud is.. while another group doing security for you is not impervious to fault... I can pretty much assure you its going to be more up to date than the vast majority of on-premise hosted stuff.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wonder that as well. It wouldn't be hard to get some malware on anyone's machine and explore what's on there. The Chinese are known to stomp out all criticisms. It's within the realm of possibility.

It's why AdblockPro, Flashblock and NoScript are installed on my machines, No media autoplay (YAY!) but also no stealth scripts runninng it's quite educational to see all the 'f' logos on pages you are would not expect Flash to be running on.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
On-prem has become so pourous that really doesn't matter unless you are the kind of org that lives off the net.. which nearly every commercial entity does not. The one thing about the cloud is.. while another group doing security for you is not impervious to fault... I can pretty much assure you its going to be more up to date than the vast majority of on-premise hosted stuff.

Agree - but you should still encrypt your data before pushing it to the cloud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom