A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Is the issue that we have no pictures of Bob at SDL, or that we suspected he hadn't been... Because they acknowledged he was there a month ago during the meeting.

I don't see the big issue around witholding press pictures, I can see reasons from both sides (Shendi and Disney) that they are 'attempting' to keep things under wraps still.

Before we make the argument that Disney never would skip the opportunity to flaunt pictures... Bob visits the U.S. based parks sometimes and no official acknowledgment is made. Such as the recent tour of DHS. We only knew because @marni1971 was there to capture it.

The issue is that Disney hasn't put out (because Shendi won't allow it and Disney and Iger would look horrible if the REAL press did its damn job and reported it!) a photo of Iger, Staggs or Rasulo ... or even Mickey Mouse at the start of construction for the castle or the topping off of the hotel because this park IS NOT DISNEY'S. It is the CCP's Disney Park and Bob Iger isn't in charge, regardless of what any contracts say.

The only thing being kept under wraps is what Bob had to give up in order to get into China. His predecessor (who has been photographed on site in front of attractions that Disney has yet to announce) would never have signed or agreed to this deal. All control goes thru Shendi/Beijing and the most important aspect to growing a BRAND, media penetration via television and film, was never part of the deal Iger agreed to.

It's his legacy alright. But what Wall Street and fanbois fail to grasp is what it really means.

And our wonderful business press will ignore this story even if you drop a piano on their heads. So, Bob just continues to openly lie and claim things that are not true and no one that doesn't spend time in China isn't the wiser.

But I need to run ... y'all have MAGICal Fridays!

#firewillowbay #disneycensors #IgerfumblesChina

Cesar R M

See, the problem with journalism today is you have Brooks Barnes travel from NY (or possibly LA, not sure where he was immediately prior to this) to San Francisco for the shareholders meeting and this is what you get: a story that couldn't have read more pleasing to Disney CEO Bob Iger if he had his PR Dept pen it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/b...0150313&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58490726&_r=0

speaking of blatant Journalist censorship.

There as been many firings lately in different media outlets in my country ( Mexico) because they were targeting our idiotic president (who has acted like babblering monkey infront of Obama and the queen of England.. a man who cant even speak basic english) for his antics and corruption stories.

Its a huge deal, because general public are starting to get very angry at the current affairs of state.

Cesar R M

You need, in Florida, to err on freezing folks out sometime, rather than having them sweat. The ONLY theme parks on the planet that I have ever been in and been warm to hot to downright uncomfortable have been at WDW over the past 15 or so years.

They used to keep the AC cranking 24/7 and now they shut them off nightly (or did when last I asked). Do you know how hard it is to cool a massive showbuilding down in the morning when you've had the AC off for 8-9-10 hours in 80 degree weather with 80 percent humidity?

You just deal with being cold sometimes (as happens at UNI ... and even at DLR). Hell, it was 87 here earlier and then a shower came in and cooled it to a 'frigid' 76. Guess what, when you come into a building properly AC'd to 68-70 degrees from sticky condition, you will feel cold. I am right now. But it sure beats having it be 82 in here.

Well, because you're accustomed to cold temperatures right?

anyway, disagree with you again.
there is a huge difference in comfortable... vs freezing cold or sweating hot.
huge differences of 40C outside then to 10C inside will get anybody with a heavy cold or worse..

stevehousse

So is this agreement vastly different from the Tokyo parks deal in place? I was quite confused as to why you were making such a big deal about the photos but I believe I understand now. Only question remains is; why let Eisner photo the park and not Iger???

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So is this agreement vastly different from the Tokyo parks deal in place? I was quite confused as to why you were making such a big deal about the photos but I believe I understand now. Only question remains is; why let Eisner photo the park and not Iger???

I think Eisner can photo the park as a normal citizen...but was he on a special property tour or just on open land nearby? If he was on a private tour, then I'd agree that it is strange.

lazyboy97o

Very different. Tokyo Disney Resort is 100% owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company. The Chinesr parks are a joint ownership between Disney and the local government, with the government being the majority owner, and Disney operating the parks.

RSoxNo1

The browser changes, obviously, depending on what device I am using. The thing that I believe is odd is that this has been happening for only a little over a week now and it is on anything I use, but only for this site. I am using a computer now in a public place that I have NEVER used to post (or even read MAGIC before) on. Yet, I see a (3) before it tells me the page I am on. And this is the third post I will have made today.

Just weird.

This has been a recent development on here. It looks like Steve updated the "flavicon" so that it shows how many pending alerts you have. I know this number changes in my bookmarks, that's likely what you're seeing. @wdwmagic, when did that change go into place? I think I noticed it sometime in February.

Smiddimizer

I used an extreme example to show that appearances do matter. In many cases, both my 'hyperbolic' example and the Willow Iger situation, they matter more -- or perhaps, matter more to more individuals would be a better way of framing it -- than whether any wrongdoing actually took place.

Well Lilly was slapping your wrist for sympathizing with witch hunts. That's obviously not what you were intending. Even if sketchy Uncle Herbert hanging around the kiddy pool is obviously what he appears to be, he's still innocent until you know when. Willow Bay on the other hand SHOULD resign because her image is tarnished, her position represents a large group of people, and the two don't mix.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

GoofGoof

Premium Member
See, the problem with journalism today is you have Brooks Barnes travel from NY (or possibly LA, not sure where he was immediately prior to this) to San Francisco for the shareholders meeting and this is what you get: a story that couldn't have read more pleasing to Disney CEO Bob Iger if he had his PR Dept pen it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/b...0150313&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58490726&_r=0

In defense of the writer, he didn't have much to work with. The meeting was a real bore. I still think the chairman and CEO positions should be seperate, but that was voted down by a landslide. I guess with the stock soaring there's no way anything that management opposes will get passed, but it should have gotten more consideration.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Of course he does.

I had two friends at the meeting (supposed to have three, but one isn't all that healthy and was concerned about parking/walking issues). They were ready to ask meaty questions. One, apparently, got close to a mic. The other didn't.

I am starting to think that you either need to use a kid (such as Doobie and Rebekah's little Gideon) ... or dress like a crazy geek. The Horizons tee, the pin lanyards, the made-at-home ''Bob Iger Ears'' hat. Then, you'll get to ask a question and you can nail him ... because the last 4-5 years have just been painful. And as someone who has been to about 8-9 meetings, I can tell you that there was a time when the crazies asking questions were in the minority.

Do they pre-screen questions? It didn't seem like it based on the crazy stuff that got through. The figment guy, the pin trading guy and the guy whose gift card didn't work were just ridiculous. This is supposed to be a Q&A for shareholders to ask questions about the company and the way it's run, not a chance to make the CEO play customer service rep. I guess the kids asking questions was mildly cute, but a waste of time.

BrerJon

Do they pre-screen questions? It didn't seem like it based on the crazy stuff that got through. The figment guy, the pin trading guy and the guy whose gift card didn't work were just ridiculous. This is supposed to be a Q&A for shareholders to ask questions about the company and the way it's run, not a chance to make the CEO play customer service rep. I guess the kids asking questions was mildly cute, but a waste of time.

I'm pretty sure they pumped pixie-dust through the vents to make sure everyone was too high to ask anything sensible.

Cody5294

Just saw the new Cinderella film with my wife and its actually quite good. Honestly, its really good. Should have known it would be with Kenneth Branagh directing as the man is an outstanding film maker. I won't be shocked if it makes a billion, much better than Maleficent.
I saw it a few hours. Just a beautiful movie. Best live action Disney since the first Pirates

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom