A Spirited Perfect Ten

Magenta Panther

Just saw the new Cinderella film with my wife and its actually quite good. Honestly, its really good. Should have known it would be with Kenneth Branagh directing as the man is an outstanding film maker. I won't be shocked if it makes a billion, much better than Maleficent.

I think there's a hunger out there for a film like this. I think it's gonna be HUGE.

Rasvar

As for Boba Fett, he is like the Orange Bird. Cool and stuff, but it escapes me why they should've gained such cult status among fans. All because Boba shows how he's got swag by nodding his head slowly to Vader? Pft. I cheered when he went down like a little girl in Jedi. (Although outwitting the Falcon in the rubbish was cool, fair play to him)

Truthfully, I always thought his fame came from the Holiday Special that doesn't exist.
http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/s...5/Star-Wars-Holiday-Special-Boba-Fett-Cartoon

WDW1974

Original Poster
See, the problem with journalism today is you have Brooks Barnes travel from NY (or possibly LA, not sure where he was immediately prior to this) to San Francisco for the shareholders meeting and this is what you get: a story that couldn't have read more pleasing to Disney CEO Bob Iger if he had his PR Dept pen it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/b...0150313&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58490726&_r=0

#firewillowbay #disneycensors #IgerfumblesChina

WDW1974

Original Poster
It depends on your point of view too.
I really hate when the buildings are way too cold.
Its ok to have AC, but not to be 5-10 Celsius when outside is near 40C.
This can get you ill FAST.

this was a very common occurrence in the buses.
Despite some days being very cold (5-10C) on WDW on Feb, some buses still had the AC cranked to max.. the bus drivers of course.. had their amazing snow-day suits while the visitors were trembling.

You need, in Florida, to err on freezing folks out sometime, rather than having them sweat. The ONLY theme parks on the planet that I have ever been in and been warm to hot to downright uncomfortable have been at WDW over the past 15 or so years.

They used to keep the AC cranking 24/7 and now they shut them off nightly (or did when last I asked). Do you know how hard it is to cool a massive showbuilding down in the morning when you've had the AC off for 8-9-10 hours in 80 degree weather with 80 percent humidity?

You just deal with being cold sometimes (as happens at UNI ... and even at DLR). Hell, it was 87 here earlier and then a shower came in and cooled it to a 'frigid' 76. Guess what, when you come into a building properly AC'd to 68-70 degrees from sticky condition, you will feel cold. I am right now. But it sure beats having it be 82 in here.

WDW1974

Original Poster
He had to get on a plane to write this? I heard enough on the audio on this site to write that puff. Hope he at least went to Fisherman's Wharf so the trip was not wasted.

There is a SF dateline on the piece and the NYT doesn't allow writers to place those on if they weren't actually there (see the Jayson Blair debacle)!

lazyboy97o

The browser changes, obviously, depending on what device I am using. The thing that I believe is odd is that this has been happening for only a little over a week now and it is on anything I use, but only for this site. I am using a computer now in a public place that I have NEVER used to post (or even read MAGIC before) on. Yet, I see a (3) before it tells me the page I am on. And this is the third post I will have made today.

Just weird.

That sounds like it is the new feature where the number of alerts you have appears in the browser tab.

WDW1974

Original Poster
That is so hyperbolic it changes the issue.

I wouldn't compare it to pedophilia either. None of this is criminal, proper due process isn't really a card here. Businessmen, deans, politicians, studio heads, plenty of professionals are forced to step down in response to scandals, regardless of how immediate their involvement was.

I used an extreme example to show that appearances do matter. In many cases, both my 'hyperbolic' example and the Willow Iger situation, they matter more -- or perhaps, matter more to more individuals would be a better way of framing it -- than whether any wrongdoing actually took place.

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, I think the tech mystery may be sorta solved. I think the number is a combination of how many alerts I have mixed with how many PMs/Conversations are active. I still have no clue why I am seeing this, but it seems to be that.

lazyboy97o

Nope. It is showing an (8) now. I just posted my 8th post of the thread/day. I have no clue why this is happening or what value it would possibly have. But not one person here has told me ''Yep, I have the same thing.'' And that is why I find it odd.

It's kind of hard to know without seeing what you are seeing. Somebody compromising WDWMagic for public information and also not fixing the issues is a bit more out there in terms of plausibility.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I think Bob prefers the crazies over actual questions.

Of course he does.

I had two friends at the meeting (supposed to have three, but one isn't all that healthy and was concerned about parking/walking issues). They were ready to ask meaty questions. One, apparently, got close to a mic. The other didn't.

I am starting to think that you either need to use a kid (such as Doobie and Rebekah's little Gideon) ... or dress like a crazy geek. The Horizons tee, the pin lanyards, the made-at-home ''Bob Iger Ears'' hat. Then, you'll get to ask a question and you can nail him ... because the last 4-5 years have just been painful. And as someone who has been to about 8-9 meetings, I can tell you that there was a time when the crazies asking questions were in the minority.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's kind of hard to know without seeing what you are seeing. Somebody compromising WDWMagic for public information and also not fixing the issues is a bit more out there in terms of plausibility.

Mystery has been solved. Mostly. It is alerts mixed with PMs appearing in the bar.

So, you were right. I wish you or someone else had explained this new 'feature' yo me when I first mentioned it. But if it added to people knocking my cred, let em enjoy themselves!

EDIT: to thank @lazyboy97o for solving my tech issue.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom