A Spirited Perfect Ten

Dads 2 Boys

That's pure 'net conjecture. I know people involved with the deal on the Chinese side and pandas were never on the table. I'm not even sure that Disney ever broached the subject. It's more of a would like to have them from some fans online.

I have nothing against pandas. I love animals of all kinds. And they can be cute. But having seen plenty of them various times in China,well, I'll say that I think they are overrated as an animal to observe in a park.

You may see them one day at DAK, but it won't have anything to do with SDL.

Thanks for the info.

bhg469

I never understood closing hotel bars so **** early, and I still don't.

Of course, this is a company too cheap to put out bar snacks and even removed the Sam's Club ones from Mizner's at their wannabe 5-star Grand Flo.

No, I don't get how this company does 'business' ...
Bar closing early is not restricted to wdw though. When the MLB all star game was in NY, we were in our hotel bar in astoria when it closed at 11. The bar was packed and no one was being rowdy, it was during the lead up to the game so the only patrons were MLB employees and delighted from other teams....

It is just poor planning. They know there are a lot of people in and around the hotel, plan ahead and boom! You have happy customers.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Even worse, the starting price for the annual Maintenance Fees along with the points-per-night requirements at the 2 newest DVC resorts means that it will take decades at least for most DVC purchasers to reach the magical "break-even point"; the points at which DVC starts saving money.

Switch your stays to the "lesser" Deluxe Resorts such Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Wilderness Lodge, and most of you will never see any savings from a DVC purchased directly from Disney.
Id really like to see how their sales people would react to this type of math being brought up while theyre making their pitch. How would they counter that? Probly just resort to fail safe tactics and show you a picture of grandpa on Dumbo and offer you a free cup cake

Ariel1986

I take it you've never traveled in international first class, right?

Actually, being from the UK- and various places over the Atlantic taking 8-12 hours to travel too- yes, I have traveled international first class. (Those Virgin Atlantic flying club miles come in handy to make someone other than yourself become a faux 1%er ;)).

Those fully-reclining-into-bed seats (and the extras) are indeed spacious and a luxury- especially after since having had to go back to economy for a recent journey! But at an average cost per person of £2k/$3k - £4k/$6k for a return journey, there is no way you can say that if you took those fully reclining seats (let alone the many first class seats on other planes that don't fully recline, and which still come with a very large price tag) and placed them next to a real luxury reclining chair/sofa etc that is made for the home and costs the same or much less, that there is any comparison.

You could buy a whole living room set- or even a whole other holiday/vacation (or hey, a couple of nights in these bungalows ;)) for the price of some first class seats! I would never pay the actual cash price for first class- not until the cost was a much, much smaller percentage of my travel plans and/or income. But, I can see why people would- and why people do along with those that can actually drop cash like that.
But my point was you can't compare these seats just like you can't compare an accommodation made for guests at a theme park resort to a beach resort in Bora Bora.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some people. Now, I generally agree with your point ... but I'm sure there are people who stay at the Poly who could go to Hawaii and Polynesia and never will because they think ''Disney is close enough'' and it feels safer to them.

I've heard people talk about having no need to travel abroad after visiting the World Showcase, which is the exact opposite of what the place is supposed to inspire. I love WS ... but I also am happy to say that I have been to all the nations represented there with two exceptions and nothing beats the real thing.

Well yes, people can be stupid. But there are stupid people everywhere- I've heard of people (and know of people) who have never left England- and we are an hours plane/train/boat away from France and the rest of Europe! Of course WS is meant to inspire- I love WS. I have been to all but 4 of the countries represented. I can't imagine supplementing a themed land for visiting an actual country, but I'm sure there are people that do.

I don't think that this quite works with the argument about these new bungalows though- I can't imagine many, if any of the people who are dropping the cash/saving for years/using points/renting points for them are doing so *solely* because "Hey, it will be just like being in Bora Bora" and therefore negating them having to ever visit Bora Bora or somewhere similar.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
By the way the built in GPS on this won't allow you to fly it into no fly zones (airports, military bases, over government buildings) Places where the FAA says you can't fly. Not where private companies don't want you to go. Apparently WDW isn't a no fly zone

That depends on the drone system you purchase, the more advanced GPS kits for DIY drones don't limit where you can fly.

71jason

Of course, this is a company too cheap to put out bar snacks and even removed the Sam's Club ones from Mizner's at their wannabe 5-star Grand Flo.

Minor news update, bar snacks have returned (no longer nuts, more of a wasabi pea mix). Interestingly, the person I believe responsible for fighting for its return made his Disney bones on DCL of all places ... the one place in P&R where customer service is still paramount.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
By the way the built in GPS on this won't allow you to fly it into no fly zones (airports, military bases, over government buildings) Places where the FAA says you can't fly. Not where private companies don't want you to go. Apparently WDW isn't a no fly zone

WDW is a PERMANENT NO FLY ZONE (technically a TFR or 'temporary flight restriction') from 0-3000 AGL, IDIOT disabled his GPS so he COULD fly this where it's not allowed to fly. It's noted on the JAX sectional chart as well for the pilots out there, Below is a copy of the NOTAM (Notice to Airmen)

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

Guys like this give other UAV hobbyists a REALLY bad name.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It used to be low pressure sales when we bought our membership in 2003. But, later when VGC sales started...what a difference! They almost dragged us up the stairs to the sales office.

I'd have to agree the last low pressure sales were for the THV's would have liked to buy in but they were too expensive even then.

WildcatDen

Spirited Golden Globes Musings:
So, today's disaster of the day: a waterfall pouring out of the ceiling of my garage. Whatever ...
Well, you know what they say, when it rains, it pours. . .

Sorry, kind of had to. Hoping you have nowhere to go but up for an extended period of time. . .

roj2323

WDW is a PERMANENT NO FLY ZONE (technically a TFR or 'temporary flight restriction') from 0-3000 AGL, IDIOT disabled his GPS so he COULD fly this where it's not allowed to fly. It's noted on the JAX sectional chart as well for the pilots out there, Below is a copy of the NOTAM (Notice to Airmen)

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

Guys like this give other UAV hobbyists a REALLY bad name.

DAK is outside the 3 nautical mile circle.
http://i.imgur.com/6SMrm0F.jpg

Do I think flying over the site was Irresponsible, Yes I do, but the Drone pilot was not inside the TFR and thus he wasn't flying illegally for that reason. Was his flight illegal for another reason, possibly but someone else can look into that.

PhotoDave219

Do I think flying over the site was Irresponsible, Yes I do, but the Drone pilot was not inside the TFR and thus he wasn't flying illegally for that reason. Was his flight illegal for another reason, possibly but someone else can look into that.

Uh. What about his excursions over the Contemporary, Bay Lake, Campground, Seven Seas Lagoon, etc?

DC0703

It has temporary no fly zone protections from an Congressional bill in 2003 but its not enforced and monitored as no one truly cares enough to monitor it for Disney. They have no control tower etc to monitor the airspace besides line of sight from the ground.

I'm inclined to believe that this is false. Back in 1999, I went to Comair Flight School in Sanford, just north of Orlando. This was before the 2003 no fly protections took place, and even then there were restrictions regarding Disney. My instructors repeatedly told me to steer clear of Disney - without proper approval, flying over it would get you in deep trouble. We had to veer around it as if an invisible dome covered the area.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

That may be the case for THIS video, There are others where he is flying over WL / BLT and Bus Docks at WDW which are within the TFR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom